What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Scan/Show IP address of Friend

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Scan/Show IP address of Friend
Author: Message:
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
RE: Scan/Show IP address of Friend
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
i meant that it's much easier use netstat than making a that plugin
Definitely, but once the plug-in is made and installed, it will be much easier to use the plug-in than to use netstat. :d

For extra usefulness, maybe you could have some other IP-address-related tasks built in... :p
06-19-2004 08:54 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by jackass_wanabe
:) ok :)
i can't (or don't know how to) use that thing. All what i've tried gives me errors. Definetelly i'm not good with those kind of stuff :P
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
Definitely, but once the plug-in is made and installed, it will be much easier to use the plug-in than to use netstat.
yes, for the user it'd be easier, not for the developer :P
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
For extra usefulness, maybe you could have some other IP-address-related tasks built in...
mmmm.... :^)
Messenger Plus! en español:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
06-19-2004 08:58 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
yes, for the user it'd be easier, not for the developer
You could say the same for many programs. :p

quote:
:lol: Nothing really dodgy/malicious, of course... :dodgy:
06-19-2004 09:02 AM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
:lol: Nothing really dodgy/malicious, of course... :dodgy:
:lol: With "mmm...." I meant I don't know what thing could be done :P I wasn't thinking in anything dodgy :D

This post was edited on 06-19-2004 at 09:08 AM by Choli.
Messenger Plus! en español:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
06-19-2004 09:07 AM
Fiola

Well, i for one would love to see this plugin made.
Recently a few of my friend has got their messenger account highjacked, and it is really frustrating when that happens. They all wish to find out who the person is, because it seems like they got highjacked because they had really easy secret answers. The person highjacking the account is probably someone they know. It would be nice to know the ip of the person, so that they can track down the highjacker, and give him/her a good pounding :D
06-24-2004 07:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
quote:
i can't (or don't know how to) use that thing. All what i've tried gives me errors. Definetelly i'm not good with those kind of stuff

lol same here :)
06-24-2004 04:40 PM
Zen Archon

34 / Male / –
and, is still someone working on that plug-in, because i really wanna use it then, because some of my contacts are hacked, so I can find out who it was.
06-27-2004 07:16 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Fiola
Well, i for one would love to see this plugin made.
Recently a few of my friend has got their messenger account highjacked, and it is really frustrating when that happens. They all wish to find out who the person is, because it seems like they got highjacked because they had really easy secret answers. The person highjacking the account is probably someone they know. It would be nice to know the ip of the person, so that they can track down the highjacker, and give him/her a good pounding :D

and

quote:
Originally posted by Zen Archon
and, is still someone working on that plug-in, because i really wanna use it then, because some of my contacts are hacked, so I can find out who it was.

That is so f***íng b******t!!!!!
First of all:
you can't track down who have hijacked their hotmail account... the only information U can get is which country they are from, and then U can check all of Ur contacts ip's or other ip's U find, to hopefully get some kind of idea who it is, but still, many people have dynamical IP adresses so U can't use this to anything at all!!!!....

Second:
It is so easy to "crack"/hijack accounts, some people just don't think very much, they don't use their brains at all...
Try going to a "Dating" or "community" page, and then find a random person, check their profile, there email might be there somewhere, goto their email homepage ex. www.hotmail.com choose I forgot my password, then check their secret question, go to their profile on the dating page and look if they tell U what there thier favorite movie is, or their petname which is the 2 most common sercret question used on hotmail.... go check it out... so easy.. so it could be anyone... if people don't want this to happen, change your secret to something else, or don't tell people what Ur favorite movie is if that is Ur secret questíon.....

But I still like the idea about a plugin that retrives the IP. is somebody still working in this? or have everybody quit this project?.....
06-28-2004 07:53 AM
illuzn

00 Dodge Viper GTS-R

– / Male / –
I've posted the easiest way on the forums before i'll go look up the link:
illuzn's reply to I NEED HELP !!!!!
Follow the steps there.... it will work 100% of the time... although you do still need to use a command prompt... i've pretty much given a step by step set of instructions. I'll clarify them again here:
1. Goto Start-->Run-->taskman.exe
2. Click on the processes tab, find the messenger process (msnmsgr.exe) and grab its PID If you don't see a PID column goto View-->Select Columns and turn on the PID column
3. Goto Start-->Run-->cmd.exe
4. Download the portqry file and put it in c:\ root...
5. Run the following code... *note* the first entry is to navigate to c:\ (you can put it elsewhere just navigate there)
code:
cd c:\
portqry.exe -wpid *insert process id here* -wt 2
6. Send a file to the contact you want to interrogate
7. You will see a connection with a port other than 80 and 1863 that is the ip of your contact
[Image: signature.jpg]
06-28-2004 09:22 AM
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
many people have dynamical IP adresses so U can't use this to anything at all!!!!....

most broadband users do :)

* Stigmata has one :P
* Stigmata uses it on irc :)

and you have a good point....but trust me there are many other ways of gaining a password :)

one ive heard of is a print screen of the messenger window and signing window, that has been painted to a form

and when you fill in your details and so on
it recordes it in a .txt file, and gives the error that you could not sign in. closes the program, and launchs messenger :)

then its simple from then...

if u like ill make one :P

06-28-2004 10:21 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: