What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Custom emoticons don't work

Custom emoticons don't work
Author: Message:
SexyTiger

O.P. Huh?  Custom emoticons don't work
I added too much custom emoticons and now MSN messenger doe's not show them. When I click "my custom emoticons" a error message appears saying that I need to create new ones and the list is empty. But with msgplus emoticons panel, the old custom emoticons appear, but the are only shown as text. And yesterday I instaled smileycentral, and even thoses emoticons are only shown as text. I've already reinstaled MSN but the problem remains :( Can anyone help me please?
08-17-2004 09:39 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Custom emoticons don't work
It sounds that some file may have got corrupt. You can try the following procedure to remove all Custom Emoticons related things.

Go to the folder C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\number, with Username being your Windows username and number the number that symbolises your email address. If there is more than one folder, use this program to find out which number is correct. Open the attached program, enter your email address and you'll find out easily :)

Open that numbered folder and delete the folder called CustomEmoticons. Reboot and add your custom emoticons again; your problem should be fixed :)
08-17-2004 09:48 AM
SexyTiger

O.P. RE: Custom emoticons don't work
thanks :) that fixed the problem, but smileycentral icons are still shown as text only :( Any ideia to fix the problem?
08-17-2004 10:05 AM
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Custom emoticons don't work
There are known compatibility issues with SmileyCentral and Messenger Plus!. This might be causing your problem.

Also, I don't really understand where they are shown as text only.
08-17-2004 10:25 AM
SexyTiger

When I click the icon, it enters the text in the textbox, than I click on "send", an emoticon is suposed to appear instead of the text, but no, the text isn's replaced by the emoticon. In their site they say I must reboot my computer, but I already did :( Looks like I can't use smileycentral.

Thanks for everything :)
08-17-2004 10:36 AM
SexyTiger

FIxed the problem :) it was infopen that was interfering with it
08-17-2004 10:40 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend