What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » openConvo (notifies when a user open/close your chat window)

Pages: (20): « First « 12 13 14 15 [ 16 ] 17 18 19 20 » Last »
2 votes - 5 average   openConvo (notifies when a user open/close your chat window)
Author: Message:
XxpilotxX

RE: openConvo (notifies when a user open/close your chat window)
:D its a very good plugin :)
12-12-2004 04:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
taz030485

39 / Male / –
Is it possible to run this plugin WITHOUT windows messenger?
As I use a wireless network and sometimes I loose connetion and when I get it back windows messenger signs me in before msn gets a chance to, and it also takes up valuable systems resources and boot time.
[Image: taz030485.png]
02-22-2005 11:26 PM
dylan!

l33t p4int3r

– / Male / Flag
i like it!...havent been here for a few days just read thread and i think its awesome(Y)
02-22-2005 11:31 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by checkmate
does this program work with msn 7 cos it dont in my one
Yes, it will still function, although the reported messages must be interpreted by you (this is due the way msn messenger 7 works, more info on that can be found in various thread). eg: you'll recieve an "opened window" message when you first sign in for some people. They didn't opened a window with you though, it is their msn messenger 7 which requests an update on your DP.... This means the messages aren't always correct, but with the right interpretation, you can easly pick the ones out which are valid.

There is no other method available to detect "opened windows", this is the only way...

quote:
Originally posted by checkmate
if not is der ne other softwares out der dats compaitble with msn 7 pls help thanks
Every other possible plugin/addon/whatever which has such a feature will use exactly the same method as used by OpenConvo, there is no other way...

Also see my previous post about this, in this thread (it helps btw if you read the entire thread before posting stuff): http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=28...d=315737#pid315737

quote:
Originally posted by alegator
I installed OpenConvo. I go to the Plugins folder of Plus! but I'm unable to find the openconvo.txt log file.
It will be were you have set it to be in the preferences of the plugin (if you enabled the logging of those messages of course)...

quote:
Also, I had a contact open my conversation window several times and Openconvo does not notifiy me and does not create a log file as said above
Configure the plugin before you're going to use it... Also, make sure Windows Messenger is installed on your system (if you have XP)...

quote:
Originally posted by taz030485
Is it possible to run this plugin WITHOUT windows
messenger?
No, it must be installed as this plugin uses the Messenger API...

quote:
Originally posted by taz030485
(...) windows messenger signs me in before msn gets a chance to, and it also takes up valuable systems resources and boot time.
You can configure Windows Messenger so that it does not sign you in automatically when it connects again. Simply open Windows Messenger, go to "Tools > Options > Preferences" and untick:
- Run Windows Messenger when Windows starts
- Allow Windows Messenger to run in the background

After that follow exactly the instructions given on "CookieRevised's reply to I am about to rip my hair out over MS Messanger". Windows Messenger will never bother you again, AND programs which depend on Windows Messenger (yes, even MSN Messenger depends on it for some functions!) will still keep on running 100%...

This post was edited on 02-24-2005 at 03:36 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-24-2005 03:26 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
zeus6996

Huh?  RE: openConvo (notifies when a user open/close your chat window)

:P could you make it so that it says something in the window as opposed to a toast... something like:   "(person's name) has opened the window or started a conversation." something like SPNG... I don't know why SPNG has no open window option itself? :P
02-25-2005 11:27 PM
Joa
The dodgiest member

117 / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by zeus6996
don't know why SPNG has no open window option itself?

u can find some info on that here http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=38253&page=5
:bow: gif :bow: <3   

spam.

02-26-2005 06:22 AM
zeus6996

Roll Eyes  RE: openConvo (notifies when a user open/close your chat window)
On another note: Why is everyone saying that when someone views your DP it sends a message that they have opened a window... I have polygamy and my friend opened his msn on another msn and looked we tested this... it does not send a message when viewing the DP but it does when opening the window... Thus, I conclude that it works... so why is everyone claiming that the aforementioned predicament occurs on SPNG...?! 8-)

This post was edited on 02-26-2005 at 06:36 AM by zeus6996.
02-26-2005 06:35 AM
J.J

R.I.P Myles. Missing you.

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Also, I had a contact open my conversation window several times and Openconvo does not notifiy me and does not create a log file as said above

Same thing happens for me, i dont get any toasts...

quote:
Originally posted by zeus6996
Configure the plugin before you're going to use it... Also, make sure Windows Messenger is installed on your system (if you have XP)...

I have windows messenger and i have configured the plugin, but im still not getting any toasts :undecided:

This post was edited on 02-26-2005 at 07:10 AM by J.J.
[Image: bluesig5rz.png]
Previously known as \'lappin\' and \'Third Dimension\'

Damo says (12:00 AM):
-pictures harry potter naked-
02-26-2005 07:04 AM
zeus6996

:s Now my program too is not functioning properly... by which i mean I'm not getting any window open/closed toasts or notifications... :(     it worked somewhat well while it worked... lol ..... hopefully there will be an update and a fix to this soon :)
02-26-2005 05:25 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
People, please...

There is nothing wrong in how the plugin works!!!! There IS only 1 way to detect this stuff. Read up on some other threads (or even this entire thread) to know how things work and why it does NOT work 100% together with MSN Messenger 7 and why Stuffplug-NG doesn't include this function anymore. If something is not working it is NOT because the plugin is buggy or whatever, but because you didn't configure it right or didn't have Windows Messenger properly installed and enabled or if you have some sort of stupid anti-spyware/adware monitor or even firewall which is blocking stuff. The plugin is absolutely working perfect and there is NOTHING wrong with it.

Please, before posting read up on some stuff as EVERYTHING is said before in this and other various threads. And don't go "the thread is too long to read it all" as it are those repeated questions and the repeated answers which makes such threads longer then needed...

I'm sorry if this post sounds/is harsh... but it is how it is... there is nothing to fix...

This post was edited on 02-27-2005 at 03:42 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-26-2005 05:40 PM
Pages: (20): « First « 12 13 14 15 [ 16 ] 17 18 19 20 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: