What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Typing message

Typing message
Author: Message:
The_IRS

O.P. Typing message
I was wondering, like you know if you chat in a window with a friend, lets say his display name is "Today was fun" and in a chat window at the bottom, you would see the sentance, "Today was fun is writing a message" if he is typing something. now my display name is "Today is not so fun" Therefore if i type something, in my friend's chat window, he would see "Today is not fun is writing a message" at the bottom.  Now my question is, is it possible to display something else like "Today is very very fun is writing a message" in my friend's point of view, without accually changing my display name from "today is not fun" to w/e?
09-18-2004 11:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
TGG

32 / Male / –
RE: Typing message
i'm pretty sure that isn't possible
09-19-2004 09:44 AM
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
A way is with a moded client that both users would have to use...the alternate typing name could be sent over to the other client via a direct connection...Who's going to make another client just to do this, I doubt many...
Another way is somehow hooking into Messenger and changing it at the last minute from info that was sent somehow earlier...probably a text message that the other computer recognises...
I doubt this will be made as there isn't really a demand for a feature that really has no use, or purpose...
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
09-19-2004 10:00 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
A way is with a moded client that both users would have to use...the alternate typing name could be sent over to the other client via a direct connection...Who's going to make another client just to do this, I doubt many...
Another way is somehow hooking into Messenger and changing it at the last minute from info that was sent somehow earlier...probably a text message that the other computer recognises...
I doubt this will be made as there isn't really a demand for a feature that really has no use, or purpose...
tell me if there's something correct in in that post. or no wait, that 100% nonsence.

there is a way, since an application called "tweaker" did that. it's done by modifying those "typing-user" MSG's. but that would be pretty useless as standalone add-on.
09-19-2004 02:52 PM
Tarry

MsgPlus?lang=ca

– / Male / –
Perhaps with a proxy server like MSN Proxy it could be possible, as it can disable the "user-is-typing" messages, but I don't know if it's possible at the moment.
09-19-2004 03:36 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
maybe you could use Stuffplug-NG and it's 'chat only' names.

Or maybe someone could take inspiration from that plugin, and make "specific chat only name" where you could have specific chat only names for certain people
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
09-19-2004 04:41 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: