What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Chat Log Password Being Changed

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Chat Log Password Being Changed
Author: Message:
blink_182

O.P. RE: Chat Log Password Being Changed
you told me to send my chat logs to that address thing but it kept sending my e-mails back to me saying it didn't deliver...i uninstalled messenger and reinstalled everything and it seems to be working perfectly fine now...sort of, i still lost all my conversations from when it was going all screwy, but its working okay now
07-13-2004 05:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Chat Log Password Being Changed
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it has been reported. When upgrading from Messenger Plus!2 to Plus!3 the password key somehow becomes corrupted (as far as I know) so most of the chatlogs will no longer work. Patchou is looking into the matter.
07-14-2004 03:35 AM
blink_182

all my old ones work....just any conversation i've had since i downloaded messenger plus 3 doesn't work, but now that i have changed the password back to what it was, any new conversation i have works...so luckily i only lost about a week of conversations...the way you make it sound is that any conversation from the past is now garbage, if that is the case then i consider myself very lucky
07-14-2004 03:41 AM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by blink_182
all my old ones work....just any conversation i've had since i downloaded messenger plus 3 doesn't work, but now that i have changed the password back to what it was, any new conversation i have works...so luckily i only lost about a week of conversations...the way you make it sound is that any conversation from the past is now garbage, if that is the case then i consider myself very lucky
If I am not mistaken and Patch correct me if I am wrong, most of the chat logs do become corrupted.
07-14-2004 03:53 AM
blink_182

okay then i really consider myself lucky......im met this really great girl and now we talk a lot online, if i lost those conversations, i woulda snapped
07-14-2004 04:00 AM
Iv4n

I'm having the same problem too...
Example:
I got my password1 then i changed the password for password2 and another directory, just to start loggin in my own folder and with another different password, it worked a while... but some time after they didnt, it says incorrect password, no matter if i use password1 or password2, it will say incorrect pass. and when i change it again, it says the same thing after a while... just to let u know that its happening to me too... thnx
07-22-2004 04:37 AM
Gweedo

– / Male / –
Mine's done this all too many times, in both version 3 and version 2, to just random logs. It also does stuff like make a new file like gweedo@gweedo.com1.ple. Sometimes it's a new file, sometimes it's the old log renamed and there's a new log under the right name. One or the other will have the password problem. It will happen in a time frame where nobody could have changed the password too. So it has to be a bug.
07-23-2004 02:14 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
snow white

Sad  RE: Chat Log Password Being Changed
I'm having a real problem.  I've always used the same password on all my messenger logs, and I haven't changed it at any time.  No one else has access to my pc, as it's heavily passworded.  But messenger plus keeps changing the password without any input from me.  I go back to a log, and it tells me the password is incorrect, even when I've double checked it.  I need to get back into some of those logs urgently.  I love messenger plus, but this is a huge problem, and one I've never encountered in the past.  It's nice to know it's not just me - I was starting to think I was going entirely insane!  The other thing I've noticed (which is probably in no way related) is that it doesn't ask me for my password when I sign in, and when I look at the preferences, that option is ticked, but greyed out.  Is it related?  I hope someone can come up with a fix soon, as I like to keep the files encrypted, but I still need access to them!  Thanks
07-27-2004 10:57 PM
Iv4n

Hello, patchou, if u havent finded or fixed the bug heres is a solution, or something that can help u to find it, u can do a Messenger Plus that shows the password that its using in all the chats windows to encrypt log files, for example, in the caption, so if its changed from the original u will notice it, and see for what is it changing for... and send this MP to someone who has this problem, and someone that u believe and trust. Because it may be used for other purposes... :^)... well hope it helped, take care. Iv4n
08-18-2004 05:13 PM
blink_182

i found an easier way to find out if your password is changed...i use to have it automaticly remember my password when i sign in, but now i have it set up so that it asks for your password everytime you sign in, this way you will know if it has been changed BEFORE you start talking to people, and not after
08-18-2004 05:18 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: