What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » ColorNick v2, the ultimate nickname editor

Pages: (21): « First « 15 16 17 18 [ 19 ] 20 21 » Last »
4 votes - 3.25 average   ColorNick v2, the ultimate nickname editor
Author: Message:
Mürtha

36 / Female / –
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor
Mithrandir  I thank u so much..... :D

thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
06-13-2005 02:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
Mithrandir: I was wondering that maybe you could take of the CountNick project made by cyberdude as he says that the project is "dead" and will release the source if anyone wants to continue. It would be to combo it as a single app to control your nick
06-13-2005 08:18 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
computer_wiz16

Huh?  RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor
I Download The ColorNick v2. But it doesn't work on msn messenger 7.0 only on Windows Messenger! What's up with that?

06-30-2005 08:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
levina

the child we are is always within us

51 / Female / –
i used the keyboard to have my name in colour. it is fantastic.
when does the next version comes out?

i can hardly wait.

greets  levina
that would be very helpfull to have a version of colornick in dutch.

levina(Y):P
when does the next version comes out?

quote:
Originally posted by Mithrandir
I just finished my ColorNick v2 plugin for MsgPlus! :):o) It's I think far far better than the previous version.

NOTE: ColorNick v2 won't be updated anymore, next version will be ColorNick 3.

Current version: 2.0.708

Features:
  • All features of ColorNick 1 are of course there: bold, italic, underline, gradients, single color ; instant preview of the result ; color also "says:" ...
  • Now you can color what you want: only the selection, or the entire nick.
  • You can color the background of the text (single color or gradient of course).
  • New command /xcolortext , similar to /xcolornick but for normal text (messages).
  • New "auto-coloration" feature: you set a default color/gradient in the Preferences, you enable it, and then you only have to type /xcolornick My Nickname (or /xcolortext...) to color your text without showing the dialog.
  • You can use Plus! control codes with auto-coloration enabled (CTRL+B, CTRL+T, etc...)
  • Standard MSN emoticons won't be altered when using a gradient effect.
  • Enhanced color-codes decimator to get a less-than-129-characters-long nickname
  • Save your favorite nicknames to call them back later quickly thanks to /xquicknick (quicktext-like feature).
  • Imports your current nick (with colors!).
  • Completely new interface.
  • Internet updates.
  • Import/export the config from the Preferences window.
  • Available in English, French, Dutch, Spanish, Catalan and Italian.
  • Installer/uninstaller (you can uninstall from "Add/Delete Programs")

How to use: open a conversation window with any contact, type one of these commands and press Enter:
  • /xcolornick <nickname>  = change your nick
  • /xcolortext <message>  = send colored text
  • /xquicknick <shortcut>  = if a shortcut is specified, use the associated nick; else show the QuickNick dialog
  • /xquicknicksave <shortcut> = save your current nick and use the specified argument as shortcut.
  • /xcolornickcfg  = Preferences dialog
  • /xcolornickabout = About... dialog
  • /xcolornickhelp = shows the readme file
All these commands are available through the Plus! -> Plugins -> ColorNick v2 menu of any conversation window.

Known limitations:
  • your contacts need Messenger Plus! to see the colors.
  • the colors of the nickname are not those you choosed in ColorNick  ->  some color codes are automatically deleted to get a shorter raw nickname (< 129 characters). Try using less colors or a shorter nickname.
  • if an error occurs during install, please be sure you closed MSN Messenger and all word processors (like MS Word) ; do not ignore the file.
  • do not use custom emoticons with shortcuts "#" or "$"
  • if you get an error "RTF->XML : can't find \viewkind ..." , there is nothing to do but wait for ColorNick 3 ; this is a known bug in ColorNick v2.

ColorNick, as a plugin, is easier to use than many other programs: you don't have to run an EXE, create the nick, copy and paste the code: you simply click "OK" and you nickname is set.(H)

You can download it from http://perso.wanadoo.fr/mithrandir/

There are probably some bugs left, so if you encounter an error please tell me ! :)
You can contact me by email (colornick -at- msgplus.net) or by answering to this thread.
Also, if you enjoy my plugin, tell me too ! ;)

[Image: screenshot.jpg]

07-01-2005 12:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user44571
Disabled Account

please dont double/triple post, it is against the rules

please note there may not be a next version
07-01-2005 01:30 PM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
Damn someone should make a clone of this plugin :(
08-02-2005 08:48 PM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
BUG: MSN Messenger 7.5.0299
Plus! 3.54.132

I change my nick to something like: How are [blue]you[/blue] doing? Im [green]good[/green] how about [red]you?[/red]

In other words alot of colors. I directly get the code and use the /nick command from the convo window but it doesnt apply any colors at all to anything. Bolding it all works but still no colors.
09-01-2005 05:24 PM
Mithrandir

ColorNick's creator

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor
riahc4, I'll contact you soon about this bug, as I need more information ; but remember this may be a Plus! issue with MSN 7.5

Unfortunately the CPU fan of my comptuer decided to stop working yesterday, I don't know yet if the CPU is dead or not, and anyway I have no computer until the fan is replaced :s

Now, about ColorNick 3... when I first started working on it, I began with a new Visual Basic project and designed the interface and the language system. Then, as CN3 would need subclassing and other advanced techniques, I decided to code it in C++ ...
But, as I'm a beginner in this language, development is too long and time-consuming, so here is what I think I'll do: I'll create another Visual Basic project for Colornick v2.1, copy/paste the "clean" parts of ColorNick v2 and its interface, and recode the buggy parts. This way I hope I'll be able to release a bug-free (or almost :p) version of ColorNick v2, then I'll have time to continue ColorNick 3.

I'm also making a "FAQ" section for ColorNick v2, with instructions on how to use it (/xcolornick in a conversation window instead of Config dialog!)
ColorNick v2 for MsgPlus 3 only: Official thread - Site & FAQ - Download
09-03-2005 07:42 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
riahc4, I'll contact you soon about this bug, as I need more information ; but remember this may be a Plus! issue with MSN 7.5

OK I sent you a PM with my email in case you wanna talk about it over MSN.
quote:

Now, about ColorNick 3... when I first started working on it, I began with a new Visual Basic project and designed the interface and the language system. Then, as CN3 would need subclassing and other advanced techniques, I decided to code it in C++ ...
But, as I'm a beginner in this language, development is too long and time-consuming, so here is what I think I'll do: I'll create another Visual Basic project for Colornick v2.1, copy/paste the "clean" parts of ColorNick v2 and its interface, and recode the buggy parts. This way I hope I'll be able to release a bug-free (or almost :p) version of ColorNick v2, then I'll have time to continue ColorNick 3.
Good plan. Sorry about making that ColorNick clone thread. I just thought you deserted us without more ColorNick releases :(
09-04-2005 05:54 PM
King Of Chaos

– / Male / Flag
Sweet :D
09-04-2005 08:31 PM
Pages: (21): « First « 15 16 17 18 [ 19 ] 20 21 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version