What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » New plugin suggestion !

New plugin suggestion !
Author: Message:
tamagotchi

O.P. Tongue  New plugin suggestion !
Hi,

As many people, I use messenger at home and at work. Since I don't want to have a different MSN account for each (to not disturb my friends with twice the same buddy in their buddy list), I wondering having a "Location" function, which may store my nickname locally instead on MSN server (or change it automatically when I open messenger on one of my two pc's) e.g. John @home, and John @work, and the possibility to ignore or block some people depending on where I am (@work, only my colleagues and some special friends, or something like this).

The plugin could apply a local settings file at messenger load, with nickname, allowed/blocked buddies list, and maybe other settings.

I will even try to develop it, if I manage to understand everything, but maybe someone can do it better than me.

Thanks a lot ;) John
08-29-2004 08:38 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
rompom7

RE: New plugin suggestion !
Sounds like a good idea, also very possible
08-29-2004 08:59 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
All the plugin would have to do would change your nickname to a variable that you can set...
It's probably a lot easier to make this a feature of Plus than a plugin, but yeah I can see it being possible (edit: as Ddunk said it could be changed in the registry, should have thought of that)...however I vaguely remember this being suggested before, I can't find the thread though

This post was edited on 08-29-2004 at 10:04 AM by Anubis.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
08-29-2004 09:09 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ddunk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
Actually, we don't even need a plugin to do this, it's already an option in the Plus! Registry Entry.

quote:
HKCU\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\your@email.com\Preferences

NameOnSignin

If not empty, Messenger Plus! will use this value to change your name to a default one every time you sign-in on a specific computer.

The best, and safest way to change this would be to download Plus! Tweak

Run the exe, select your email, and scroll down on the left side to "NameOnSignin" Here, you can select what name you would wish to have on signin :)
08-29-2004 09:25 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: