What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (update 14/09)

Pages: (50): « First « 28 29 30 31 [ 32 ] 33 34 35 36 » Last »
8 votes - 4.5 average   File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (update 14/09)
Author: Message:
aolei

RE: File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (updated)
Hi I've been using this great Plug-in since ver.1.0
today I downloaded the latest version 1.1RE and having problem
I checked all 'troubleshoots in Help written' ,found no prob.
but it still doesn't work,I receive the error messeges following,when I try to configure this.

vbAccelerator SGrid II Control ----error '0'
then,
File Transfer Plus -----out of index? '9'

can't write them down correctly cause I'm using japanese
windows(and all softwares including Messenger,Plus!),
receiving dialog boxes written in japanese.

anyone has good idea to fix it? i had no prob in Ver.1.1Beta
Thanks in advance.
01-31-2005 04:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
totalvamp

i've downloaded the first plugin, this worked fine but the new version gives me the error that it can't be loaded i have the newest msn 7 and the right Messenger Plus for this, but it doesnt seem to work like the first 1
02-02-2005 07:26 PM
Leif

81 / Male / –
Just updated. Dragged a file to my pal's convo window. No go! It just killed Messenger for me. What's up?
02-02-2005 07:51 PM
Hoca

Hi peeps

Well my first taster of this plugin was version 1.1.04, and I've got to say I loved it!!

Got my contacts to install it and it made sending files via MSN Messenger between us a breeze!! (for once!!) :)

I was really looking forward to the next release and whatever goodies it had to offer, but un-fortunately I wish the new version had never happened!! :(

Coinciding with the release of the 1.1.06 version I now find my 1.1.04 versions won't work any more? (all my contacts have kept the older version too) so am I correct in thinking you've nobbled the old version coz you want everyone to upgrade to the new release?

I wouldn't have minded updating but I DON'T WANT WINDOWS MESSENGER INSTALLED ON MY PC!!! and frankly I feel I can say with confidence I'm not the only person to feel this way.

Whilst I fully appreciate your programming efforts, and the months of care free file transfers you've helped on their way, I really think you should both give people a choice as to whether they want to upgrade, and think long and hard about making it compulsory to have a piece of crap like Windows Messenger installed on their PC?!?!

Thanks...
02-03-2005 03:29 AM
user13774
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Hoca
Got my contacts to install it and it made sending files via MSN Messenger between us a breeze!! (for once!!)

I was really looking forward to the next release and whatever goodies it had to offer, but un-fortunately I wish the new version had never happened!!

Coinciding with the release of the 1.1.06 version I now find my 1.1.04 versions won't work any more? (all my contacts have kept the older version too) so am I correct in thinking you've nobbled the old version coz you want everyone to upgrade to the new release?

I wouldn't have minded updating but I DON'T WANT WINDOWS MESSENGER INSTALLED ON MY PC!!! and frankly I feel I can say with confidence I'm not the only person to feel this way.

Whilst I fully appreciate your programming efforts, and the months of care free file transfers you've helped on their way, I really think you should both give people a choice as to whether they want to upgrade, and think long and hard about making it compulsory to have a piece of crap like Windows Messenger installed on their PC?!?!

Actually I must agree on what Hoca says. It's exactly the same reason why I didn't update. I'm still using 1.0 Release. (Hoca, if you want 1.0, you can get it here). My contacts who use FT+ also don't want to reinstall Windows Messenger (cuz most of them removed it, just like I did).

This post was edited on 02-03-2005 at 08:21 AM by user13774.
02-03-2005 08:20 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Markus
My contacts who use FT+ also don't want to reinstall Windows Messenger (cuz most of them removed it, just like I did).

Why did you remove Windows Messenger? It's needed for lots of things inside Messenger...and it's a good IM all by it's self. :^)
AC3
02-03-2005 08:23 AM
RicarDog

File Transfer Plus developer

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (updated)
quote:
Originally posted by aolei
Hi I've been using this great Plug-in since ver.1.0
today I downloaded the latest version 1.1RE and having problem
I checked all 'troubleshoots in Help written' ,found no prob.
but it still doesn't work,I receive the error messeges following,when I try to configure this.

vbAccelerator SGrid II Control ----error '0'
then,
File Transfer Plus -----out of index? '9'

can't write them down correctly cause I'm using japanese
windows(and all softwares including Messenger,Plus!),
receiving dialog boxes written in japanese.

anyone has good idea to fix it? i had no prob in Ver.1.1Beta
Thanks in advance.
This is a known problem and I'm trying to fix it. There is a workaround: Go to Control Panel, Regional and Language Options, Languages. Click on Details button. Add English as a new input language and set it as default when you want to edit File Transfer Plus options.
quote:
Originally posted by totalvamp

i've downloaded the first plugin, this worked fine but the new version gives me the error that it can't be loaded i have the newest msn 7 and the right Messenger Plus for this, but it doesnt seem to work like the first 1
Could you tell me exactly what error you get?
quote:
Originally posted by Leif
Just updated. Dragged a file to my pal's convo window. No go! It just killed Messenger for me. What's up?
What MSN and Plus versions do you have? I suppose this only happens when "catch events" is enabled?
quote:
Originally posted by Hoca

Version 1.1 RELEASE replaces 1.1 BETA when you install it, but of course you may keep 1.1 BETA if you want (just cancel the Updater when it appears). You can also uninstall 1.1. RELEASE and install 1.1 BETA if needed. Could you specify the problem exactly?
quote:
Messenger API is needed for requested features such as auto-accept. Microsoft kept the API on Windows Messenger (since it's supposed to be on every computer), so even some MSN Messenger features need it (and other Plus plugins too). You don't have to run it at all, you just need the msmsgs.exe under Program Files\Messenger folder. That exe will run on background so you'll not notice it. Please read this thread for more details: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=26...d=258821#pid258821

Anyway, I'll try to make File Transfer Plus run in a "lite" mode when Windows Messenger is not installed, without the features that require Messenger API.

This post was edited on 02-03-2005 at 05:28 PM by RicarDog.
Latest File Transfer Plus: 1.1 RELEASE (1.1.14)
In development: 2.0
02-03-2005 05:25 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Leif

81 / Male / –
Operativsystem: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger: 7.0.0425
Messenger Plus!: 3.40.0112

And yeah, when "catch events" is enabled.
02-03-2005 05:35 PM
user13774
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by RicarDog
Messenger API is needed for requested features such as auto-accept. Microsoft kept the API on Windows Messenger (since it's supposed to be on every computer), so even some MSN Messenger features need it (and other Plus plugins too). You don't have to run it at all, you just need the msmsgs.exe under Program Files\Messenger folder. That exe will run on background so you'll not notice it. Please read this thread for more details: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=26...d=258821#pid258821

Anyway, I'll try to make File Transfer Plus run in a "lite" mode when Windows Messenger is not installed, without the features that require Messenger API.

Hmm.. well I still have the Program Files\Messenger folder including the exe file :happy:. If the msmsgs.exe file is running in the background, does it show the Windows Messenger icon in the system tray?
02-03-2005 07:26 PM
Hoca

First off, many thanks to Markus for pointing me towards the old version 1.0 of Transfer Plus!! :)  Not installed it yet, but I will later.

Now to RicarDog, thanks for replying to my post.  My problem started when the new version of TP was released a few days ago, I received the automated message informing me there was now a new version, so I figured I'd update?

During the update I don't recall reading anything that pointed to the fact that I'd need Windows Messenger installed on my PC? if so I wouldn't have installed it, did I miss something here?

Once MSN Messenger  was restarted I then got the pop-up telling me the Transfer Plus Plugin couldn't run due to the absence of Windows Messenger?!?

I un-installed TP 1.1.06, and re-installed version 1.1.04 Beta, but now find the Transfer never works, if I try to send a file, the other person gets the text info in their MSN Messenger chat window as if a transfer is about to take place, along with the Windows "Chord" sound (indicating a problem?) at my side the Transfer window that opens is just left with "Awaiting connection..." message, and it goes no further?!

My understanding is that the Messenger system built in to XP and Windows Messenger are separate entities? (although obviously Windows Messenger uses the Messenger System to do it's stuff?)

I found having Removed Windows Messenger I no longer received Messenger spam via the Net.   I have MSN Messenger running on my PC all the time, yet no longer receive Messenger Spam, so I've no intention of putting Windows Messenger back on my Puter!!

(I used xp-AntiSpy, not just Add/Remove Programs which only seems to remove the short-cut for this app? further more, xp-AntiSpy shows the removal of Windows Messenger and the Messaging System as two separate processes?)

I can't say I've found ANY part of MSN Messenger that won't work due to the absence of Windows Messenger on my system?

I look forward to a Transfer Plus "Lite" that will run without Windows Messenger!! Hope it comes soon!! :D

Thanks for your input, and any comments you have on my current 1.1.04 having fallen over?!?!

(On a separate note, I know someone accessing the net through a router, we've never been able to get TP running on their system, what would they have to do to get things working? with the default TCP port range between 8030 and 8040, would they have to open all ports between these figures on their router to get TP to work?)

Win XP Pro SP1
MSN Messenger Beta 7.0.0425
Messenger Plus! Beta 3.40.112
Transfer Plus v1.1.04 Beta

This post was edited on 02-03-2005 at 11:54 PM by Hoca.
02-03-2005 11:02 PM
Pages: (50): « First « 28 29 30 31 [ 32 ] 33 34 35 36 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: