What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Xbox Moding

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Xbox Moding
Author: Message:
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Xbox Moding
quote:
Originally posted by pr0xy
Oh I see, thats really cool.  I wonder if you can do that with a Playstation 2?

Of course you could, its merely the use of led's attached to the vibration, it could be done in any rumble shock pad.

And if you're talking about the rocket launcher thing.. then of course its possible, you just need to be super smart or something :D
09-29-2004 06:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
led's attached to the vibration
you better know something about electronics, or those leds wont do much....especially if:
quote:
so that when it vibrates the lights turn on and off depending on the power of the vibrate.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-29-2004 07:00 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
led's attached to the vibration
you better know something about electronics, or those leds wont do much....especially if:
quote:
so that when it vibrates the lights turn on and off depending on the power of the vibrate.

No i don't know how i will do that bit yet, i saw it on a controller mod somewhere, i have to set up a crazy circuit thing that comes out of the back of the controller :sad: its going to take me ages, but i'm going to get an old controller to try it out with first :cheesy:
09-29-2004 07:03 PM
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
quote:

No i don't know how i will do that bit yet, i saw it on a controller mod somewhere, i have to set up a crazy circuit thing that comes out of the back of the controller :sad: its going to take me ages, but i'm going to get an old controller to try it out with first :cheesy:
You'll need a soddering iron for sure, and if you dont know anything about wiring/electronics then I suggest doing some practice tests on something.  Draw the whole thing out too, so you have a step by step process to follow, so you dont forget where you are and mess up. 
09-29-2004 09:26 PM
lizard.boy
Veteran Member

33 / Male / Flag
http://metku.net/index.html?sect=view&n=1&path=mo...kuvalot1/index_eng
http://metku.net/index.html?sect=view&n=1&path=mo...kuvalot2/index_eng
09-29-2004 10:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
http://metku.net/index.html?sect=view&n=1&path=mods/vilkkuvalot1/index_eng
http://metku.net/index.html?sect=view&n=1&path=mo...kuvalot2/index_eng
That isn't what traxor wants though. The links only provide a circuit where the leds are run in a predefined pattern. This is totaly something different (and easier) then what traxor wants...

But it does give a nice idea of what traxor is facing. In other words, reading a circuit-diagram and building it with components he never heared of and with no idea how things actually work.... eg:
quote:
We use opto-isolator (TIL198) to separate our circuit from the rest of the computer system.
If you choose some other color for the leds, remember to calculate right values for the resistors

Remember that those night-rider mods in those links are easy, eg: they use only 2 or 3 IC's, and they run on a constant power supply, traxors idea will not have that, it will be variable. Traxors idea is much more like a digital VU-meter (<= major tip ;))

no offense traxor ;)
I hope you will be able to do this mod, it can be great fun. But indeed: practice... practice... practice... ;)

this might be of interest before you attempt to do anything:
http://metku.net/index.html?sect=view&n=1&path=mo...ahkooppi/index_eng

This post was edited on 09-29-2004 at 11:27 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-29-2004 10:52 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by pr0xy
You'll need a soddering iron for sure, and if you dont know anything about wiring/electronics then I suggest doing some practice tests on something.  Draw the whole thing out too, so you have a step by step process to follow, so you dont forget where you are and mess up.

I have a soldering iron, two actually lol, actually ones a soldering gun, and it has a cool led torch on the front so that you can see what you're doing... I do know some things about electronics and wiring.. I will practice on an old controller first of course ;)

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
That isn't what traxor wants though. The links only provide a circuit where the leds are run in a predefined pattern. This is totaly something different (and easier) then what traxor wants...

But it does give a nice idea of what traxor is facing. In other words, reading a circuit-diagram and building it with components he never heared of and with no idea how things actually work.... eg:

Remember that those night-rider mods in those links are easy, eg: they use only 2 or 3 IC's, and they run on a constant power supply, traxors idea will not have that, it will be variable. Traxors idea is much more like a digital VU-meter (<= major tip ;))

no offense traxor ;)
I hope you will be able to do this mod, it can be great fun. But indeed: practice... practice... practice... ;)

this might be of interest before you attempt to do anything:
http://metku.net/index.html?sect=view&n=1&path=mo...ahkooppi/index_eng

thanks for the help, i can seriously use it, and if I need any help, do you mind if I pm you at any time, cause that would really be excellent, i have a lot of course work recently, so I need to have more time on my hands.

And of course theres no offence taken, I might try out the idea on a playstation controller first, but i need to look at the circuitry in both of the controllers, just to see if they're similar or not. If not then... I really don't know

This post was edited on 10-01-2004 at 04:01 PM by user27089.
10-01-2004 03:58 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: