What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [Feature Request] formatting already written text

[Feature Request] formatting already written text
Author: Message:
jriveragutierrez

42 / Male / –
O.P. [Feature Request] formatting already written text
Hello!

I just wanted to make a suggestion about text formatting.

I like very much the new messenger plus icon over the "send" button in my chat window, but think about this situation:

"I write a long long message to my friend and when i read the message i find out it will be a good idea to write one phrase in italics. I instinctively mark the phrase (as if I was to change the format when writing in Word or so) and then I click the icon, and select 'Insert a Text Format Tag' and select italics and oops... my important text is replaced by a format tag..."

No loss at all, I just press Ctrl-Z and get my text back, but, wouldn't it be nice (nice, but i don't know if it is possible...) that my text is replaced by the format tag, my original text and the closing tag?

Think about it...

Jorge Riera Gutiérrez
07-07-2004 07:49 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ddunk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: [Feature Request] formatting already written text
To do this, you can go to the beginning of the first word of your text, press CTRL+T and then go after the last word you want formatted and press CTRL+T again. CTRL+T inserts the format tag for italics (CTRL+B for bold, U for underlined and S for strike out)

There is also a formatting box similar to the CTRL+K box for color, but I cannot recall it's shortcut at the moment.

Although your suggestion is a good one and it would be helpful, currently, the way described is the only way to do it right now. Hope this helped. :)

07-07-2004 07:55 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
RE: [Feature Request] formatting already written text
quote:
Originally posted by jriveragutierrez
"I write a long long message to my friend and when i read the message i find out it will be a good idea to write one phrase in italics. I instinctively mark the phrase (as if I was to change the format when writing in Word or so) and then
.... and then you press Ctrl + T and that selected text will be in italics :D!!!
quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk
There is also a formatting box similar to the CTRL+K box for color, but I cannot recall it's shortcut at the moment.
what do you mean?
Ctrl + B -> Bold
Ctrl + T -> Italics
Ctrl + U -> Underlined
Ctrl + S -> Stroke out
Ctrl + K -> Color
Ctrl + O -> Reset Format
Ctrl + R -> Show that bold/italic/unerlined/strike out panel inserter
Messenger Plus! en español:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4: