What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » my d and e drives have gone please help

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
my d and e drives have gone please help
Author: Message:
vincerooney

O.P. RE: my d and e drives have gone please help
ive gone in device manager and clicked on disk drives. i have:

Maxtor 4k040H2

ive then clicked on DVD/CD-Rom drives as well and i have

NEC DVD ROM DV 5800A

Is this my drive D and E respectively?

I've clicked on maxtor and told it to scan for hardware changes. then i do that the D drive reappears in my computer. I then try to scan for changes on the NEC DVD Rom hoping it will come up. But it just makes the D drive disappear.

08-01-2004 03:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
RE: my d and e drives have gone please help
In device manager, open both of those and see if you can "Roll back" the drivers.
08-01-2004 03:57 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
vincerooney

O.P. RE: my d and e drives have gone please help
i cannot see any option to do that so i dont think its possible.
My D Drive now shows me that theres an audio cd in. But i dont know whats wrong with the E drive and the D drive is being very dodgy.

windows xp says both are installed and working perfectly.

my questions are for the world

a) is this the work of w32.gaobot.azt then how do i get rid of it if its done nothing it says it should have done in my registry.
b) is this another virus in which case how do i get rid of it
c) how do i get my drivers back up and running if windows says they are ok.

i noticed them going a bit funny last week then they wouldnt play DVDS but my e drive was working yesterday to allow me to make a CD.

i'm also guessing that my E drive is DVD ROM drive if not then it isnt on the device manager.

any help i would be desperately grateful for

ok the story continues. i tried to scan for hardware changes again and my d drive has disappeared AGAIN. I'm off to bed its 5am i'll continue with this tomorrow.

any advice or ideas would be gratefully appreciates. i'm not confident either with this so any advice would be appreciated if it could be done in step by step form to compensate for my lack of knowledge.

Now they have both magically reappeared this morning. what is going on with my pc i beg to know...

Mod: Please edit your posts, double/triple/quadriple posting isn't allowed on these forums.

This post was edited on 08-01-2004 at 03:32 PM by Johnny_Mac.
08-01-2004 04:03 AM
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
RE: my d and e drives have gone please help
quote:
Originally posted by vincerooney
Now they have both magically reappeared this morning. what is going on with my pc i beg to know...
There is a chance that there was some problem with your BIOS or system files and somehow a few reboots fixed it, this is a rare solution but hopefully might work for you...I know you've done virus checks before, but do one final one just to clear up there is no trojan that is causing this.
Also it is forum rules to edit your posts instead of posting more than one post in a row...please edit your posts...
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
08-01-2004 03:33 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Moo

RE: RE: my d and e drives have gone please help
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
quote:
Originally posted by vincerooney
There is a chance that there was some problem with your BIOS or system files and somehow a few reboots fixed it, this is a rare solution but hopefully might work for you...I know you've done virus checks before, but do one final one just to clear up there is no trojan that is causing this.
Also it is forum rules to edit your posts instead of posting more than one post in a row...please edit your posts...

Rebooting alot of times also fixed my problems when I lost my floppy drive. It is still kinda freeky tho!
08-08-2004 10:27 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: