What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Plus! and Messenger 7

Pages: (12): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Plus! and Messenger 7
Author: Message:
brianjdupuis

40 / Male / –
RE: Plus! and Messenger 7
Can you remove the search thing in the new messenger too its kinda annoying LOL?
10-04-2004 04:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user503
Disabled Account

removed

This post was edited on 07-09-2016 at 02:34 AM by user503.
10-04-2004 05:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
RE: RE: Plus! and Messenger 7
quote:
Originally posted by dannyres
It would be possible to remove the Search box if Patchou does decided he will modify the UIFILE (which it doesnt look like so I dunno :P)  but there are patches that can remove it for you all around :)

Dan

Personally i wouldnt use MSN Messenger7 atm till the Flaw thats been reported is fixed unless ya want a hacker gaining control of ya system

As MSN Messenger 7 goes into private beta, Neowin has learned of several exploits resulting in the "winks" feature of MSN Messenger 7. A Neowin member wishing to remain anonymous has alerted us that users can generate their own flash movies and send them across MSN Messenger. As flash movies can open other things on the system such as Internet Explorer, this could be fatal. As MSN Messenger 7 is only beta and isn't available publically this isn't a major exploit but it does show that added features to a product like this makes it less secure and more open to attack/exploit.

MSN Messenger 7 is beta and is available in copies floating around the internet. We strongly advise members not to use the current beta until this flaw has been resolved. MSN Messenger 7 effectively opens your system up to allow a hacker to run numerous tasks on your machine.

We ask members not to post any exploit code or how to exploit MSN Messenger 7, thank you.
10-04-2004 11:57 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
From the IRC #MsgPlus channel (30 minutes ago)

<Patchou> hey everyone
<Patchou> who's interested in some Messenger 7 compatibility news?
<Patchou> ok... well, I'm happy to say that after 3 nights, a lot of pepsi and some sushi, Plus! is already 2/3 compatible with Messenger 7
<Patchou> the big work I'll have to do now is support the new contact list interface to find a way to add the Plus! icon, support customer names, etc...
<Patchou> ... and you can tell people that it's nice if they want to test but I already have my tester list :)
<Patchou> anyway, with some luck, I'll release a version entirely compatible by the end of the month, maybe before depending on how it goes
<Patchou> see ya all later
<Time> this is compatible with which build in specific?
<Patchou> with all builds.. Plus! is not a crack ;)
<Patchou> it takes more than a buildchange to break it
<Time> haha, nice
* Patchou (~tidus@MsgPlus-F830AB4C.sympatico.ca) Quit
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-05-2004 12:56 AM
BooGhost
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
that's grrrrrrrreat NEWS :banana:
10-05-2004 03:57 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
quote:
Personally i wouldnt use MSN Messenger7 atm till the Flaw thats been reported is fixed unless ya want a hacker gaining control of ya system
You see, that's why alpha versions should never be released... Microsoft didn't even wanted to distribute this pre-beta version, now people have installed it and are complaining because of all the bugs. You know, if this version was perfect, the release date wouldn't be set to February 2005 :).

As for Plus!, I confirm that things are going well for the Messenger 7 compatibility update, the big stress part is now behind me, I can now start concentrating on changing everything related tothe contact list (the way the contact list was accessed had not changed much since Messenger 4). Don't worry, you'll have a Plus! for Messenger 7 in no time :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
10-05-2004 05:52 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
find_your_spot

– / Male / Flag
<:o) Good work patchou (Y)
[Image: sig.jpg]
10-05-2004 06:41 AM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
RE: RE: Plus! and Messenger 7
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
quote:
You see, that's why alpha versions should never be released... Microsoft didn't even wanted to distribute this pre-beta version, now people have installed it and are complaining because of all the bugs. You know, if this version was perfect, the release date wouldn't be set to February 2005 :).

As for Plus!, I confirm that things are going well for the Messenger 7 compatibility update, the big stress part is now behind me, I can now start concentrating on changing everything related tothe contact list (the way the contact list was accessed had not changed much since Messenger 4). Don't worry, you'll have a Plus! for Messenger 7 in no time :).

thats why i never installed it.. , but Patchou your doing a Great job  with Plus compatibility in 7  :)
10-05-2004 07:40 AM
riley

mypreciousmusic.com

wow that's great news patchou! thx for the update
*crosses fingers that stuffplugNG also will work with 7*
live for today, 'cause yesterday's gone and tomorrow may never come

[Image: lifehouse_400x149_001_copy1.jpg]

My Precious Music
10-05-2004 08:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report