What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » email link not working

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
email link not working
Author: Message:
dragoness27

O.P. Huh?  email link not working
i've had plus! for a few weeks now, but this just started happening a couple of days ago...
when i try to click on the link to go to my email (the one that says x new messages) it doesn't work!  it still looks like a link, but it won't go to my email or even open up a window.  nothing happens when i click on the icon in the task bar and go to 'email inbox' there either. 
i have no clue what's going on and it's kind of a hassle b/c i have to open up hotmail and go through that way...
any ideas?
thx,
v
08-21-2004 05:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
RE: email link not working
Try this: In the preferences of plus (menu Plus > preferences) go to POP3 mail and disable it.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
08-21-2004 10:46 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
dragoness27

O.P. RE: email link not working
it is disabled already... :(
08-21-2004 03:43 PM
Blade!

RE: RE: email link not working
quote:
Originally posted by dragoness27
i've had plus! for a few weeks now, but this just started happening a couple of days ago...
when i try to click on the link to go to my email (the one that says x new messages) it doesn't work!  it still looks like a link, but it won't go to my email or even open up a window.  nothing happens when i click on the icon in the task bar and go to 'email inbox' there either. 
i have no clue what's going on and it's kind of a hassle b/c i have to open up hotmail and go through that way...
any ideas?
thx,

I have the same problem too and it pisses me really off. I dont want to re-install WindowsXP though. Don't know is this bug (or wahtever it is) Windows/MSN Messenger, or MsgPlus! related? This email link thingie is pretty usable, 'cos it easy to use and it reports incoming mails automatically.

Re-installing MsgPlus or MSN Messenger does not eliminate the problem.
Please help somebody...

BTW: i have removed Windows Messenger.

This post was edited on 08-24-2004 at 12:09 AM by Blade!.
08-24-2004 12:06 AM
jren207

JR! - We <3 Fanta

34 / Male / –
It happened to me but I just restarted my MSN and it was ok. Have you installed anythin else like messenger discovery?
08-24-2004 01:45 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
dragoness27

O.P. Grin  RE: email link not working
oddly enough, just yesterday i tried the link again and... IT'S WORKING!  the only thing i've done since the problem started was to clean out adware/spyware... maybe there was something there screwing it all up.  good luck blade!
08-24-2004 02:53 AM
Blade!

quote:
Originally posted by dragoness27
oddly enough, just yesterday i tried the link again and... IT'S WORKING!  the only thing i've done since the problem started was to clean out adware/spyware... maybe there was something there screwing it all up.  good luck blade!

What adware remover you are using? Maybe that helps me to get rid of this disease too.
08-24-2004 03:22 AM
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
When i had this problem i just ended the iexplorer.exe(or your browser) and then it opened up fine. But yeah...adware/spyware could have done something to my browser then too :undecided:
08-24-2004 03:54 AM
Blade!

RE: RE: RE: email link not working
Wery weird, email link is working now...didn't have to do anything special, i just rebooted my crappy PC.
Long time a go, that woudn't help at all it was just jammed. Thanks for help anyway...
08-24-2004 01:03 PM
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
What browser are you using? Any plugins or other add-ons? A friend of mine is having trouble sometimes too.
[Image: userbar452797dd.gif]
08-24-2004 01:41 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: