What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
(plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop
Author: Message:
weirdal27

Mostly Harmless

– / Male / –
RE: (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop
I like the idea of a new option to the right click menu of the desktop contacts to 'only show when contact is online'
perhaps a plugin for this would be possible?
[Image: weirdal27.png?t=1091467250]
09-21-2004 09:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
bungleMX

O.P. RE: RE: (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop
quote:
Originally posted by The Don
why dont u jus dock msn and use the featue from the ultimate messengger lock plugin just to hide it not to hide and lock

What does that plugin do? and where can I get it?
09-22-2004 12:15 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
hey bungleMX sorry bout stealing your thread bout i find it pointless to make another if its about the same feature....

i requested that we be able to drag out contacts out to the desktop for the "contacts on desktop" feature. Patchou said for many many reasons (includ tech ones) he wouldnt put this. Can a plugin give this funcionability or is it way too complicated?
09-22-2004 03:14 PM
bungleMX

O.P. RE: (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop
no problem, that's a good idea too, I only want free my task bar of msnmessenger tab without minimisize msn.
09-22-2004 10:15 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by bungleMX
contacts on dekstop ROCK's, but if there's possible to move all my conact list to my desktop in only one single step, and keep my taskbar free of messenger will be nice
:D
suggested before and solution also given before, right here:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=31...d=310166#pid310166

It doesn't need to be a plugin... a very small simple program/tool will do the job just fine. In fact, like suggested in my post in that thread, you don't need a program/tool at all to do it....

(and that was also what Millenium_edition's post was about. and also because this was also already said to you in "Messenger Plus! 3.20" where you also made the same suggestion...)

and now my rant:
quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
Why not a function so only online people will be automaticly added to the desktop?
Also suggested/discussed before...
quote:
Originally posted by weirdal27
I like the idea of a new option to the right click menu of the desktop contacts to 'only show when contact is online'
perhaps a plugin for this would be possible?
Also suggested/discussed before (even in this very same thread!!! :dodgy:)...
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
hey bungleMX sorry bout stealing your thread bout i find it pointless to make another if its about the same feature....

and many people find it extremely annoying when people go off topic all the time and don't bother in making a new thread, or searching the forum for an already existing thread about suggestions for a certain feature...

:dodgy::dodgy:
and you are all long enough here to know all this!!!
:dodgy::dodgy:

This post was edited on 09-23-2004 at 03:00 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-23-2004 07:52 AM
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
lol i have 5 contacts on my desktop now and i already get serious lag in cs due to the different transparency i use on all of them :S :P
Segosa is newb.
09-23-2004 07:57 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
CookieRevised, don't take this the wrong way plz don't...But, since you are like always saying that it is like easy to make a plugin to do this, why don't you make a tool/plug-in to do this? Like cause all the noobs don't know how to make a .REG stuff, like me...So would you mind making it :)??
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
09-23-2004 11:56 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sean
CookieRevised, don't take this the wrong way plz don't...But, since you are like always saying that it is like easy to make a plugin to do this, why don't you make a tool/plug-in to do this? Like cause all the noobs don't know how to make a .REG stuff, like me...So would you mind making it :)??
no, because cookie is against this feature as there is no point in it. opening your contact list with transparancy would even be better?
09-23-2004 02:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Sean
No I wont, because, like I said in my previous post, 1) a plugin isn't even needed.  2) this is something you wont do every day, so it will defeat the purpose of plugins  3) adding all your contacts to the desktop defeats the purpose of this feature  4) the job can be done very fine with a registry file..

PS: no, I wont take it in the wrong way, I can't take a serious question the wrong way ;)
PSS: what I could do is making the REG file for you, but then you need to send me your exported contactlist. That's the most effort I want to put into this...

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
opening your contact list with transparancy would even be better?
indeed

This post was edited on 09-23-2004 at 03:14 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-23-2004 02:56 PM
bungleMX

O.P. RE: (plgin request) all my contacs list on desktop
ok, maybe you don't like the idea, or maybe I haven't tell you very well my point, me, and maybe some of us need's to have all the time the contact list on top allways visible, but the TAB in the task bar takes a lot of space on it, so with this new funtion in plus I thought it could be easier to do it, but if not, thats ok, I will continue using msnshell aside plus! :(

But thnks to all of you to at least tell me all your points.

PS sorry about my English, maybe thats why it's hard to me to make understad my Ideas hehehehe LOL :D
09-23-2004 05:31 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: