What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » 3 new plugins

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
3 new plugins
Author: Message:
cooldude_i06

I'm so cool I worry myself.

– / Male / –
RE: 3 new plugins
the anonymous email plugin doesnt work, loads up the default browser with "Page cannot be displayed" error. :(
[Image: clb2.jpg]
07-31-2004 02:12 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Yousef

(previously known as Juzzi)

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: 3 new plugins
are you sure of that? if it still doesn't work post the url that cannot be displayed plz :)
Developer of BuddyFuse: Google Talk, Twitter and Hyves in Windows Live Messenger
Ex-Microsoft intern and Windows Live Developer MVP in 2007 & 2008
07-31-2004 10:20 AM
TGG

32 / Male / –
Each time i try 2 use the anonymail, it comes up saying "The emailaddress < is not a valid emailaddress!"

i tried it with my own email address and it stilll didnt work

anonymail error
07-31-2004 11:22 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Yousef

35 / Male / Flag
ah, I see. the problem is that when you want to send it to your current chatbuddy, the default will only be set when you specify 3 parameters. So if it says default=current chatbuddy
you should delete the whole parameter. Nevermind, I'll make an update that fixes it
edit: and ehm, you should also delete the < at the beginning (msgplus adds it automatically :S)
update will come...

This post was edited on 07-31-2004 at 03:45 PM by Yousef.
Developer of BuddyFuse: Google Talk, Twitter and Hyves in Windows Live Messenger
07-31-2004 03:08 PM
Yousef

35 / Male / Flag
ok, the file is updated :)
now use /xanonymail "from email" "subject" "message" to send a mail to the person you're chatting with
and use /xanonymailto "to email" "from email" "subject" "message" to send a mail to the address specified @ "to email" :)

I hope this works fine (A), let me know if you've got any trouble with it!
you can download it here

This post was edited on 08-01-2004 at 07:31 AM by Yousef.
07-31-2004 08:20 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by noelie
ok, the file is updated :)
now use /xanonymail "from email" "subject" "message" to send a mail to the person you're chatting with
and use /xanonymailto "to email" "from email" "subject" "message" to send a mail to the address specified @ "to email" :)
Tip: You can easly combine those two commands together (and prevent also errors like reported previously and avoid that you can't use quotes):

/xmail  [to:recepients email(s)]  [from:your email(s)]  [cc:mail(s)]  [bcc:mail(s)]  [subject:subject text]  message:message text
[] indicates optional

* "to" is optional. If not specified, then the current contact email is used. Multiple emails can/are seperated by a comma.

* "from" is optional. If not specified, then no from-field is added in the email. Multiple emails can/are seperated by a comma. (note: a from-field is not mandatory in sending emails!)

* "subject" is again optional. If not specified, then no subject-field is added in the email. (note: a subject-field is not mandatory in sending emails!). The only thing that is restricted here is the use of the text "message:", because that indicates the beginning of the actual body of the email. Thus, if specified, this parameter must become before the message-parameter.

* "message" is the only thing that is mandatory and must always be the last parameter.

* "to", "from", "cc" and "bcc" can only contain valid emailaddresses. This means that you can't use spaces in them for example. This makes that you don't need quotes or anything surrounding the parameters. This also makes that the order isn't fixed and can be swapped around by the user.

* You can even add the use of more optional fields like "cc:", "bcc:", etc...

In this way you can have all the possebilities you want and yet have the easiest and most intuative use, all with only 1 command.

quote:
Originally posted by noelie

BTW: I've read some posts about some remote controlling your pc with plus, but didn't see a plugin that made this possible, I could be wrong....
Who would be interested in a plugin that would allow you to: (all commands would require a password)
- shutdown remote pc
- get ip of remote pc (handy for people without static ip)
- remote accept file command (so you wouldn't have to mail files to a web server, but 'chat' a file to your pc :))
- remote plus command sender
- remote msgbox maker (so you could alert other people (like family) using your computer
- other suggestions?
IIRC there is at least one of such a plugin (somewhere on these forums). There are also security issue's here which may not be forgotten to take in account!... Anyways, you should make another thread about this, instead of posting this in this thread, as this is actual off topic here...

(in fact you should've made 3 seperate threads for your three plugins to avoid confussion and cluttering up. Luckaly there are not much problems or suggestions for them)

btw, nice plugins ;)

This post was edited on 08-01-2004 at 06:55 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-01-2004 06:46 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
cooldude_i06

I'm so cool I worry myself.

– / Male / –
wow the annoymous mail works now, sweet plugin (Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)
[Image: clb2.jpg]
08-01-2004 07:23 AM
duol90

I luv the emotitext plugin. (Y)
08-04-2004 04:33 AM
renio

euummm.. what's the point of that emotitext plugin? I can't find any logic in it :s ... what's it good for??
08-05-2004 07:08 AM
Yousef

35 / Male / Flag
lol, you should see a word written with the emoticons, on the first page of this thread is a screenshot where the :D smileys are saying 'hi' :p
08-05-2004 02:40 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: