What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN Messenger 7

Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
MSN Messenger 7
Author: Message:
reisyboy
Elite Member

Messenger Oldie ;-)

35 / Male / –
O.P. MSN Messenger 7
Well its been talked about sooo long and now atlast its there :-O

quote:
Back in May, 2003 we exclusively revealed MSN Messenger 6.0. This time around it's 6.0's bigger brother, 7.0. MSN Messenger is clearly progressing in this early look at 7.0. You now have the ability to sign in as busy/away/offline etc which will please a lot of people. 3 Degrees is finally encorporated into MSN Messenger (something I had been writing about for more than a year). The interface is cleaner, smarter and the features are great!

Winks: Winks allow you to send kisses, hearts and all sorts of silly cartoons to your contacts.

Nudge: Nudge allows you to send a "shake" to your contact. Both your own and your contacts MSN Messenger window will shake, much like how Internet Explorer windows shake using the correct javascript.

Download packs: Download packs will allow users to grab winks/emoticons/display pictures and backgrounds straight from MSN. As these currently don't work we were unable to test them.

Games: As always MSN Messenger comes with games but these are currently down so we're unsure if there are any new titles.

Activities: Activities allow you to share files, calendars, photos and perform tasks such as remote assistance.

Deluxe Display Pictures: Although these are unavailable it seems like MSN are going to supply animated display pictures.

The build in question is 7.0.0205 and carries the beta tag throughout. The main MSN Messenger window is redesigned to show your display picture and includes the ability to scroll through tabs. There's no new options in the main options menu but you can change the position of the tab icons. When a contact signs in using MSN Messenger 6 or above you get the contacts display picture on the sign in toast. Custom emoticons are still the same, they still do not animate or allow animated GIFs etc. Check out the screenshots below for more features and the general user interface. MSN Messenger 7.0 is expected to be released into beta on November 11 with a general "MSN Messenger Wave 10" release as late as February 2005. We'll keep you updated but for now enjoy the screenshots.

Reliable as its Neowin lol :)

[Image: contactlist.PNG]

Full Screens can be found Here!
Reisyboy: He is the priest to guide us from evil.. which isn’t working… so we call him Frier Tuck
09-29-2004 09:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
DarKnight

I am Canadian.

40 / Male / –
RE: MSN Messenger 7
Nice. I think it looks good. Can't wait for when betas get out. :)
                [Image: Sig.png]
Windows XP SP2, MSN Messenger: 7.0.0777, Messenger Plus!: 3.50.124
09-29-2004 09:33 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Joe

35 / Other / Flag
:Pabout time
[Image: holidayssigei2.jpg]
09-29-2004 09:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
*cough* yahoo messenger *cough* if you havent experience the new yahoo messenger yet, just go download it, it'll be like msn messenger 7. heh...i laugh at the fact, i got rid of yahoo messenger for those reasons...they annoyed me, and they're coming back :(

but we dont know if its really true, do we? :dodgy:

This post was edited on 09-29-2004 at 09:46 PM by marissa.
09-29-2004 09:36 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
BEWARE^^

I'm Ready I'm Ready I'm Ready I'm Re

37 / Other / –
well then i have to wait with downloading the new version of msn messenger untill i comeback from france (arround 7april i'll be back then) i hope it doesnt take longer then that :P

note one more post and i have "200 posts"

This post was edited on 09-29-2004 at 09:50 PM by BEWARE^^.
[Image: .jpg]
if you need help with unrealircd tell me and i will help ya out.
09-29-2004 09:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Joe

35 / Other / Flag
Personally, I think the winks'll get annoying, i was testing the Beta of Three Degrees and yeah, it got pretty annoying...

This post was edited on 09-29-2004 at 09:49 PM by Joe.
[Image: holidayssigei2.jpg]
09-29-2004 09:47 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Everything I've read so far about this beta (on other forums) is the same: "bloated", "useless things added", "annoying nudge/winks", "yahoo messenger"...

And tbh, this time I must agree with them. If this is the true direction they are taking, then it will stop right there for me....

But, only time will tell.... We'll see....
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-29-2004 10:22 PM
lizard.boy
Veteran Member

33 / Male / Flag
if microsoft was really good theyd detect weather you had style xp (legal visual styles) installed and skin the contact window to the visual style.
09-29-2004 10:23 PM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Everything I've read so far about this beta (on other forums) is the same: "bloated", "useless things added", "annoying nudge/winks", "yahoo messenger"...

And tbh, this time I must agree with them. If this is the true direction they are taking, then it will stop right there for me....

But, only time will tell.... We'll see....

maybe you will be able to disable it ????

and if not, maybe patchou could make messenger plus stop things like nudge
09-29-2004 10:26 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by toddy
maybe you will be able to disable it ????
and if not, maybe patchou could make messenger plus stop things like nudge
That's besides the point, it shouldn't be there in the first place. They might as well add an "Flood all your contacts at once"-option....

Why are this kind of things added (if they are true at least) and not more things like choosing your signin status (which is btw also added). If you read thru the "features", you only notice a very few of such features. All other things are annoying UI bells and whistles which most people will disable immediatly (if at all possible)....

I remember the official msn messenger chat with microsoft. There was only talk about real, usefull stuff, not things like these....

Sorry MS(N), this time, I'm not with you :p Please proof me wrong in 2005 ;)

This post was edited on 09-29-2004 at 10:34 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-29-2004 10:32 PM
Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: