What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Help fix bugs in Floating Contacts

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Help fix bugs in Floating Contacts
Author: Message:
brian

– / Male / –
RE: Help fix bugs in Floating Contacts
I have sent an email to you, Patchou.
09-28-2004 08:07 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
KirbySSB

Being able to put your contacts on your desktop rules!

However, I spent the last 4+ hours making a nice background to store all of my contacts. It worked great until I restarted my computer and they ALL scrambled. :S I don't want to replace them all every time I restart my computer. PLEASE make it so they can stay where you put them! I don't want my 4 hour background to go to waste!

Also -- Not only do they scramble but they return to the colors you set as default. I sort my contacts using the seperate boarder colors. If it could save this information that would be awesome, I want to keep my list on my desktop.

Thank you Patchou and I'm looking forward to new improvements. You've made MSN infinitely better than AIM.
09-29-2004 08:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by KirbySSB
Being able to put your contacts on your desktop rules!

However, I spent the last 4+ hours making a nice background to store all of my contacts. It worked great until I restarted my computer and they ALL scrambled. I don't want to replace them all every time I restart my computer. PLEASE make it so they can stay where you put them! I don't want my 4 hour background to go to waste!

Also -- Not only do they scramble but they return to the colors you set as default. I sort my contacts using the seperate boarder colors. If it could save this information that would be awesome, I want to keep my list on my desktop.

Thank you Patchou and I'm looking forward to new improvements. You've made MSN infinitely better than AIM.

after u have selected your colours you want. click "set as default" and it will save the colours u have chosen
09-29-2004 08:21 PM
KirbySSB

RE: RE: Help fix bugs in Floating Contacts
quote:
Originally posted by toddy
after u have selected your colours you want. click "set as default" and it will save the colours u have chosen

I know but I have the females with purple outline, males with blue. When I restart my computer ALL contacts scramble all over my desktop and all turn to the default (which I set as blue outline). This makes me have to replace them ALL, and switch the outline color back to purple for all the girls on my list.
09-29-2004 08:26 PM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
well u can use Choli's  "Plus! Tweak!" that can set the color for each contact Separately. Plus! Tweak! for Plus! 3.20 :)

when u do it on your desktop, it just sets a defualt for all of them, choli's plus! tweak! can set it for each contact
09-29-2004 08:32 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by toddy
well u can use Choli's  "Plus! Tweak!" that can set the color for each contact Separately. Plus! Tweak! for Plus! 3.20

when u do it on your desktop, it just sets a defualt for all of them, choli's plus! tweak! can set it for each contact
Using Choli's tweaker or using the rightclick menu is EXACTLY the same.

At least it should be, and that is also the thing that KirbySSB is talking about (and the others); it is exactly the bug what Patchou is talking about: The settings for the contacts aren't always saved properly (on top, colors, etc... etc...). And if it isn't saved properly then it can't be read and it will change to the default settings...

This post was edited on 09-29-2004 at 09:07 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-29-2004 09:05 PM
KirbySSB

I wouldn't mind it as much, except look at this! I spent so much time on it and if I have to replace them all every time I restart my computer.. screw it then :( but on the news page it said "Never use your contact list again!" and that sounded awesome.

[Image: UberpwnDesktop.th.jpg]

Click for large.
09-29-2004 09:10 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
It was never meant as a replacement for your entire contactlist... Also, the bug will be fixed (and new things added). Have patience ;)

Also "Never use your contact list again!" is a catchfrase, an advertisement banner. And catchfrases in advertising should rarely taken 100% seriously (watch the TV and some commercials, you'll know what I mean ;)). Although you _could_ put your entire list on the desktop, but as said, it was never meant for that. The purpose of the floating contacts is that you can always keep an eye on those few special persons without opening your contact list....

This post was edited on 09-29-2004 at 09:21 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-29-2004 09:16 PM
KirbySSB

I guess it's just a waiting game (H)

And yeah I know it's not supposed to be an entire replacement but I never use my desktop anyway.
09-29-2004 09:46 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Help fix bugs in Floating Contacts
Sorry for this problem, it has been fixed in version 3.21. In the meantime, just remember to sign-out before you exit Messenger and your floating windows will be saved :)
[Image: signature2.gif]
09-30-2004 02:39 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: