What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Messenger Discovery better then Msgplus?

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
Messenger Discovery better then Msgplus?
Author: Message:
lylesback2
Veteran Member

[lylesback2]

38 / Male / –
O.P. Messenger Discovery better then Msgplus?
I was reading a few threads off another forum, and noticed something called "MSN Magazine"  (un-official).

So i was reading threw it, and of cource the writers of this were easily manipulated, into thinking "Messenger Discovery" is better then Messenger Plus!.  Well i beg to differ.  I wanted to show you this site, basically it has alot of features plus! doesn't and im not sure of the compatibility.  So look threw it, and see what you think, but i know by skimming threw it, it won't be a big hit... and is just a bunch of patched in one add-on.

Messenger Discovery
<skanky>lylesback2</lanky>
3 days, 4 hours, 2 minutes, 56 seconds till the end of the world

08-01-2004 11:31 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Discovery better then Msgplus?
i have it i can't even use their shitty little commands lol

!taskbar
!options

they don't work i hid the taskbar now it won't come back and it is a bit sucky. The program says that it works perfectly with plus! and it suggests you use plus aswell as discovery
08-01-2004 11:39 PM
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
:) i think its a great program  you cant really compare them both because they dont do the same thing like plus does funky things inside msn and MD manipulates incoming and outgoing data from msn
they both have good fetures
MD is still a young addon tho it only started a few months ago and it has great potentual

This post was edited on 08-02-2004 at 12:11 AM by -dt-.
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
08-02-2004 12:09 AM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
Tis  a good program, dont doubt it. But it will NEVER be better than Patchou's Messenger Plus  program. I use Messenger Plus for countless reasons, but only use Messenger Discovery for signing in offline....
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
08-02-2004 12:13 AM
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Each to their own, I highly suggest you stop where you are because you'll cause a sort of war between Messenger Plus! users and MessengerDiscovery users (of which, I am both). MsgPlus is one of the best Messenger Add-ons in existance, MessengerDiscovery is too..although it is buggy atm.. just let it slide and don't be pushing what YOU like onto other people.

To each their own.
08-02-2004 12:24 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
lylesback2
Veteran Member

[lylesback2]

38 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Messenger Discovery better then Msgplus?
i was just stating that in MSN Magazine, they say between all add-ons, MD stands out above the rest, and is better then msgplus.  they must know each other thus giving them a better review.  i also say there web site... and has the same base idea that msgplus.net has.  IMO.
<skanky>lylesback2</lanky>
3 days, 4 hours, 2 minutes, 56 seconds till the end of the world

08-02-2004 12:38 AM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
anyone read that MSN:WH mag on mess.be????? that gives MD 80%
08-02-2004 12:41 AM
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
You can't beat the features and experience of Msgplus, but there are some features in MD that, as long as they work as they claim to, are important and should be added into Plus to make it a complete addon. Such as rtf logging, which was requested for years.

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
anyone read that MSN:WH mag on mess.be????? that gives MD 80%
Yeah... that MSN:WH thing was an empty magazine IMO... no much information, not interesting nor useful, thought it can be for some...

BTW is Discovery was Messenger Freedom was going to be?
08-02-2004 03:07 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Sk3tch
Veteran Member

We are Samurai, the keyboard cowboys

38 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Guido
You can't beat the features and experience of Msgplus, but there are some features in MD that, as long as they work as they claim to, are important and should be added into Plus to make it a complete addon. Such as rtf logging, which was requested for years.
My thoughts (Y) and the funny thing is you cant really compare the two because they are different in thier own ways, infact a lot of the glory from MD is from some of its features that dont exist in Plus! :P (For obvious reasons) Others like rtf logging as Guido said would however be nice.
quote:
Yeah... that MSN:WH thing was an empty magazine IMO... no much information, not interesting nor useful, thought it can be for some...
I agree, although it was nice to see something 'new' :)
quote:
BTW is Discovery was Messenger Freedom was going to be?
Nope, MD is being made by someone else: effekt (Matt) i think :)
Sk3tch@Microsoft.com - Email
- 53 6B 33 74 63 68 34 64@hotmail.com - Messenger
08-02-2004 04:13 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
I planned to add RTF logging in Plus! 3 but it was not high in the prority list... I still want to add it, it will be there some day :p.

As for who's the best, I don't want to compare the two programs. The only thing I know about Messenger Discovery so far is that some of its features are similar to Messenger Plus!'s ones and that it detects Plus! to display color in the text it displays. I've always said I make a point not to install any other Messenger plugin to avoid being accused of plagia.

The only thing I know is that so far, mostp lugins that started didn't succeeded simply because their developers abandoned them. Let's hope for MD that it won't be the case. anyway, I'm still busy with my own stuff right now but I still promise you a Plus! 3.10 for soon (August/September). I'm sorry I can't bring you some of the cools features of other plugins but I really don't want to mess up with the protocol, for variosu reasons including stability and legal issues :gfdrin:.

Patchou
[Image: signature2.gif]
08-02-2004 05:00 AM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: