What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Buffer overrun error please help

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Buffer overrun error please help
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Buffer overrun error please help
Are you using Windows Messenger, or MSN Messenger? And what version (exact complete version number x.xxxx)?
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-12-2004 03:42 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
_AnToNiO_

O.P. RE: Buffer overrun error please help
im using msn Messenger 6.2.0137
07-12-2004 03:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Kram

37 / Male / –
Not that it helps, but i have exactly the same problem. In all respects. I thought it might have had something to do with the old handwriting plugin but the problem remains without the plugin. I have the same problem with plus in both windows and msn messengers.
08-10-2004 11:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Anyone else got this problem? Also, did you try uninstalling completely ( this includes deleting all your preferences) to see if it fixed the problem?
[Image: signature2.gif]
08-11-2004 08:22 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Kram

37 / Male / –
I have uninstalled and reinstalled plus completely (including prefrences). I have also tryed deleting the folder and any remains i could find after the install. I have also tryed to install an older version 220 (with windows messenger) and the error doesn't occur. The error occurs with plus3 whenever i press the "send" after typing a message. coincidentaly i can continue to use msn if i ignore the message to do anything but send a message. as soon as i ackowlage the message then msn quits completely. All plus featuers like transparency and banner removal work. I havent tried turing off the loggin feature. I hope this helps. Thanks:S

This post was edited on 08-12-2004 at 06:20 AM by Kram.
08-12-2004 06:13 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
Kram & AnToNiO:
  • Uninstall Plus! (completely, remove settings too).
  • Reboot, login at MSN, is the problem still there? (let us know)
  • Now uninstall MSN Messenger and reboot.
  • Download the latest MSN Messenger from http://messenger.msn.com/ and install it.
  • Login at MSN, is the problem still there? (let us again)
  • Download the latest Messenger Plus! from http://www.msgplus.net and install it.
  • Login at MSN, is the problem still there? (again, let us know)

If the problem is fixed then let us know at what part the problem dissapeard. Also, try to anwser the following questions as much as possible:
  • Which Windows version do you use?
  • If you are on Windows XP, did you installed Service Pack 2 (SP2)?
  • Do you have Microsoft .NET v1.1 installed? If you don't or you are not sure, go to http://www.windowsupdate.com and scan for updates. If you can't find Microsoft .NET anywhere the you already have it. If you do see it then select it and install it, then reboot and see if it fixes the problem.
  • Do you have any probram installed for costum windows themes, or any other program that is running on your PC that might be causing it?

EDIT:Another peson whith the same problem over here. I was translating the messages he posted in the  topic he lniked to using WorldLingo and it seems that this person started having these problems after:
quote:
Originally posted by WorldLingo Translation
I formatted the XP, not desinstalei Messenger 4,6, only bloquiei it in gpedit.msc not to initiate together and not to enter, I installed the MSN the 6.2.137 and MSN Plus 3.00.94, I cleaned invalid keys with the TuneUp and j16, I restarted and entered normal the MSN the 6,2 for the shortcut of the"All Programs" and the Plus entered together.

But when sending 1 msg it gives to this msg below and closes alone.

http://www.babooforum.com.br/idealbb/files/23847-msnplus_6.2.jpg

There I gave that famous command in executing to remove the 4,6, but now MSN 6,2 only enters for the C: \Archives of programs \MSN Messenger \msnmsgr.exe and does not enter the MSN Plus no way.

Poxa, not vi so far somebody with same problem, what I must errrado is making of.

1 Light There Please
Source: 8th post at Brazillian Topic

Kram & AnToNiO:
  • Can you run Windows Messenger? If so tell use what version you have.
  • Did you ever use gpedit.msc to disable Windows Messenger?
  • Did you ever tried something or removed files to disable Windows Messenger?
  • If you go to http://www.windowsupdate.com , is Windows Messenger in the list(s) of updates? If so download, install, reboot and see if it helps you.

This post was edited on 08-14-2004 at 01:59 AM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
08-13-2004 08:19 PM
Kram

37 / Male / –
Thanks MenthiX for the help.
I have since reinstalled windows and no longer have the problem. While I was trying to get plus to work, I still had the error after rebooting between the install and uninstalls. I didn’t have any windows theme customizers installed. I was to the best of my knowledge using the latest windows messenger and the latest msn messenger. I tried re-installing msn messenger to fix the problem but that also didn’t work. One thing I never remembered to try was disabling plus features. I wasn’t using any plug in while I had the problem. I was using xp with sp1. The problem didn’t occur when I first installed plus. I have been using plus for a long time and the problem occurred spontaneously one day, trying to talk after sign in.
Hope this helps
08-18-2004 07:54 AM
Dr4g0n

33 / Male / Flag
I have i similar problem except i dont get the error, i cant reboot atm. ill try fixing it later, i can live without it :p
I haven't changed anything either, it just... happened :/

This post was edited on 08-18-2004 at 09:05 AM by Dr4g0n.
08-18-2004 09:04 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: