What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Block checkers

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
Block checkers
Author: Message:
megamuff

36 / – / –
O.P. RE: Perferences list
people can already talk to you when you block them, a bug in messenger that microsoft doesnt want to admit, i use it often. i think plus should allow you to send messages to someone you blocked so they cant harass you without you being able to at least say something back.. better yet, a feature in plus that could block message from someone would be awesome.
09-08-2004 08:32 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Perferences list
quote:
Originally posted by megamuff
people can already talk to you when you block them, a bug in messenger that microsoft doesnt want to admit
How long ago was this bug fixed? A year? Two years? Longer?

I'm only going to say this once: block checkers and similar exploits NO LONGER WORK!
[Image: spartaafk.png]
09-08-2004 10:17 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
megamuff

36 / – / –
O.P. RE: RE: Perferences list
quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
quote:
people can already talk to you when you block them, a bug in messenger that microsoft doesnt want to admit
How long ago was this bug fixed? A year? Two years? Longer?

I'm only going to say this once: block checkers and similar exploits NO LONGER WORK!

erm, its a current bug, and only recently broke out, in fact at the moment i have to use 'appear offline' status to stop the people i blocked from talking to me.
09-09-2004 10:58 PM
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
Yeah i have recently blocked people from my list and then 2 seconds later their window pops up again with a message, however i cannot reply to them because the window is greyed out because i blocked them :P!!

A good feature for msg plus would be using a similar approach to chat logging as mircosofts one does. For example if you use your .net passport on another computer when you exit your first conversation window it asks you if you would like to save chat logs locally. Msg plus should incorporate this feature to and ask you maybe at the start of the convo or end if you'd like to save chat logs locally with the different accounts. Maybe msgplus could save a list of users that have logged onto msn messenger and if its set to save or not to save their logs - then as different users are added their .net passport is saved in the file and their chat log settings!
Chestah
Segosa is newb.
09-10-2004 08:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
erm, its a current bug, and only recently broke out, in fact at the moment i have to use 'appear offline' status to stop the people i blocked from talking to me.
quote:
Originally posted by Chestah007
Yeah i have recently blocked people from my list and then 2 seconds later their window pops up again with a message, however i cannot reply to them because the window is greyed out because i blocked them
If you select "Only people on my allow list can see my status and send me messages", they can NOT talk to you anymore...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-10-2004 10:24 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
Y'know, I'd like to see this 'bug' reproduced.
09-10-2004 10:32 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Block checkers
quote:
Originally posted by Chestah007
A good feature for msg plus would be using a similar approach to chat logging as mircosofts one does. For example if you use your .net passport on another computer when you exit your first conversation window it asks you if you would like to save chat logs locally. Msg plus should incorporate this feature to and ask you maybe at the start of the convo or end if you'd like to save chat logs locally with the different accounts. Maybe msgplus could save a list of users that have logged onto msn messenger and if its set to save or not to save their logs - then as different users are added their .net passport is saved in the file and their chat log settings!
Chestah
This thread or the original thread were it was posted were not a "wishlist" thread... this is off topic... post this in an already existing feature-request thread or at least create a new thread for this suggestion....

quote:
Y'know, I'd like to see this 'bug' reproduced.
I just did....

but this is NOT the same bug as the one you are referring to...

set up:
* nobody is blocked
* Contact A has "allow only people..." UNchecked

reproduce:
* Contact B opens a convo with Contact A
* Contact A blocks Contact B
* Contact B will see that Contact A is appearing offline in his convo (top yellow box)
* As long as Contact B has the convo still open, he can keep sending messages to contact A

This was seriously offtopic in the original thread, so posts regarding this bug were requested to split up in a new thread.... don't post off topic
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-10-2004 11:03 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
I now think I can explain this behaviour...

The conversations don't go via the central server (the one you sign into): they go trough a separate switchboard server. If the connection to that remains OPEN when the contact is blocked, then the conversation is still ALIVE. This means that the conversation can continue, at least one way.

Put simply, Messenger blocks the person, but doesn't end the conversation.

Maybe this should be submitted to MSN in a bug report...

This post was edited on 09-10-2004 at 10:38 PM by RaceProUK.
09-10-2004 10:37 PM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

normally it should. if you open a convo with a blocked contact it's closed right after it opened :-/
09-10-2004 10:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Messenger blocks the person, but doesn't end the conversation.
quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
normally it should. if you open a convo with a blocked contact it's closed right after it opened :-/
Two similar but fundamentally different scenarios. The one that reproduces the bug starts with the contact unblocked, whereas the one you suggest ME starts with the contact blocked.

That's why I suggested sending a bug report to MSN.
09-10-2004 10:57 PM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: