What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » WDZ!!!

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
WDZ!!!
Author: Message:
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
RE: WDZ!!!
Can't Matty just use a different proxy to get on? That's what I do to get by some school blocks, like game sites and such...
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
09-05-2004 05:53 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
surfichris
Former Admin

quote:
Originally posted by wj
That wouldnt screw anyone over, It would only effect people when there current cookies expire and the new ones are created with the PHP determined domain and path. I really dont see anything wrong with that and it wont effect any current users.

The cookies don't expire :cheesy:. When people tried to logout, or when new cookies were set for stuff like thread views for users it would screw up and they would remain logged in and lose all of their previously read thread details.

Thats how it effects other users ;)
09-05-2004 10:11 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: WDZ!!!
quote:
Originally posted by blade
Can't Matty just use a different proxy to get on? That's what I do to get by some school blocks, like game sites and such...
Ya I can but the proxy wont log me in obviously.
09-06-2004 07:41 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
michael_m91

33 / Male / –
I know this may be dumb to say, but somtimes I find things work better If you just

Clear History
Clear Cookies
Clear All Internet Files
Then Restart your Computer.

Also why woul'd you use an alternate URL? at work if your not going to http://shoutbox.menthix.net/ then your probably not supposed to be on MsgPlus Forums.

[Image: Email.JPG]
09-24-2004 01:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: WDZ!!!
quote:
Originally posted by michael_m91
I know this may be dumb to say, but somtimes I find things work better If you just

Clear History
Clear Cookies
Clear All Internet Files
Then Restart your Computer.

Also why woul'd you use an alternate URL? at work if your not going to http://shoutbox.menthix.net/ then your probably not supposed to be on MsgPlus Forums.
Ok look, I warned you on PMs to stop bring up old threads and spamming and look what your doing. I could care less what my work wants me to surf, I finally have a working proxy that will login me in as well. Your steps you posted are not going to work when my IT department has proxied out the website. Meaning my request for a website goes through another computer, if they dont want that one, then they block it and it comes back with a blue box saying Surf Controled.

Please stop posting when you don't know about the issue. The original question was to allow another url to log into the forums. Not I cant log into them.

My work is stupid they blocked out the forums cause the title bar said Messenger. The forums are harmless, if I dont take a call for 4 hours what else am I going to do right?

Anyways back to my request. Stop bring up old threads, if the thread question is above your knowledge, dont post cause its probably not going to make a difference like in this case.
09-24-2004 02:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: