What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (update 14/09)

Pages: (50): « First « 38 39 40 41 [ 42 ] 43 44 45 46 » Last »
8 votes - 4.5 average   File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (update 14/09)
Author: Message:
RgZ

RE: File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (update 10/05)
Hello, I've read all the pages and I think this a great plugin, even though I've yet to try it, it sounds great, but just a little suggestion... or maybe it's just cuz I'm a bit dense, but even though I read all the requirments and read all the pages, I had a friend install it and it did't work, when I went back and read the requirments it was obvious she needed msg plus! I just took it for granted that she had it installed. Any chance you can have TP detect if you have it installed and if not give you the option of installing it or atleast letting you know, during the installation that you need it?
Just a little suggestion.
Thanks and keep up the great work!
RgZ(Y)
05-21-2005 05:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RicarDog

File Transfer Plus developer

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (update 10/05)
@Worf:
I think I've fixed the problem with poligamy for the next release.

@Galaxy:
The problem seems to be your ISP blocking port 8030, or your hardware somehow blocks it even with firewall disabled. If you want, we can test it better to find the exact problem. PM me to add me to your msn.

@tevert:
Ok, I'll consider that for the next version, thanks for the suggestion.

@jusa_98:
That limitation is of MSN Messenger. You can however send any file extension via File Transfer Plus (both parts must have the plugin installed).

@NicolasDalby:
Sometimes it works if you restart MSN twice after installing the plugin. You can also check the help file located in the plugin folder, it has some info about that problem.

@Ezra:
I don't know when proxy will be supported. One of the "advantages" of the Messenger transfer system is that it natively supports proxy and totally firewalled connections, the drawback is the poor transfer performance. I'll have to rethink many things (for instance the open port is fixed, and there are different types of proxies such as HTTP, socks4, socks5). I'll let you know when I have news about this.

@RgZ:
Ok, I'll add that to the next setup release.
Latest File Transfer Plus: 1.1 RELEASE (1.1.14)
In development: 2.0
05-22-2005 06:52 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
pedrazoz

Undecided  RE: File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (update 10/05)
Hi, I have a big problem with this plug-in... It crashes my msn (7.0.0813). The crash happens just when I open any conversation window, the msn closes inmediately, without prompting any error :@. So I have to open my msn again and it don't crash. Could you help me please? Because it's a great plug-in and I don't want to unnistall it!!!!
05-22-2005 04:05 PM
NicolasDalby

@ RicarDog... I tried you suggestions to a solution of my problem... Still doesn't work.

I removed any trace of FT Plus and triede to reinstall it. After it was installed i restarted MSN Messenger twice... Still no FT Plus :(.

And couldn't find any info in the help file that were of any use :S...

I'm about to give up on this plugin :(
05-22-2005 05:00 PM
jusa_98

"The Devil"

44 / Male / –
Shocked  RE: RE: File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (update 10/05)
quote:
Originally posted by pedrazoz
Hi, I have a big problem with this plug-in... It crashes my msn (7.0.0813). The crash happens just when I open any conversation window, the msn closes inmediately, without prompting any error :@. So I have to open my msn again and it don't crash. Could you help me please? Because it's a great plug-in and I don't want to unnistall it!!!!

Make sure you have the following:

- The latest version of MSN Messenger from MSN Messenger Website
- The latest version of the plugin in question

I am aware that an older version of the File Transfer plugin would crash MSN quite often.  I have not had any problems like that with the new plugin version.

Also make sure you have a compatiable PC to support the programs.  Some older PC's tend to have a mind of their own!

I hope this helps, if not please post your problem with more detail.  Report any error-reporting infomration you may also so we can try and determine the problem more clearly.

It could be something as easy as another program interfering with MSN and making it crash.

Which is outside of our power to fix but not outside yours. :)

J
05-23-2005 04:22 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
pedrazoz

I have the last version of MSN (7.0.0813) and the last version of File Transfer Plus (1.1.0.9). My computer is an Asus a7v8x-x, Athlon XP 2000+, 256 ram, geforce 4.... It's not too old.
It doesn't show any error information; It just close msn when I open a conversation window for the first time. Sometimes, I happens more than once. If you have any little program to trace the error source, tell me about.
I have running the gmail notifier, avg antivirus, and nothing else.... Please help me... Thanks for everything.

This post was edited on 05-23-2005 at 04:30 AM by pedrazoz.
05-23-2005 04:29 AM
jusa_98

"The Devil"

44 / Male / –
RE: RE: File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (update 10/05)
quote:
Originally posted by pedrazoz
I have the last version of MSN (7.0.0813) and the last version of File Transfer Plus (1.1.0.9). My computer is an Asus a7v8x-x, Athlon XP 2000+, 256 ram, geforce 4.... It's not too old.
It doesn't show any error information; It just close msn when I open a conversation window for the first time. Sometimes, I happens more than once. If you have any little program to trace the error source, tell me about.
I have running the gmail notifier, avg antivirus, and nothing else.... Please help me... Thanks for everything.

I suggest you do this, I know this maybe annoying but it could solve your problem and should take no more than about 30 minutes to complete depending on your Internet Connection.  (Sometimes much faster)

- Close all Programs off, including MSN Messenger and go to your Desktop
- Click on "My Computer"
- Go to "Control Panel" (you can achieve this area by "Start" menu also)
- Click of "Add/Remove Programs"
- Locate/Find MSN Messenger and click it and "Uninstall it"
- Follow the on-screen prompts.

Once completed I suggest you reboot/restart your computer...

- Than once your back online visit http://messenger.msn.com/ and download the latest version of MSN Messenger.  Do NOT save the file to your computer, click "Open" when prompted, not "Save"... OPEN/OPEN/OPEN!!!!! :)
- Wait for the file to download, be patient.  :P
- Install the Program once compltered
- Follow the on-screen prompts.

I always suggest you reboot/restart your computer on new installs before using. 

- Once your back online again download the plugin in question from the website.  Do not use a file you may of previously downloaded, download a fresh new copy.  If you have a copy on your PC just delete it before downloading again.

Sometimes your PC will recognize the file and if you try and download it again it will look like it downloaded the file but infact only just use the other copy.  So delete before downloading. 

- Again once the plugin is installed reboot/restart your computer. 

Now try. :)

If that fails let us know what happens.  If it continues to crash I suggest you try running one of these programs, or all.

"Registry Mechanic"
"SpySubtract"
"Spybot Search and Destroy"

I use all. :)    I run each after the next one is complete.  Solves alot of problems.

J
05-23-2005 04:53 AM
RgZ

Hello jusa_98, isn't he supposed to also have messenger plus! installed?
05-23-2005 04:17 PM
jusa_98

"The Devil"

44 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by RgZ
Hello jusa_98, isn't he supposed to also have messenger plus! installed?

Yup your right.  :o)  Silly me.. I left out the most important bit.  Okay you download MSN Messenger than Plus! than the plugin in that order.  Let us know how you go!

J
05-24-2005 07:35 AM
Worf

quote:
Originally posted by RicarDog
@Worf:
I think I've fixed the problem with poligamy for the next release.

:) Thanks, do u have an idea when this release will be? I wil just check back here now and again to see. Thanks again for fixing the prob (Y)
05-24-2005 04:31 PM
Pages: (50): « First « 38 39 40 41 [ 42 ] 43 44 45 46 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: