What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (update 14/09)

Pages: (50): « First « 29 30 31 32 [ 33 ] 34 35 36 37 » Last »
8 votes - 4.5 average   File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (update 14/09)
Author: Message:
aolei

Sad  RE: RE: File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (updated)
quote:
Originally posted by RicarDog
This is a known problem and I'm trying to fix it. There is a workaround: Go to Control Panel, Regional and Language Options, Languages. Click on Details button. Add English as a new input language and set it as default when you want to edit File Transfer Plus options.

Thank you for reply.I tried your method and  it doesn't go.+o(
but I found the correctly way to fix this problem by your hint!
control panel,Regional and Language Options,"Details".
There is a explain like ....Selection of language that doesn't unicode-corresponded(don't know how it's exactly written in English).
Mine was Japanese selected,I set it to English.That worked!

But this setting influences all other applications using Japanese.
all Japanese messeges changes into like "?????"  :|
In Addition I must reboot Windows everytime I change this language setting.(and if I changed the setting back to "Japanese",I never can use FTplus(not only the configure but also its programm)
In a word,I must keep my language option set in English to use this Plug-in.

Ricar I know it's like troublesome for you to correspond various languages,but please don't forget that your users are all over the world !!
thanks again.

This post was edited on 02-05-2005 at 06:14 AM by aolei.
02-05-2005 06:04 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RicarDog

File Transfer Plus developer

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (updated)
quote:
Originally posted by Markus

Hmm.. well I still have the Program Files\Messenger folder including the exe file :happy:. If the msmsgs.exe file is running in the background, does it show the Windows Messenger icon in the system tray?
No, it will not appear in system tray (just in the Processes list of Task Manager).
quote:
Originally posted by Hoca

I un-installed TP 1.1.06, and re-installed version 1.1.04 Beta, but now find the Transfer never works, if I try to send a file, the other person gets the text info in their MSN Messenger chat window as if a transfer is about to take place, along with the Windows "Chord" sound (indicating a problem?) at my side the Transfer window that opens is just left with "Awaiting connection..." message, and it goes no further?!

That's strange, I've uninstalled 1.1.06 and installed 1.1.04 several times and it works fine :s Maybe it's just a problem in your Connection settings, since the status stays at "Awaiting connection".
quote:

My understanding is that the Messenger system built in to XP and Windows Messenger are separate entities? (although obviously Windows Messenger uses the Messenger System to do it's stuff?)

I found having Removed Windows Messenger I no longer received Messenger spam via the Net.   I have MSN Messenger running on my PC all the time, yet no longer receive Messenger Spam, so I've no intention of putting Windows Messenger back on my Puter!!

(I used xp-AntiSpy, not just Add/Remove Programs which only seems to remove the short-cut for this app? further more, xp-AntiSpy shows the removal of Windows Messenger and the Messaging System as two separate processes?)

I can't say I've found ANY part of MSN Messenger that won't work due to the absence of Windows Messenger on my system?
There is a little confusion here: the Messenger service is not related in any way to Windows Messenger, they just have a similar name. I think you need Windows Messenger in order to use whiteboard and application sharing in MSN Messenger. I ask you again to read the whole post by CookieRevised, http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=26...d=258821#pid258821, since it explains everything about Messenger service and Windows Messenger (including how to remove Windows Messenger without causing problems to plugins).
quote:

(On a separate note, I know someone accessing the net through a router, we've never been able to get TP running on their system, what would they have to do to get things working? with the default TCP port range between 8030 and 8040, would they have to open all ports between these figures on their router to get TP to work?)

He may have to use "passive mode" in order to send files. A best approach would be opening at least port 8030 (but opening all range is recommended) for inbound TCP, and let Transfer Plus have outgoing traffic to any port. There is a full explanation about this under Troubleshooting section of help (in 1.1.06).
quote:
Originally posted by aolei
Thank you for reply.I tried your method and  it doesn't go.+o(
but I found the correctly way to fix this problem by your hint!
control panel,Regional and Language Options,"Details".
There is a explain like ....Selection of language that doesn't unicode-corresponded(don't know how it's exactly written in English).
Mine was Japanese selected,I set it to English.That worked!
Thanks for letting me know about it. I got that workaround from another user which has the same problem. However I dont have Japanese language installed, so I couldnt test it. I am trying to find the cause of the problem to see if I can get it fixed.
Latest File Transfer Plus: 1.1 RELEASE (1.1.14)
In development: 2.0
02-05-2005 06:24 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Hoca

RE: File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (updated)
Once again RicarDog, thanks for getting back to me.

I should have may be said that nothing "useful" was disabled from MSN Messenger by pruning Windows Messenger ;)  but I except your point.

Though can you imagine trying to explain to an un-savvy puter peep, how to follow the guide you point to on...

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=26...d=258821#pid258821

I've found it can be difficult to get some peeps to just un-tick the correct box using xp-AntiSpy to rip out WM at the roots?!?! :D

I can't understand why 1.1.04 has ground to a halt? just a thought, but would it have been possible for me to send a file to someone if they still had Windows Messenger on their puter, keeping in mind I didn't have it at my side?

Anyhoo, I've now installed TP v1.0 and that works a treat!!  The only thing missing is an ability to encrypt the IP address, other than that I'd be completely happy with that :)

Hope your "Lite" version isn't too far away, thanks for your help!

Cheers

PS. On the subject of the router problem, I told them to try ticking "passive mode" which they said they had done, but still no joy :(  So I'll see about getting the ports opened on the router see if that helps?
02-06-2005 05:58 AM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
a feature for the next version:

"Request from @hotmail.com to @hotmail.com for File Transfer Plus..."

I think this should be either hidden or made customizable...That way your contact doesnt go

huh? wtf is that? are you trying to hack my pc?? Im blocking!!
then blocks you

Anyone also with my idea?

This post was edited on 02-10-2005 at 09:22 PM by riahc4.
02-08-2005 09:43 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Phazeus

A question here:
Whenever I start msn messenger with file transfer plus most recent version, windows messenger will start along with it. Now, I have disabled windows messenger according to the proper method shown on the forums by cookierevised. I am wondering if this is a limitation of file transfer plus, or did I accidentally miss a step when hiding windows messenger.
02-09-2005 06:38 PM
ZeRaW

hello, i tried everyth.
I have windows messenger installed and it usually runs perfectly and now i instaleld the plugin but it always says that windows messenger is not instaleld correctly!
i dt have the 5.0 version and i got the VB6 runtime components :S

This post was edited on 02-10-2005 at 03:16 PM by ZeRaW.
02-10-2005 11:19 AM
Phazeus

sorry for the bump, but anyone care to help?

This post was edited on 02-11-2005 at 01:36 PM by Phazeus.
02-11-2005 01:36 PM
RicarDog

File Transfer Plus developer

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (updated)
I think I've managed to make File Transfer Plus work even without Windows Messenger installed. I'm testing it to see if everything works fine.

quote:
Originally posted by Phazeus
A question here:
Whenever I start msn messenger with file transfer plus most recent version, windows messenger will start along with it. Now, I have disabled windows messenger according to the proper method shown on the forums by cookierevised. I am wondering if this is a limitation of file transfer plus, or did I accidentally miss a step when hiding windows messenger.
It should not start automatically if you did all steps correctly. Maybe it's a setting you've missed?
Latest File Transfer Plus: 1.1 RELEASE (1.1.14)
In development: 2.0
02-12-2005 01:54 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Phazeus

I redid all the steps again, and nope it still didnt work :(
02-12-2005 06:30 PM
Hoca

quote: Originally posted by RicarDog

YIPPEE!!! does this mean we're not too far away from a new fully un-shackled File Transfer Plus beta?!? :D

quote: Originally posted by Phazeus

One bug I found when trying to un-install v1.1 is after un-installing, only the entry for TP in Add/Remove Progs and details of the Plugin in Messenger Plus! were removed, all the essential files for it were left in the Plugin folder, so each time I tried to re-install TP wouldn't run the setup wizard, coz it had retained all the old settings from the previous install?

Could something like this have happened for you?

Alternatively, migrate back to the old version 1.0 of TP? or just wait for the new release that won't need Windows Messenger, and rip that sucker out by the roots!! :D

This post was edited on 02-13-2005 at 06:31 AM by Hoca.
02-13-2005 06:31 AM
Pages: (50): « First « 29 30 31 32 [ 33 ] 34 35 36 37 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: