What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Personal Message

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
5 votes - 5 average   Personal Message
Author: Message:
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Personal Message
Patchou:

* lopardo applauds

There is a lot of people here who knows you and Plus from the beginning, we know Plus is the add-on for Messenger, we know it's your creation and we know you're a person who needs money to live, just like everyone else. As Cookie said, when you feel down you can always check these forums and you'll always find some Plus fan :)

And there's always gonna be someone putting down Plus, for ignorance or jealousy, the best we can do is trying to explain them how the things are.

I admire your work. Have you studied something? This is my last high school year and I don't know what to do next year :undecided:
[Image: userbar452797dd.gif]
09-27-2004 05:04 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
bmtaylor

48 / Male / –
You've got my (Y) Patchou.  I've just had people on a game website messageboard slagging off :plus2: so I jumped in and corrected them about the optional sponsor, etc...

This project makes Messenger worth using.  If we waited for M$ to come out with the same level or quality of features on their own, I know that I for one would be old and grey before that would even happen.

I freely and openly offer a mirror download link for your program of every release since just before MP2! (IIRC), & there is nothing I can read that will convince me that I am helping a "software criminal".

Keep up the work, try to let these attacks against your person pass you by, and be the bigger and better man by rising above the level of these ignorant bigots that wish to attack you and your work.

EDIT: How many people install Kazaa, yet don't complain about the amount of shit it forcibly installs onto a computer?  I wonder how many of their userbase have written nasty emails with personal scathing attacks against the software creator, etc...!

Plus gives people the option of a sponsor package being installed, yet Patchou gets branded as worse than Satan because of it.  Gimme a break!

This post was edited on 09-27-2004 at 05:45 PM by bmtaylor.
bmtaylor75[Image: Gmail4.gif]
09-27-2004 05:41 PM
BooGhost
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Pure_BY
Remember, you are creating MsgPlus! for ANOTHER GROUP OF people. People who ENJOY IT. People who LOVE it. People who RESPECT it. And people who RESPECT and APPRECIATE your EFFORT, and people who are shocked by the RESULT. People who share thier love to your piece of software. And, I want you to know, I am one of them. I am with you for 100% on everything you say and I support you!!!

And, I am sure, there are A LOT of people like me. I know it. And you, you are creating MsgPlus! for us. And well... There is not much I may give "back" to you, not much I can do to compencate the pleasure I get from software created by you. But I just want you to know one thing: I adrore both Messenger Plus! and you
I couldn't agree more with you :P

I am one of the persons that CAN'T live without Messenger Plus! I JUST need it. But I'm not refering just to the program, I'm also refering to this GREAT community you've created and that each time gets bigger and bigger and bigger. I can't imagine myself without using Plus! or reading the forums, or waiting for you to anounce new features :P

You just have to read the Messenger Plus! Community forums history ( http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=18557&page=1 ) and you'll notice how many ppl is involved, and how long this community has existed and will continue existing...

Patchou, thanks :)

This post was edited on 09-27-2004 at 06:22 PM by Chrono.
09-27-2004 06:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
Plus! is great! The community is great! And guess what is behind all of that... You are, Patchou! You are the greatest! I will always support Plus! Everybody should.
[Image: signature.php]
09-27-2004 06:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
I agree with everyone here. Plus is great, so is the community.
Patchou. I dont know any other developer that works so hard on a program that they then offer as freeware! You have my support :)
09-27-2004 06:24 PM
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
I fully agree with you, Patchou. Having worked with you in Messenger Plus!, I must say that you really put a lot of effort in this project, and it shows.

Some people are just too paranoid about spyware, adware, copycats, people stealing others' ideas, greedy corporations doing dodgy "freeware", and all that.

In this world, anyone who is honest, talented or at least a bit generous to any given community is automatically tagged as greedy, egoist, and deceitful.

Luckily, you were able to convince a big part of the "paranoid mass", shall we say :P, and at least all this huge forum member base supports you (almost) completely.

Keep it up!

PS: Can I get the plasma? :gfdrin:

This post was edited on 09-27-2004 at 07:29 PM by Guido.
09-27-2004 07:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
So much already said, no need for me to say it all again.
You have the support of millions of users, including mine.

We all adore your work, keep it up and don't let those few individuals get you down ;)
09-27-2004 07:30 PM
brian

– / Male / –
Patchou, We all support you, we will be always in your side, Look, guys, think about it this way, If you ever coded a program, you just get bored about a bit of time, because no one is using it, you'll tell yourself: "No one is using it, why am i working" But when we support Patchou, he can do the ultimate, Look at the current Messenger Plus! Lots of fans, lots of people, Doesn't he love to go to site's such as Plus! lite, and people trying to help, support, submit bugs, trying to enhance the experiance, This should be done for a reason, Look, Patchou, if he attached this small optional sponser program, He just wants a bit of thank you, He should be really nice, as he always fixes bugs, friendly, never left a bug with saying that he doesn't like that, or that's long, he tries, and tries, and give's us the best product, I love Messenger Plus! I try my most to help on Messenger Plus! forums and IRC Channel, I am an official helper in Francais and help whenever i have the time in the english channel, Honestly, i have Messenger Plus! Sponser installed, because i think Patchou needs support, what is it, a toolbar that hooks up in Internet explorer, and some popups, To support a program, That can not be compared with a bit of popups and a toolbar, Don't you think he's tired sometimes, he's a human, sometimes gets mad as we do, when something doesn't work, and then you figure out it was a small variable bug (strName & srtName, i get really mad, but look, he's a nice person, a human that thinks about others, and have an Optional thankyou, he doesn't tell you that you Should tell him thank you, but If you do, that would be nice.

Just to tell you.

Thanks Patchou, We will be always supporting you, and helping you! THANKS!

Edit: By the way, i live in Montreal too, West Island, Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Maybe i should drop at laval one day =P

This post was edited on 09-27-2004 at 07:38 PM by brian.
09-27-2004 07:34 PM
The Napster

I seriously need to change this pic

– / Male / –
Well everithings been said so ill keep it short :D :

1st of all :bow: hail Patchou!

And i probably couldnt live widout Plus! its become almost more inportant that MSN messenger :P itself.

I think: F**k those people who install the sponsor programs cuz they dont read and then say its all ur fault. Cuz its not.

quote:
Thanks Patchou, We will be always supporting you, and helping you! THANKS!
Yup

Finally: Thank you Patchou for putting so much time and effort in to this great piece of work, Plus!, for us users!

GO PATCHOU!
[Image: globesig2.png]
09-27-2004 07:54 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

Its the horrible truth, unfortunately people out there are arrogant and make up their own stories and listen to rumours about things, and tell that to people, sometimes even take it out on you Patchou.

But most users on this forum know that when somebody reports a bug or anything, you are the first on the case, sending a post, and sorting it out the best way possible, I think it is safe to say that we all respect you for this, and understand that nothing is perfect, and never can be. 

As you probably know, whenever anything is mentioned about the adware, we step in and tell them how to uninstall it, and explain about the option, we're all here for you and backing you up mate!!

This software 'Messenger Plus!' is probably the greatest extension for messenger that there will ever be, and the one main thing that I respect you for is that; you get all of this money, and you don't really think about the luxuries, you just spend your money on things that you require, or things that you need, maybe on the things that you want, but you're still a nice guy, many people at your stage would probably already be making people pay for this software, but you just give it out as freeware. A lot of people with adware in their programs probably wouldn't give you a choice in whether you want to install it or not, but you do, for the mere fact that you are proud, and you don't want peoples computers ruined, one last thing, you're not a geek, you're just talented.
09-27-2004 08:19 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: