What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Mozilla Firefox: buggy or dynamic? [Poll updated]

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
Poll: What do you think about Firefox' latest releases?
I think its bugkill-releases are a sign of proper growth
It's still a beta and anything can't be objectively judged before final releases
It starts to smell like Internet Explorer... (it's just as buggy) :dodgy:
Despite of the couple bugs it's an awesome browser.
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Mozilla Firefox: buggy or dynamic? [Poll updated]
Author: Message:
Garndell

Welcome to Elvie's World!!!

40 / Male / –
RE: Mozilla Firefox: buggy or dynamic? [Poll updated]
quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
Well, I don't like much the amount of memory it sucks, the time it takes to load (even when restoring it from running in background or minimized) and the load it gets when you open the extensions panel: it freezes a couple of minutes before reacting (Athlon2800+, 256MB, XP/Pro).

There are indeed some things to improve, but all the rest is really good: costumizable, open-source, free, fast, with many good features...

It will be very good when it reaches the final release and it will be able to compete seriously with IE.

Btw, Garndell: the CERT suggested not to use IE and try out alternate browsers that may not be much more safe, but aren't an exploit target right now ([1] [2]...)

As a UK citizen & resident it is wiser to NOT listen to the US.  I don't use IE, I use a browser with IE as it's core.  Both Mozilla & Firefox on it's own still do not meet my requirements.  All the PC's on this network have Linux & Windows, Firefox & Avant.  I am still waiting for the first person to browse the web with Firefox.  16 PC's all with people of various knowledge.
[Image: c2-garndell.jpg]
08-07-2004 12:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
RE: Mozilla Firefox: buggy or dynamic? [Poll updated]
I can't really talk since I use Mozilla suite for my main browser, but I did use Firefox before that so I have some experience. The real reason that a lot of people are still using IE is that it is bundled into the OS, it is relatively simple to use and works with every website. Firefox and other Gecko-based browsers have trouble supporting sites that aren't standarized. I think that Firefox is more feature-rich and more personalizeable with its plugin support. I think that in the long run Firefox will be a replacement for IE, but that that time is still a while off.

PS: I switch to the suite because it has the features I need.
[Image: 7.png]
08-07-2004 02:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: