What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Photoshop or Paintshop

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Poll: What should I download?
Photoshop
Paintshop
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Photoshop or Paintshop
Author: Message:
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
RE: Photoshop or Paintshop
I've heard that it's not bad. I also recommend Macromedia Fireworks.l
[Image: 7.png]
08-07-2004 03:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

I have the full version of Photoshop 7.0, Paintshop Pro and Macromedia Fireworks installed on my PC, I love to use photoshop, Paintshop Pro isn't that user-friendly. Go for Photoshop ;)

This post was edited on 08-09-2004 at 01:35 AM by user27089.
08-09-2004 01:34 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
PSP and PS are both similar products, although both are also quite different and can't be compared as such! PSP is good in things that PS can't do. And vice versa. If you want absolute power, use both...

PSP is good for fast, small graphics (the ones you often need for the web!!). Also it is tons better then PS, when it comes to handling various image formats and all their properties; you have much much more control in PSP then in PS...

PS is the best in big design graphics, for prints, publishing, etc... There is nothing (much) that can beat it in that. Also, it has better support for the different color-systems (CYMK, etc), because of it's design/publishing nature. (but unless you are a publisher or a professional designer, you wont have much use of it)...

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Paintshop Pro isn't that user-friendly
PSP is VERY user friendly, even more then PS... The interface is much easier to use. Since both programs are different, they both have different interfaces. The interface of PSP is much more intuitive and similar to other graphic programs. The interface from PS is much more difficult to learn and different then other graphics programs, but once you know where everything is and how the system works, it's also easy of course...

All this said, as I both use PSP and PS regulary without using one program more then the other and thus being used to one program more then the other...

This post was edited on 08-09-2004 at 06:02 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-09-2004 05:54 PM
BluexDreams

o.O

35 / Female / Flag
I prefere Photoshop! It's way much easier to use and understand. And everything is organized. Even thoug Paintshop might have some features Photoshop doesn't have.
08-10-2004 01:18 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by BluexDreams
I prefere Photoshop! It's way much easier to use and understand. And everything is organized.
Well, my point is that every program is organized and easy once you know it. But if you don't have any experience with a graphics program then fact is that PSP is much easier to learn because it isn't such a complex program (which can also be negative point for advanced users of course) and the menu's are much more intuitive: everything that can done with colors/palettes is in "colors", everything that can be done with layers, is in "layers", everything that can be done to add effects is in "effects", etc.. It can't be easier then that. While in PS, to do some things you need to dig deep into menu's or sometimes look in places where you don't expect to be something.

But if you're used to PS, then yes, it's menu's are easy to follow and they seem logic. Just as the menu's from PSP seem logic if you're used to that...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-10-2004 02:30 PM
BluexDreams

o.O

35 / Female / Flag
RE: RE: Photoshop or Paintshop
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by BluexDreams
I prefere Photoshop! It's way much easier to use and understand. And everything is organized.
Well, my point is that every program is organized and easy once you know it. But if you don't have any experience with a graphics program then fact is that PSP is much easier to learn because it isn't such a complex program

For some reason it was the other way around with me. Im not that good with graphics, i had Photoshop before Paintshop. I found it easy to control and everything. But when i got Paintshop, the screen colour makes it distractful, i found it hard to do stuff with the images.

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
But if you're used to PS, then yes, it's menu's are easy to follow and they seem logic. Just as the menu's from PSP seem logic if you're used to that

Maybe that's the reason " not starting with PSP " as a lot of people who started with graphics did, made PSP looks harder to understand rather than PS.
08-11-2004 07:33 AM
DJeX
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Paint Shop Pro (Y), Very easy and looks good. Photo Shop (N) to hard, more for pro's.
[Image: top.gif]
08-11-2004 07:39 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: