What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Block checkers

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Block checkers
Author: Message:
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

RE: Block checkers
I followed cookie's instructions. It didn't work in here :p
09-10-2004 11:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
I followed cookie's instructions. It didn't work in here :p
It should work, I tested this with several versions on several servers... reread my instructions ;)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-11-2004 08:20 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
megamuff

36 / – / –
O.P. RE: RE: Perferences list
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by megamuff
erm, its a current bug, and only recently broke out, in fact at the moment i have to use 'appear offline' status to stop the people i blocked from talking to me.
quote:
Originally posted by Chestah007
Yeah i have recently blocked people from my list and then 2 seconds later their window pops up again with a message, however i cannot reply to them because the window is greyed out because i blocked them
If you select "Only people on my allow list can see my status and send me messages", they can NOT talk to you anymore...

stop lying in your answers. i happen to already have that box checked, because people LONG LONG AGO were using msn messnger to advertise without adding me to their lists. i have that box checked, i block someone who is spamming me, and they can keep spamming me, they do, and i end up having to use 'appear offline' status to force them to stop. THAT, OR WAITING, OR GOING OFFLINE, IS THE ONLY WAY TO SHUT THEM UP.

(PS: sorry if this comes off as rude, its just frustrating to see people try to spread their ignorance, especially when its just so obvious.)

This post was edited on 09-13-2004 at 10:57 PM by megamuff.
09-13-2004 10:48 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
dude, chill down.... I'm not here to lie and give wrong information. If I did, I wouldn't have the rep I have atm. I tested this myself, and I know what I'm talking about. Furthermore, I've seen many people on this forum telling stuff, and flaming everything around them, while in the end, they were proven wrong. So don't give me this, stop flaming and give us proof instead....

If you (or anyone else) proofs that I'm wrong, I'll stand corrected, but don't give me this shit dude... (and saying that it works isn't proof)

And don't tell me that I give improper info while the statement in your signature is total "bs"...

This post was edited on 09-13-2004 at 11:18 PM by CookieRevised.
09-13-2004 11:10 PM
megamuff

36 / – / –
O.P. RE: Block checkers
quote:
dude, chill down.... I'm not here to lie and give wrong information. If I did, I wouldn't have the rep I have atm. I tested this myself, and I know what I'm talking about. Furthermore, I've seen many people on this forum telling stuff, and flaming everything around them, while in the end, they were proven wrong. So don't give me this, stop flaming and give us proof instead....

If you (or anyone else) proofs that I'm wrong, I'll stand corrected, but don't give me this shit dude... (and saying that it works isn't proof)

And don't tell me that I give improper info while the statement in your signature is total "bs"...

EDIT: the statement in my sig came from guinness book of records 2k, so go tell them about this "bull shit" you are talking about. unless BS means the opposite of that..

[03:02:05 AM] ...;) who's :  6
[03:02:05 AM] ...;) who's : 45
[03:02:05 AM] ...;) who's : 6
[03:02:05 AM] ...;) who's : 56
[03:02:05 AM] ...;) who's : 5
[03:02:05 AM] ...;) who's :  6
[03:02:05 AM] ...;) who's : 5
[03:02:05 AM] ...;) who's : 645
[03:02:06 AM] ...;) who's :  5
[03:02:06 AM] ...;) who's : 64
[03:02:07 AM] ...;) who's : 56
[03:02:07 AM] * ...;) who's your da-ddy ;)... has been blocked
[03:02:07 AM] ...;) who's : 456
[03:02:07 AM] ...;) who's : 456

doncha hate being proved wrong? i'll go dig up more logs.

This post was edited on 09-13-2004 at 11:27 PM by megamuff.
09-13-2004 11:23 PM
BEWARE^^

I'm Ready I'm Ready I'm Ready I'm Re

37 / Other / –
huh thats strange never saw that before :S:S
[Image: .jpg]
if you need help with unrealircd tell me and i will help ya out.
09-13-2004 11:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
EDIT: the statement in my sig came from guinness book of records 2k, so go tell them about this "bull shit" you are talking about. unless BS means the opposite of that..
1) It is known that GBoR has errors in them...
2) There is no way in telling how much damage a virus has caused. It can only be estimated and even the estimation isn't relaible.
3) A software virus written before 1988 can't alter a deep hardware bios chip inreversible. BIOS's back then weren't flashable by software like you can now, at most you can alter some registers which are easly fixed...

This post was edited on 09-13-2004 at 11:41 PM by CookieRevised.
09-13-2004 11:29 PM
megamuff

36 / – / –
O.P. RE: RE: Block checkers
quote:
quote:
1) It is known that GBoR has errors in them...
2) There is no way in telling how much damage a virus has caused. It can only be estimated and even the estimation isn't relaible.
3) A software virus written before 1988 can't alter a deep hardware bios chip. BIOS's back then weren't flashable by software...

1) KNOWN or thought?
2) reports, son, reports. people can report damage to authorities.
3) obviously someone doesnt know it is possible to update a bios, well what that does is over-write the old bios chip with new information, if you do this wrong you can destroy your computer. (new computers have backup bios, but this virus attacked older computers.)
4) you didnt address the fact that you were proved wrong.

EDIT: more.

[04:37:05 AM] * andrew has been blocked
[04:37:20 AM] andrew: h

ok, theres the second.

[05:49:19 PM] * If your seein' Zombies you are lookin' in the
              mirrior-Asleep has been blocked
[05:49:24 PM] If your seei: ok ok
[05:49:31 PM] If your seei: i know they can

number three...

EDIT: more more.

[12:05:42 AM] * uoi100 (h) has been blocked
[12:06:03 AM] uoi100 (h): ...

number four...

This post was edited on 09-13-2004 at 11:43 PM by megamuff.
09-13-2004 11:33 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
1) known
2) Do research and read before you post something...
3) Obviously you don't know shit about hardware and the history about computers... Do some research and read what PC's were in 1988 and what the BIOS's were back then..... edit: did some research in your place: the CIH virus was written and executed in 1998/1999, and in 1998/1999 BIOS's were flashable... PS: Also, the nuclear power accident in Chernobyl happend in 1986. So who's wrong hu?
4) I'm not proven wrong at all... How are a few written lines going to proof me wrong????

a) This is seriously going off topic
b) Unless you have proper proof (tell us how to do it in detailed steps just like I did) I'm not gonna reply anymore....

This post was edited on 09-14-2004 at 12:55 AM by CookieRevised.
09-13-2004 11:45 PM
megamuff

36 / – / –
O.P. RE: RE: Block checkers
quote:
1) known
2) Do research and read before you post something
3) Obviously you don't know shit about hardware and the history about computers...
4) I'm not proven wrong at all... How are a few written lines going to proof me wrong????

1) mm hmm.
2) ditto.
3) ditto.
4) well, what do you want? me to ask someone to spam me, block them, and all the while make a video recording of it? because if i have no other choice i might just do that.

i just realized something, everyone. i degraded myself to the level of a noob who has been given power. i am truely sorry for those of you who have to read this. i wont make any more insulting commotion for you to have to thumb through.

This post was edited on 09-13-2004 at 11:55 PM by megamuff.
09-13-2004 11:50 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: