What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » sugestion for plus

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
sugestion for plus
Author: Message:
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
RE: sugestion for plus
quote:
Originally posted by Vengent Angel
they might be web based... but they all have one thing in common.... "UNREAD"...
or it may be in any language, and the word unread may ve a any place of the page.
quote:
all you'd need to do, is make a feature that could go to a site (anysite) and look for the text that displays how many unread e-mail there are...
it isn't as easy as it seems to you.

too much code for very few use.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
06-18-2004 11:59 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Vengent Angel

Talk to the Hand!

39 / Male / –
it shouldn't matter where on the page it is... if it were just to use a "ctrl+f" type function to look for the word "unread" when that changes from it's normal state, then it lets the user know... and i reckon there'd be heaps of people that'd use it... i know i've got 4+ e-mail addresses... and i'd LOVE a feature like that.
06-18-2004 12:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
plus would have to download a whole page, and then search for "unread" in the page, while also searching for it in every other language, and it may need to store cookies to login, or do sessions, so suddenly plus is turning into a webbrowser, all to see if you have e-mail

EDIT: take a look at this http://www.eprompter.com/

This post was edited on 06-18-2004 at 06:02 PM by saralk.
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
06-18-2004 05:58 PM
Vengent Angel

Talk to the Hand!

39 / Male / –
surely you won't have to download the whole page... perhaps just into a temp file, and things like languages could be set by the user, it would only be a basic program, nothing too complex... what the user would have to do is tell the program what to look for, what language, basically, you'd have to do everything accept check the mail, once the program is set up then there should be no prob... i don't think it'd be all that difficult, perhaps i'll have a look at making it myself when i've got the time
06-19-2004 10:13 AM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: RE: sugestion for plus
quote:
it shouldn't matter where on the page it is... if it were just to use a "ctrl+f" type function to look for the word "unread" when that changes from it's normal state, then it lets the user know... and i reckon there'd be heaps of people that'd use it... i know i've got 4+ e-mail addresses... and i'd LOVE a feature like that.

Have u ever thought of using another program to check all ur e-mail/pop3 mailaccounts?

For example Mailwasher Pro can handle: Pop3, Hotmail, Imap and AOL accounts. Simply add the accounts into it..tell the program to load on startup and ur mail will be checked every 10 mins.

U can get it here: http://www.download.com/MailWasher-Pro/3000-2382-...8.html?tag=lst-0-1
[Image: 25dr3o9]
06-19-2004 10:31 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Vengent Angel

Talk to the Hand!

39 / Male / –
well that's what it'll probably end up being... another program, but i particularly want something that will for for yahoo accounts, and if you could make my idea work then there is no reason, that i can see, why i wouldn't work for all account servers... unless you have to rely on finding the "unread" part in a frame... have to experiment...
06-19-2004 10:43 AM
snoggy

add me!!

34 / Male / –
i was wondering if there is a plugin/program that lets you have more than 10 custom emoticons in the dropdown box thingy
06-23-2004 12:26 AM
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
snoggy: Wlecome to the forums :wave: Your suggestion should be put in another thread.

Vengent Angel: There is a program called Pennock E-mail Notifier which handles a number of different web-based and POP3 accounts.

This post was edited on 06-23-2004 at 03:14 AM by Concord Dawn.
[Image: 7.png]
06-23-2004 03:11 AM
Vantage

Bam

– / Male / –
i do '\' and it does nothing :(
Never Hope. Always Wish.
06-23-2004 03:13 AM
Vengent Angel

Talk to the Hand!

39 / Male / –
wow... when i press \ it prints a \ character on the screen like so: \    :D

where are you entering it? in a chat window? 'cause if so and your trying to do a command, try / not \ and follow it with a command eg "/me shows someome how to use a command" would print "Velvet Sledge shows someone how to use a command" and it will leave out the "Velvet Sledge says:" bit

what's that got to do with this forum anyway?
06-23-2004 03:57 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: