What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Hotmail increases 2 GB!!!!!

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
Hotmail increases 2 GB!!!!!
Author: Message:
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

RE: Hotmail increases 2 GB!!!!!
it's an MSN system glitch
07-21-2004 10:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Kafman
do you think the web masters of messengeradictos would give false information
Wtf?
I didn't say that :P In fact, they even acknowledge it's a system glitch on their website:
quote:
Originally posted by http://www.messengeradictos.com/
¿Será un error debido a la actualización o un duro golpe sorpresa a la competencia? NO SABEMOS SI ESTAS CUENTAS TENDRÁN 2Gb SIEMPRE o serán de prueba y luego se bajarán a 250Mb menos para los que paguen.
07-21-2004 10:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Kafman
quote:
Originally posted by Guido
it's a system glitch.
WTF!! is not a system glitch, do you think the web masters of messengeradictos would give false information
well, as long as it's not official I don't believe it will last long.

Besides, everyone can give false information or make a mistake :-/.

This post was edited on 07-21-2004 at 10:39 PM by Kryptonate.
07-21-2004 10:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Kafman

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Hotmail increases 2 GB!!!!!
well... Hopefully they will keep the 2GB forever and free, and hopefully is not dodgy system glitch :P

This post was edited on 07-21-2004 at 10:41 PM by Kafman.
[Image: sig.png]
07-21-2004 10:40 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Maniac

Posts including T&T: 1684

36 / Male / –
It is probably a dody system glitch ;)

But yeah i saw this on neowin, Hotmail will probably pull out 1Gb storage.... or at least keep raising it to try to get to Gmail's level...
[Image: maniacsig0pb.jpg]
*It took Jesus 3 days to respawn! Talk about lag!* :rofl:
07-22-2004 01:23 AM
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
blah gmail still looks better and gmail listen to feture requests  and i wont ever even use over 200mb
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
07-22-2004 08:08 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by mess.be

dwergs says:

Just logged into Hotmail to find out its look had changed a bit again. What striked me most was the absence of the ever there red "99% bar" alerting my maximum storage was about to be reached. That could mean only one thing: yes, MSN is finally expanding the inbox size of both free and paid email accounts to 250mb and 2gb. With Google's Gmail gigabyte feature, it was only about time MSN made the same move to keep its current huge userbase. Email accounts are not being upgraded simultaneously, so it's perfectly possible you will have to wait a couple of days before you can enjoy your giant inbox.

I found a rather stupid email from MSN Hotmail Member Services in my inbox today as well, claiming I was about to reach my maximum storage of 2 gigabyte and urgent action was required. With only 9,5mb of used space, I'm taking this communcation was a small error and they meant to send out a proud announcement instead.

UPDATE: According to zeebaf on the Neowin Forums, you can get a 2000mb MSN/Hotmail Account for free like this:

- If you are using Windows XP SP1 run your MSN Explorer 7.02 and signup for new account.

- If you do NOT have Windows XP SP1 installed then download MSN Explorer 7.02 here and signup for new account.

According to follow-up forum posts this trick seems to work for most people, but keep in mind that this is a system glitch and MSN might correct it and downsize your account again later. Oh well, in that case you'll still have a good 250mb.

UPDATE 2: Hotmail is forcing spam filters into elaborate mode. I always used "low" because I never trusted the thing, but I just logged in only to find out it was set to a more stronger setting.

This post was edited on 07-22-2004 at 08:16 AM by Stigmata.
07-22-2004 08:16 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Sk3tch
Veteran Member

We are Samurai, the keyboard cowboys

38 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
at least google was creative by giving 1 gb... but yahoo and hotmail just copy what google did =/
Ooo... just one thing, they weren’t "Creative" in giving 1gb, they were cunning in planning a gimic to attract the 'crowds'. Creative isn’t making a ridiculously (kind of unnecessary) high storage space limit. Yes 1gb is.. well its nice, the bigger the better right? But having a system where you 'Archive' everything is there only 'creative' part when it comes to there difference with hotmail/yahoo/ect. You could say that they copied gmail, and you could be right.. but ive had gmail for a few weeks now, and to me.. its quality over quantity.. and that’s despite the beta form of it all. Not saying that hotmail is better quality, but it suits me fine :)
quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
rofl google still owns you know 
:P

Hmm... weird glitch :S...  and 2000mb...  :dodgy:

* Sk3tch sticks with his simple 250 :tongue:
Sk3tch@Microsoft.com - Email
- 53 6B 33 74 63 68 34 64@hotmail.com - Messenger
07-22-2004 08:48 AM
ayjay

– / Male / Flag
Of course it's a glitch! Why would they give 2gb when you sign up with explorer but just 250mb with explorer and everything else? Of, by the way, I've done it and I finally have enough space to not have to delete everything every week.
07-22-2004 09:26 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
reisyboy
Elite Member

Messenger Oldie ;-)

35 / Male / –
I wonder how long it will take for them to fix the MSN 7 problem :-/ Probably not long if done already but its probably not worth their while to reduce all the accounts created... but who knows the probably will :)
Reisyboy: He is the priest to guide us from evil.. which isn’t working… so we call him Frier Tuck
07-22-2004 10:04 AM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: