What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Fahrenheit 9/11

Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
Fahrenheit 9/11
Author: Message:
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. Grin  Fahrenheit 9/11
Just a few days ago I saw Fahrenheit 9/11...and it is pretty disturbing.  The movie points out how several top white house officials, including United States president George W. Bush, planned, executed, and decieved the american people.  I'll break down the fine points of the movie for you, I highly suggest you see it, tickets are available online.

Discrimination Against African Americans
When your entire family manages a state, its pretty easy to fix an election, such as the 2000 Election.  The governor and the lady who counts the votes are related to you, so it's easy for you to pull it off.  In the November 2000 Elections, SEVERAL counties in the state of florida appealed to the state about problems on Election Night, and the movie says that some of the people taking the votes were instructed to "throw out african american peoples votes".

President Bushs' inauguration
In January of 2001, 43rd U.S. President George W. Bush was inaugrated into the White House.  Although the president usually walks a block to the white house, on the day of bushs' inauguration, he was unable to, as his limousine was being egged from protesters.  Bad start to his presidency.

"Vacations all I ever wanted, Vacation, Everywhere, Everyday"
Present Bush was on vacation for 46% of the time, according to the movie.  However, A local newspaper reported that president bush could only be accounted in the white house 36% of the time.  The rest: Vacation!

September 11th, 2001: Planned
The movie provides proof that September 11th, 2001 was planned by George W. Bush and top white house officials.  The reason it was planned, according to the movie, was to generate revenue from the emergency services required (see "Economy: Up to 7% owned by Bin Ladens")

Economy: Up to 7% owned by Bin Ladens
Alright, so we now know that September 11th, 2001 was planned by the bin ladens and bush/white house...But whats more?  When air traffic in the United States was restricted, the Bin Laden Family (Not osama) was allowed to fly OUT OF THE UNITED STATES with the usual security checks, nothing more, nothing less.  Up to 7% of Americas Economy is owned by the Bin Ladens, which, if all of it was removed, would possibly cause a depression.

The Companies: Who's got the Bin Ladens Money!
Well, I dont remember them all, but "The Carlyle Group" (a big chunk of companies) and "AOL Time Warner" are the 2 that I do remember.

Homeland Security: False sense of protection
The department of Homeland Security was created with a false sense of protection.  Moore attributes that the scale of possible attacks will never be below yellow, and is raised to orange at times to generate Security profits.  The government is playing a psychological game with Americans, always keeping them scared of what might be coming next.

Operation Iraqi Freedom
Saddam Hussein never had weapons of mass destruction.  This was made up as a reason to send Americans into war...In bushs' words, "I'm a war president".

The Patriot Act
The Patriot Act was voted for, and is now in effect in the United States.  Heres a shocking fact...Only 1 Congressman read the thing!  The movie shows how the act allowed the government to penetrate a group that was for peace, the most harmless looking people in the world, and use the act to label them as "potential terrorists".

Result of the movie
The movie undoubtedly has changed the minds of several millions of American Voters.  I'll be very surprised if bush is re-elected.

This little look at the movie is just a glance, and it may not make much sense (its 4:16AM :P), but go see the movie, it explains what the government doesnt want us to know.
07-05-2004 09:16 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
fluffy_lobster
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Fahrenheit 9/11
I can't say I'm surpised to see this from you dane :P

I might have given it a second look if it didn't look like a convention for absurd conspiracy theories.  It's a shame that the vaguely plausible ones are spoilt by the rest.
07-05-2004 09:26 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Varish

36 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by eXoenDo
Operation Iraqi Freedom
Saddam Hussein never had weapons of mass destruction.

Errrr....i thought he changed his lame story to "fight against  terror" after the war and when people wanted to know about the weapons!

People have to admit now, he's just a pile of *beep* without any thing even close to a Brain!

o..and why does america get to produce any weapon they want?
[Image: sig.png]
07-05-2004 09:32 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

wtf!?!?! what is the point in this film, its not funny, its not interesting, its just it.. its built a new genre for itself ... :dodgy:

i say boycott :p
07-05-2004 09:39 AM
~INVASION~
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
i definetely want to see this movie...Bowling for Colombine was an amazing movie and im sure this one is way better

vacation for that long is f***ing horiible

hes the goddam president he should be there for his country not screwin around on the dam golfcourse (most likely his own private golf course too :P)
{WindowsLive Butterfly ~ 2006 - 2009}
07-05-2004 09:48 AM
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Fahrenheit 9/11
Heh...He made a "Serious" speech on a golf course at one point in the movie, and then made a joke after :dodgy:.  Btw, teh "War Against Terror" has nothing to do with Iraq, tis just some stupid excuse to scare all americans again.

If you liked bowling for columbine, you'll like this.

Btw, didnt make its own category, its a Documentary.
07-05-2004 09:52 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
fluffy_lobster
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
Re: the golf shot that they make so much hoo-haa about all over the site... do you see him making a speech and then making a joke after?  I don't.  He makes a speech, then in a different shot he takes a shot in golf like he's supposed to.  He could have said that before, or a long time after, after the interview had finished.  That's misleading cinematography, which is a critical mistake.  How can you expect anyone to believe you that the government is misleading us if your own case for it is misleading?
07-05-2004 10:38 AM
~INVASION~
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
well ill be sure to keep an eye out for that when i go to see the movie:D

P.S. the lobster is pimpin man:banana:
{WindowsLive Butterfly ~ 2006 - 2009}
07-05-2004 10:46 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

i just think that this movie is shit!
07-05-2004 12:46 PM
fluffy_lobster
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by eXoenDo
Its for people who want to know the truth :).
Nah, it's for people who are bored with the truth.  Face it, the bin ladens do not own 7% of the economy, and 9/11 did not produce revenue for the emergency services.

Btw, traxor stop spamming with crappy complaints... if you don't find anything interesting about something don't talk about it

This post was edited on 07-05-2004 at 08:27 PM by fluffy_lobster.
07-05-2004 02:17 PM
Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: