What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » [split] spending too much time online

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
[split] spending too much time online
Author: Message:
Johnny_Mac
Elite Member

38 / Male / Flag
RE: [split] spending too much time online
quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
When does it become serious?
When you put being online in front of other relevant things like real social contact with your friends and family, reading, having a gf (or whatever you want to call it) and so on. Things that are an important part in your mental development. Not saying you're dumb, but it may cause you some social troubles.

This just about the illness, I can't say if you suffer it or not, but it could be that, if you try to spend as many hours as possible online, you could be a patient. That's all about it.
Thats a fair point. I have this dumbass rule, the one thing i put to the back of the list when being busy is sleep. I have been known to do 48hrs working/partying/socializing (:refuck:) without actually sleeping. Not good I know, but I think its sometimes a total waste.
09-18-2004 06:25 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [split] spending too much time online
Well, but you don't work/party/socialize every day. Some sit at the computes 20 hours every day, that's to worry about :-/
09-18-2004 06:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Johnny_Mac
Elite Member

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Well, but you don't work/party/socialize every day. Some sit at the computes 20 hours every day, that's to worry about :-/
Spending 20hrs a day partying/working/socializing or 20hrs a day sitting at a computer. The 2 are so opposite they're nearly as bad as each other... :S

quote:
Originally posted by pr0xy
A whole thread about who's the biggest geek? wow.  you all spend too much time on the computer.  My advice, get a g/f...or b/f.  Sean, get a real girl friend dude, you'll thank me later. 
My advice, dont give advice. :D
09-18-2004 06:36 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
That is not me. As I said some days I spend like 13 hours NOT STRIGHT btw, on the computer, and some days I get on for 10 min... I do have a social life...But not one were I think the world revolves around me.....

This post was edited on 09-18-2004 at 07:47 PM by RebelSean.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
09-18-2004 07:33 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [split] spending too much time online
Who said I was talkin about you? 8-)

Oh, then you feel aforesaid, :refuck: hm... interesting. I'll note that down :P
09-19-2004 01:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
paperless
Veteran Member

Saved by the bell

34 / Male / Flag
Well before i went on vacations i tought i were addicted by the comp i knew it and i felt it but after +/- two months without the computer know i came back and i dont feel the same i feel mucb better its like freedom or something i cant explain. fortunately i cured it without having to go the the psychiatrist.
But i still have no gf[Image: msn_cry.old.gif]

This post was edited on 09-22-2004 at 10:22 PM by paperless.
09-22-2004 10:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
Obsessed with being online , It reminds me of Sketch back in the day! Like when he first moved to Canada and he like didnt know anybody and stuff he spent 24/7 online , I would go to sleep at 10 and wake up at 6 in the morning for shcool and sketch is still on , He hadnt even gone to sleep yet :lol:

I was the same for a while though too...We have lifes now , We both have to wake up at like 5 in the morning and get home at like 5 (PM) and are to tired to do anything.

This post was edited on 09-22-2004 at 10:54 PM by dotNorma.
09-22-2004 10:53 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
I spend like 6-7 hours on weekdays...wake up at 6, go to school at 8, at school till 3.15, home at 3.30 on the net by 3.35 and surfing till about 6, eat dinner with the family till 6.30 then back on the net till 10.30-11.00 On weekends if im not out partying im on like all day and all night..Im a bit of a freak..
09-23-2004 06:38 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: