What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (update 14/09)

Pages: (50): « First « 32 33 34 35 [ 36 ] 37 38 39 40 » Last »
8 votes - 4.5 average   File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (update 14/09)
Author: Message:
Hoca

RE: File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (update 15/02)
Simple, coz v1.0.02 is the only build I've used which can be used completely independent from Window Messenger :)

I know v1.0 is basic, and I'd much rather be using the latest v1.1.07 build, but I don't want Windows Messenger loaded on my puter! simple as that! and thus far, the only build that can fit this criteria is v1.0

How come you felt this latest build would function without WM?  Have you tried it on a machine that doesn't have WM installed (I mean completely removed! my tool of choice is xp-AntiSpy, it ripps WM out at the roots and leaves no chance of it creeping back in to your OS!! :D )

I'd been really looking forward to this latest build, Hope you can help out in someway?

PS.  Don't mean to have a go at you over this, I'm grateful for the work you've done on this plugin, just hope you can conjure something up that can work independently of WM, if version 1.0 can do it, then hopefully it's do-able?

This post was edited on 02-18-2005 at 05:04 AM by Hoca.
02-18-2005 04:30 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
aolei

Thanks for fixing the problem of eastern Unicode systems.
As you expected,we Japanese user also could configure the settings.

But now we have another serious problem that didnt exist before.+o(
When I try to send the file named by Japanese letters,the recipient receives the error messege like 'exceptional file name' and he can't accept the file.
If I rename the file to totally alphabetical,we have no problems.

In the pop-up window of FTPlus,Japanese file names are sometimes garbled.Yes,such garbling happend since Ver.1.0,
but the file itself could be sent with no problem(surely accepted file's name were also correct).

I think these problem is related to the Unicode support for displaying foreign nicknames and file names in 1.1.0.5.
Personally I don't care if the file names are garbled,as long as I can send the files.
I and my friends are using Windows XP(don't know if these informations are useful.)

Thanks again for trying to fix the eastern Unicode problems.
02-19-2005 08:36 AM
RicarDog

File Transfer Plus developer

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (update 15/02)
Hoca, I'm not able to reproduce the problem you have. Probably it's a firewall setting or something like that. I've sent you a PM with my MSN so we cant test.

aolei, I think that will be fixed in a future release. Some internal functions do not accept Unicode characters so I'll have to rewrite them.
Latest File Transfer Plus: 1.1 RELEASE (1.1.14)
In development: 2.0
02-19-2005 07:09 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Hoca

With RicarDog's assistance I finally got the latest 1.1.07 to work on my puter.

Seems all my problems stemmed from Norton 2005 Firewall not liking the new build? (not sure if this is an oddity of my puter or a bug with Norton's Firewall?)

It found the plugin automatically, and I granted access to the net, but no go? or I should say partial go?!?!  sometimes go, sometimes not depending on certain conditions?

The thing that seemed to finally fix things for me was to manually create a rule for full TCP in/outbound traffic.  Just odd I've never needed to do this for version 1.0 of Transfer Plus? or any other app either?

So if any others are struggling to get Transfer Plus to work, check your Firewall settings carefully?

Must say now it's working fully, it's nice to be able to use the latest build, and 1.1.07 does definitely work without Windows Messenger!! (which is nice! :) )

Thanks for a great plugin RicarDog!! :D
02-23-2005 01:01 AM
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
I found that the latest version of File Transfer Plus breakes my MSN. When I install it, MSN opens back up. And freezes. Plus! doesn't load with it and MSN stops. I have to kill it to bring it back. The only way I found to stop this from happening is to uninstall File Transfer Plus. I don't want to do that! :(

I have the latest MSN 6 version and the latest non-beta Plus!. Running on XP sp1.
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
03-11-2005 04:07 PM
Fenix-TX

When you install File Transfer Plus, then reinstall Messenger Plus!, i did that and it works fine.
03-11-2005 05:02 PM
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
I'll try that thanks!
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
03-13-2005 12:21 PM
Dae

I cant get this plugin to work at all. i don't even get the file dialog to popup when i try either the /xsendfile cmd or drag and drop. all it does is send the /xsendfile cmd to the window and nothing happens..

using
windows xp pro sp2
msn messenger 7.0.0604 beta
msgplus 3.40.112 beta
FTP+ 1.1
03-13-2005 09:05 PM
Caboose

35 / Male / –
The commands in Messenger Plus! don't work for MSN Messenger 7.0.0604 and above. You have to wait until Wednesday for the final release of Messenger Plus! 3.50 for full compatibility

This post was edited on 03-13-2005 at 09:13 PM by Caboose.
03-13-2005 09:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Dae

great thanks. thought i was insane as noone had the same problem i had :P

This post was edited on 03-13-2005 at 09:35 PM by Dae.
03-13-2005 09:12 PM
Pages: (50): « First « 32 33 34 35 [ 36 ] 37 38 39 40 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: