What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » 2 Questions - word filtering and custom emoticons

2 Questions - word filtering and custom emoticons
Author: Message:
cooldude_i06

I'm so cool I worry myself.

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: 2 Questions - word filtering and custom emoticons
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
If that don't work, explain me this:
quote:
Originally posted by cooldude_i06
I use a custom emoticon for a "?" sign and an "!" sign,
do you mean that the codes of the smilies are "?" and "!" ? Or do you mean that those emoticons are images of those symbols? If it's the second case, tell us what codes are you using, and, in both cases, post what filters do you have and an example of line of text where the bug happens.

Its actually both, the emoticons for exclamation has the code ! and the emoticons for question mark has the code ?. An example is:

Originally type: sup
Filter changes it to: What's up

Originally type: sup?
Filter changes it to: What's up (no question mark emoticons)

Originally type: What's up?
Then the emoticon stays.

This even happens if theres one filterable word in the whole sentence and the emoticon isn't beside that word...example

Originally Type: sup dude?
Filter changes to: What's up dude (again no question mark sign)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for replying
[Image: clb2.jpg]
07-10-2004 06:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
2 Questions - word filtering and custom emoticons - by cooldude_i06 on 07-10-2004 at 05:18 AM
RE: 2 Questions - word filtering and custom emoticons - by Choli on 07-10-2004 at 12:26 PM
RE: RE: 2 Questions - word filtering and custom emoticons - by cooldude_i06 on 07-10-2004 at 06:59 PM
RE: 2 Questions - word filtering and custom emoticons - by Choli on 07-10-2004 at 07:30 PM
RE: RE: 2 Questions - word filtering and custom emoticons - by cooldude_i06 on 07-10-2004 at 11:10 PM
RE: 2 Questions - word filtering and custom emoticons - by Patchou on 07-10-2004 at 09:55 PM
RE: 2 Questions - word filtering and custom emoticons - by Patchou on 08-31-2004 at 06:21 PM
RE: 2 Questions - word filtering and custom emoticons - by cooldude_i06 on 09-01-2004 at 05:58 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: