What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » removing Status "Online-Away, etc" from the contact list as the status icon shows it

Poll: Do you think this should be created
Agree
Disagree
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
removing Status "Online-Away, etc" from the contact list as the status icon shows it
Author: Message:
tiwer1

O.P. Huh?  removing Status "Online-Away, etc" from the contact list as the status icon shows it
I think it would be a good idea for a plugin or the Plus! to have an option to remove the status message next to the nick that displays "online/away/busy, etc." Offline could probably stay, but make an option for each if possible, or to completely remove it, because the status icon next to the nickname changes to display the status of the contact automatically, and there are popups for status changes also.

it could also have an option for removing the text that says
"Everyone in this group is offline" when sorted as groups

This post was edited on 08-24-2004 at 09:43 PM by WDZ.
08-24-2004 09:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: removing Status "Online-Away, etc" from the contact list as the status icon shows
I disagree...

1) The icons do NOT show the current status of the person:
"brb", "away", "lunch" show the same icon
"busy", "telephone" show the same icon

2) Also, what about custom statusses? If the status isn't shown then custom statusses can't be shown also... (I know you suggested it to be an option, but still...)

3) If something is going to change/needs to be changed, then the only thing I can think of is:
* replace the "blocked" status with the real status; as you can't see (without looking in the eventlog) if the user is online, busy, away, etc. while he is blocked....

PS: double posting isn't allowed
PSS: Welcome :D

This post was edited on 08-24-2004 at 09:27 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-24-2004 09:26 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
RE: removing Status "Online-Away, etc" from the contact list as the status icon shows it
Wow Cookie Revised Disagreed :-D... *faints* yay i also disagreed but i was the first one :-D you were second!! and this plugin isnt needed.. i can live without it
08-24-2004 09:37 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: