What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Great suggestions for Desktop Contact feature

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Poll: Do you think these options for Desktop Contact's should be implemented?
Yes
No
Not too bothered
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Great suggestions for Desktop Contact feature
Author: Message:
XM4ST3RX

DJ Scoop!

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Great suggestions for Desktop Contact feature
quote:
Originally posted by toddy
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

RileyM, right-click on a floating contact and untick "display properties > always on top"... You can even set this for default...
my "always on top" doesn't work !!! well it doesn't stay default even if i tell it to "set as default". so it means i have to click "set as default" every time i start msn up, otherwise they just get hidden behind other windows

anyone know how i can fix the porblem to make "alweays on top" selected by default ?

Hi Toddy... make sure you select "Set as default", on the one you want to be set as default globally.
09-25-2004 11:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
RE: Great suggestions for Desktop Contact feature
quote:
Originally posted by XM4ST3RX
Hi Toddy... make sure you select "Set as default", on the one you want to be set as default globally.

i have done !!!! still doesn't seem to save it
09-26-2004 12:00 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by toddy
i have done !!!! still doesn't seem to save it
this is due to a known bug, all you have to do is sign out after you've added your contacts to the desktop. In that way Plus! will properly save the settings.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-26-2004 06:28 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
lhunath

.{ Lord Daisy }.

39 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
That's exactly the thing which it isn't suppose to be!!! Patchou wont do this! Floating contacts are meant for "special people" of who you wanna keep track of, not to replace the contactlist!
List of special contacts, alias special contacts list.. For as far as it's a list, since, yeah, they really are just seperate objects..  I recon theoretically you could make them into a list by assinging list index values to them according to their Y placement.. but that'll just be either, too hard to implement, too sensitive for bugs, and will basically screw up desktop contacts. if you want them in a list, open your contact list and make a group called "Special People" or whatever.. There, all sorted by on/off line status.
The way it is now, unsorted, is alot better as you can place them on the desktop randomly, (since they are not part of a list,) and allows for alot more dynamics, plus, you always know where exactly one contact is, if you sort it, you'll have to start browsing through the contacts... even merely visually, still defeats the concept of floating desktop contacts..
{ -[Image: lhunath.gif]- }
09-26-2004 09:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: