What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Messenger Plus won't work!

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Messenger Plus won't work!
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus won't work!
quote:
Originally posted by majestique
I deleted some Messenger Plus parts from the registry
You sure you ONLY deleted Messenger Plus! things?

I dunno if you already exactly tried this:

- Reinstall MSN Messenger from http://messenger.msn.com/
- Reboot
- Make sure you don't have any anti-adware/spyware programs running (bad configuration of these can block downloads)
- Open Browser and clear your browsers cache completely (including offline items, etc...)
- Close your browser!
- Open Browser again and download Plus! from http://www.msgplus.net/
- Run the setup and install with the sponsor!
- Go to add/remove programs, find "Plus!" and uninstall it. Make sure you follow all the instructions. Also choose to not keep your settings.
- Reboot
- Run the setup again and install without the sponsor.

This post was edited on 09-09-2004 at 12:17 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-09-2004 12:14 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
RE: RE: Messenger Plus won't work!
quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
quote:
Originally posted by Demandred
Hope your a patient Man coz by the looks of it your gonna have to   Format XP an reinstall it. if those Subkeys arent there you got a problem with your registry. by fixing it, your only choice is to do a complete fresh reinstall of XP.
Ignore that: it's bullshit. There's no need for a reinstall of XP whatsoever. Just reinstall Plus, and that will replace the missing keys.

Demandred: Next time, try *not* to post such a drastic solution when a far simpler solution will do!
quote:
Originally posted by majestique
I tried to download it and renamed it when I clicked "save as" and everything, but when I double-clicked it, it still didn't work !
You shouldn't rename the installation file. Doing so is known to prevent it from working. Just download it and run it *without* renaming it, and it should work fine.

Ignore that: it's bullshit. There's no need for a reinstall of XP whatsoever. Just reinstall Plus, and that will replace the missing keys.

Demandred: Next time, try *not* to post such a drastic solution when a far simpler solution will do

an you think by just reinstalling Plus will fix his Missing registry key missing problem also?  ur sadly mistaken
09-09-2004 12:30 AM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
RE: Messenger Plus won't work!
quote:
quote:

Demandred: Next time, try *not* to post such a drastic solution when a far simpler solution will do

WTF was that about?
And re-installing plus will fix his missing registay keys, Because plus makes those keys, there fore re-installing will remake them
09-12-2004 11:29 AM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: