What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Plug Req.

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Plug Req.
Author: Message:
guesswho

36 / Male / –
RE: Plug Req.
I am aware of that fact, SIMP is one, it uses a proxy, and as such, it has to be running all the time, and it takes about 2 seconds to start a convo with someone who doesn't have it, because it automatically tries to enable encryption. There is also Encrpted messenger 3 (available from mess.be) But it adds extra windows and stuff on the side so you can see the messages in their decrypted form, basically I couldn't find a program that I was happy using because of
a) the impracticality of using it to speak to people who dont have it (SIMP) or
b) the crap interface of using it to speak to people who do have it (Encrypted messenger 3, and my contact couldn't get it to work)

But also, a Plus! plugin would be MUCH easier to distribute and set up.
Geoff
[Image: guesswho.png]
09-06-2004 08:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Ezra
Veteran Member

Forgiveness is between them and God

37 / Male / Flag
I use Simp too and I find it very good, if the other end has Simp it encrypts your messages and else not... No delay or something...

This post was edited on 09-06-2004 at 08:32 PM by Ezra.
[Image: 1-0.png]

09-06-2004 08:31 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by guesswho
But Microsoft can still read all your convos should they have the desire to do so.
true, but why would microsoft want to do that?
quote:
AES is an implementation of the Rinjdeal Algorithm with certain variables set to fixed values as far as I know.
oh, yes... after reading " implememnting 1024-bit RSA public key encryption " i though you weren't gonna implement the standar. I read wrong, sorry.

btw: AES is just the standar, which currently is the Rijdaen algorithm (before it was the DES). The AES doesn't modify it in any way.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
09-06-2004 09:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
red3vil

The dutch in a rush.

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
quote:
But Microsoft can still read all your convos should they have the desire to do so.
true, but why would microsoft want to do that.

well it's just that every single piece of software is designed for MS, or by MS. that's suspicious enough for me...
and ain't it a part of the U.S. Gov? (or how it's described)

and don't forget that "TinY" little building that intersepts every byte that go's in or out the US of A. mwah, reason enough to doubt your privacy i guess :-/
RedWhiteBlue
      pride
09-07-2004 01:40 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Don't spawn untrue paranoid things like that....
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-07-2004 01:51 AM
red3vil

The dutch in a rush.

– / Male / –
ai'n't paranoid, there is a law comming up here that say's the gouvement here has the right to record every singly piece of data we transmit (phone, inet)... sow when i'm paranoid, your all just walking like sheep driven by dogs.

than i rather be paranoid!

//edit
forgot to tell they have the right to save it for one year, well...

This post was edited on 09-07-2004 at 01:59 AM by red3vil.
RedWhiteBlue
      pride
09-07-2004 01:58 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by red3vil
ai'n't paranoid, there is a law comming up here that say's the gouvement here has the right to record every singly piece of data we transmit (phone, inet)... sow when i'm paranoid, your all just walking like sheep driven by dogs.

than i rather be paranoid!

//edit
forgot to tell they have the right to save it for one year, well...
There is an extremely huge difference in what you tell now and what you said in your previous post!!!!! and even now, you are not totaly correct...

They have the RIGHT to monitor convo in CERTAIN special cases... eg: when you are a suspect in a criminal case. If you are not, then they have NO RIGHT in doing that!!! They have to respect peoples privacy also if you are not a suspect!!!! Also, nothing is send to that "tiny" building at all, like you seem to suggest.

Oh, and you're dutch... so you might like to know that these laws already exist in Belgium and The Netherlands. So, maybe you want to emigrate to Switzerland or something :p

This post was edited on 09-07-2004 at 02:09 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-07-2004 02:05 AM
red3vil

The dutch in a rush.

– / Male / –
i don't ask you to believe me...
i don't even want you to believe me.
but i do know that what i say is based on common knowledge, and there is a building that has a sfere and it does monitor 24/7.
it probbaly doesn't scan all the data, that's simply impossible, but if you send let say 100+ emails with the txt like a planed attack to the us state, i wish u good luck. but they don't survey you (as you think) so go ahead!

you probbaly think you still vote for president, or chose your gouverment. well think again!

or freedom of speech, don't make me laugh!
RedWhiteBlue
      pride
09-07-2004 02:14 AM
Orkblutt

I think the best way to secure your IM is Simplite 2.1.2... (as the original successor of Simp 1.0;))

SIMPLITE

quote:
Authentication and encryption :
SimpLite-MSN authenticates your contacts using RSA keys up to 2048 bits. Encryption is done using the following algorithms: AES (up to 128 bits) or Twofish.

Simplite is free .. but you can buy Simplite PRO

quote:
If your contact is using SimpPro, you can receive or send files to him. Files will be automatically encrypted with the same algorithms than those used to secure your conversations.
Note: Under MSN6, avatars, emoticons, games are considered as file transfers and thus secured by SimpLite-MSN if your contact is using SimpPro.

I'm not sure that it's usefull to make a plugin to do that... simplite is really good (no delay or other bad thing when i'm using it) but if you are thinking you can make a better method with a MsgPlus! plugin.. just do it ... lol  ^o)
09-07-2004 02:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: