What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Scan/Show IP address of Friend

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
Scan/Show IP address of Friend
Author: Message:
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

RE: Scan/Show IP address of Friend
blah you can get the text of the password box using win32 api (on < XP)...

don't ask me how, but writing an msn trojan horse (excuse me for the word) isn't hard...
06-28-2004 05:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
illuzn

00 Dodge Viper GTS-R

– / Male / –
Don't even need to hack the api... get anyone of those out of the box stealth keyloggers badaboom... some of them even have full stealth capability like one that *cough*somebody*cough* i know has used. It encapsulates another file inside it so that when run it will run say a joke program but at the same time deploys the keylogger and runs an ftp for you to dl the logs
[Image: signature.jpg]
06-29-2004 12:01 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
Ok.. now this thread shouldn't have come to a discusion about how to get a password from another account which is illegal... but to obtain somebodys ip address is not illegal...

I've gone a step further in my messing with messenger, so i'm currently working on a "Secret Project" it's not secret just don't wanna spoil to much ATM.....It proberly is not going to be a Plus plugin but maybe a mix between a standalone program(which needs to be run before msn messenger) and a plugin...but I can say that it will be able to login offline(I know this already have been done by some "patches" but still...) and it will be able to obtain another contacts IP-address by sending them a file or webcam request and quikly canceling again.... and lots more.. I'll tell U more when I get a litle further with this project, and I guess I will release a alpha/beta stage of the project.. but It might take some time, I just started this project a few hours ago... and some of the stuff may be new to me.... so....

This post was edited on 06-29-2004 at 12:45 AM by (CyBeRDuDe).
06-29-2004 12:44 AM
Varish

36 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
it will be able to obtain another contacts IP-address by sending them a file or webcam request and quikly canceling again...

I read at some MSN Security report (i think it was the update log) that Giving the IP of the content before accepting requests was a "serious security bug" and a fixed version was released. So you might want to do some resarch.
[Image: sig.png]
06-29-2004 04:55 AM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
hmm... crap... then I guess I'm kinda to late with this...  but I will still continue... trying to make it work asap... :D...
06-29-2004 10:46 AM
Digma

Although some people think it is an invasion to privacy and others think it is b******* to obtain an ip to find out who a person is, it will certainly be to value for me.

I own and run a pretty large messageboard and with a large messageboard come 'fuck-ups'. People who will try to spoil the fun for others or try everything possible to piss you off.

Amongst their actions is the 'imposter' msn approach. Acting if they're someone else and asking for sensitive information from moderators and administrators about information regarding other users and moderators.

Fortunately my staff knows what to do in these kinds of situations as we have our own policies to deal with such matters. However I would sure like to find out who's approaching them all the time.

In other words: find out their IP address (possibly even their hostname) and compare it to the IP addresses at our messageboard to see if there are any users who have the same IP address (and hostname).

It doesn't take a genius to realize what will happen to the user if we find out who he is.

So to me it would certainly be a valuable add-on/plug-in.

This post was edited on 09-10-2005 at 07:41 PM by Digma.
09-10-2005 07:40 PM
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
hey did you guys forget it tries to go through the server before making a direct connection ? :o

This post was edited on 09-10-2005 at 07:46 PM by ShawnZ.
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.