What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Msgplus.net Links in Messenger Plus!

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Msgplus.net Links in Messenger Plus!
Author: Message:
Shaggie

– / Male / Flag
RE: Msgplus.net Links in Messenger Plus!
Could you not read the default command stored in the registry (which is usually "open") for html files and use that to open the web pages (Just ignore any DDE portion of the command - DDE sucks anyway).  If anyone has problems then at that time we could figure out the necessary info to put in the registry to make it work correctly for their browser.  I have written similar code in VB (I know that you use C) to do just that for other file extensions.

That being said, CookieRevised is correct that this is a low priority issue.
09-09-2004 10:57 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Msgplus.net Links in Messenger Plus!
Patchou has spoken on one of my threads wow lol

ok alot of people are saying that in IE if u uncheck the option of Reuse windows to open shortcuts it'll open it in a new window. It doesnt for me so maybe all IE, Firefox, Netscape ect users pitch in and tell how to set the argument so messenger plus! opens all links in a new windows. I dont think it would take TOO much code to be put in Plus! and its just a little fix.

And i agree with everyone's statement that this is a low priority issue.
09-10-2004 01:27 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Well, unfortunately I can't code browser-specific instructions (itwould have no end) and every browser has its own way topass command line parameters too.

I sincirely searched for a way to do this but I didn't find any. Unchecking "reuse window" in IE options is supposed to do the trick. If it doesn't, you probably have something messed up in your configuration, sorry about that :)
[Image: signature2.gif]
09-10-2004 05:21 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
megamuff

36 / – / –
RE: RE: Msgplus.net Links in Messenger Plus!
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
megamuff, what you describe is a setting which will open any link in a new window (even the ones that don't define that you want to open the link in a new window). It is related, and it is way around for MSIE users only, but the links should be openend in a new window in the first place without the use of this setting...

lie. i browse around the net all day and dont have 54 browser windows open, just 2 - one gmail, and this one. it only opens new windows when you load urls OUTSIDE OF INTERNET EXPLORER, or if the web page whos link you click has code similar to the following on that link: target="_blank"
EDIT: (wow so much editing..) or if you right click and use 'open in new window'.

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
megamuff - I have that already enabled in IE but clearly Plus! doesnt care about this setting.
The first time install one is really annoying that it takes over a existing window. And all the links to such as Online Help should open in a new window and not take over one. If Patchou could implant this it would be alot less annoying than before.

oh well, i tried..

This post was edited on 09-13-2004 at 10:40 PM by megamuff.
09-13-2004 10:35 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by megamuff
it only opens new windows when you load urls OUTSIDE OF INTERNET EXPLORER
That's exactly what I was talking about... :rolleyes:
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-14-2004 12:31 AM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend