What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Chat Logging Settings

Chat Logging Settings
Author: Message:
Tom_Tom

O.P. Undecided  Chat Logging Settings
Hey,

I have installed Plus! 3 and have enabled logging, but I have disabled it on the normal MSN messenger so it doesn't create two different ones in different formats!

My problem is I set it to "create a different directory for each file" and set the place as "C:\Convsations". It used to put the text file in that persons own directory e.g. "C:\Conversations\Someone@hotmail.com\July 2004.txt" but since I've reinstalled it, it just puts the text file in the main directory e.g. "C:\Conversations"!

There isn't a setting where you can put each contacts log in a different place, so why isn't it putting them in their separate folders?! I know is shouldn't be the other option "create a directory for each month for every file" because that'd end up with them as "C:\Conversations\May 2004\Someone@hotmail.com.txt"

Any help's appreciated!
08-01-2004 01:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Chat Logging Settings
Main Messenger Window > Plus! > Preferences > Logging > Archiving > Create a different directory for each file, this should make logging go back to your previous preferred state, sorry about the delayed reply...This place seems to have been a little dead today
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
08-01-2004 03:25 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Tom_Tom

O.P. RE: Chat Logging Settings
Hey Anubis,

Thanks for the reply! That's the option I have selected in my preferences...but it's not creating a different directory for each contact, it's just putting all the text files in the root directory I selected!

The directories are already there because a previous install created them....so why doesn't it put them in there instead of what it's doing now?

I'm confused!
08-02-2004 06:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: