What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Anyone want a gmail signature without any hassle opening files??!Then Come Here!!

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
Anyone want a gmail signature without any hassle opening files??!Then Come Here!!
Author: Message:
Maniac

Posts including T&T: 1684

36 / Male / –
RE: Anyone want a gmail signature without any hassle opening files??!Then Come Here!!
sure if you can't then go ahead :D i don't have PS right now so i can't do it myself :(

(what does y/n stand for? :s)
[Image: maniacsig0pb.jpg]
*It took Jesus 3 days to respawn! Talk about lag!* :rofl:
08-31-2004 11:44 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Anyone want a gmail signature without any hassle opening files??!Then Come Here!!
i dont use photoshop :-D anyways ill try to fix ur problem by making ur img as a whole.. it might take time... I feel like making a new gmail thing.. lol maybe illl make a different one :-P none animated... ok allright im gonna go back to work :-P
08-31-2004 12:10 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Anyone want a gmail signature without any hassle opening files??!Then Come Here!!
Nice :p...Although a little fast on browsers without animated frame rate limits...
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
08-31-2004 12:14 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Anyone want a gmail signature without any hassle opening files??!Then Come Here!!
Hmm Anubis: ??? do u think i should slow it down?? hmm ill take a poll later today.. see what everyone thinks about it

Ningc_Maniac: How does it look.. its one of my crappy works.. did it in around 3 minutes lol     
    [Image: Gmail4forsomeone.gif]
If you want the code pm me

This post was edited on 08-31-2004 at 12:26 PM by .Roy.
08-31-2004 12:24 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
Nice :p...Although a little fast on browsers without animated frame rate limits...
Every browser supports the delay in a frame... It's the creators responsebility to set it to a value which every browser can handle. This means: not to fast  (not every browser on every computer can handle frame delays of 2ms for example)....

The frame delay in this image is set to 60ms, which is pretty fast (actually, too fast to be handled properly in many browser on normal computers; everything below 100ms must be considered "not delayed" when you create an animated gif for the web...)

Some other things about the GIF:
- the font is aliased, this means itsn't the same as the default font used on many systems. On most pc-systems the fonts are not aliased. It is only if you set cleartype on in Windows...
And since you used anti-aliassing, the colors in the GIF are needless too
high. If you didn't use anti-aliassing then you could do with 8 colors...
And since you used anti-aliassing, the gif will only "work" when the background on which it is used is a very light color...
- Also, the alignment with text is wrong: the font in the image doesn't lign up with the font in de text which you use before the image... (I believe it's 1 or 2 pixels, if I look at it quickly without magnifying it)
- besides that, there are some animation-things which aren't a good practice:
you have mixed full images with cropped images.
you have mixed "remove by background" with "leave as is".

other then that, nice idea for those who want it...

quote:
Originally posted by DangerXone
Hmm Anubis: ??? do u think i should slow it down?? hmm ill take a poll later today.. see what everyone thinks about it
Don't create a poll for that, just slow it down... see above why

quote:
Ningc_Maniac: How does it look.. its one of my crappy works.. did it in around 3 minutes lol     
irritating fast :p ... make the delay of each frame 500ms

This post was edited on 08-31-2004 at 12:37 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-31-2004 12:30 PM
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
u mean half a second a frame!!.... how bout  20/100 thats better... in my mind anyway..
im only a kid and i dont understand what u are talking about the GIF i just started using the program fireworks and im still learning :-) so if you want to take your time and show me how to do it that would be great :-P but ill learn thanks for the suggestions

*** how do i lower it by 2 pixels***

This post was edited on 08-31-2004 at 12:54 PM by .Roy.
08-31-2004 12:51 PM
Maniac

Posts including T&T: 1684

36 / Male / –
Yes, that is a little too fast.... it looks like it's just flashing
[Image: maniacsig0pb.jpg]
*It took Jesus 3 days to respawn! Talk about lag!* :rofl:
08-31-2004 01:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
Ningc_maniac i feel horrible for making u a horrible image.. im gonna go back to work :-P And BTW i slowed the gmail down to 15... this is much better i think... im not gonna make it 20 or higher.. it just looks stupid...
Well anyway thanks im gonna go make on for Ningc_maniac!!
TTTYL
Roy
08-31-2004 01:04 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
and im still learning so if you want to take your time and show me how to do it that would be great but ill learn
That the most important thing: learning..... you only can learn it by doing it ;) and if someone points you to the "mistakes". So don't take my "advise" as something negative, it was meant positive.

(also, mind you: they aren't realy mistakes cause it works, but it could be made better)

Also, I can't realy teach you; the things I said are things you'll learn when you make a lot of animated gifs and read a lot about how it actually works and all (note: I can't point you to a link with a big tutorial and explaination guide as I thrown those all away long ago, sorry. But you'll find lots of tuts and how-to's and tech. guides to animated gifs on the web)

quote:
*** how do i lower it by 2 pixels***
you don't need to lower it, it needs to be higher (by 1 pixel):
[Image: attachment.php?pid=300312]

Also notice that the font isn't the same because you use anti-aliasing when you created the font in your gif...

.gif File Attachment: alignment.gif (3.72 KB)
This file has been downloaded 359 time(s).
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-31-2004 02:08 PM
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
where do u uncheck that option when ur exporting ur frames?
*thanks for the help* Cookie

This post was edited on 08-31-2004 at 02:31 PM by .Roy.
08-31-2004 02:11 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: