What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » suggestion - universal settings

suggestion - universal settings
Author: Message:
NoName1

O.P. Cool  suggestion - universal settings
The plus! settings, correct me if i'm wrong ;) , don't apply to all the users on the one computer, you have to set everyone's individually.
I thought it may be good to have universal settings on the one computer so that no matter who is logged in, the settings apply across the board. This would be useful for parental control in particular, as at the moment you have to know someone's password to change their plus! settings.

Perhaps it would be useful if universal settings were able to be toggled on or off, for those ho want different settings from other users on the same pc (like me).
I know it's waaay too late to get it included inthe next version of plus! - just a suggestion.

ps i'm liking the idea of user stats in the nxt version of plus! nice one Patchou.
09-13-2004 08:21 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
RE: suggestion - universal settings
havent u tred the import / export feature?
quote:
Originally posted by NoName1
as at the moment you have to know someone's password to change their plus! settings.
well, if u were able to set other one's settings, it would be an invasion of their privacy (specially if u want to use it for parental control).
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
09-13-2004 09:29 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: suggestion - universal settings
You can copy your Preferences reg-folder in the Nobody folder. Doing so will apply those preferences by default to every new user who signs-in.
[Image: signature2.gif]
09-13-2004 05:13 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: