What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN Messenger 7.0.0250 BETA

Pages: (10): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
MSN Messenger 7.0.0250 BETA
Author: Message:
ayjay

– / Male / Flag
RE: MSN Messenger 7.0.0250 BETA
I'm confused about deluxe d/p. In the d/p panel thing I can see all the regular pics but none under the deluxe section. I clicked change d/p like someone posted but I see nothing to do with deluxe ones.
10-03-2004 02:43 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
And if you say they wont be animated please post a source so u can prove it
Err... shouldn't you post a source to prove they "will" be animated, since their name says "deluxe", not "animated"? :rolleyes:

This post was edited on 10-03-2004 at 02:50 PM by Guido.
10-03-2004 02:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Why are you so negitive? the point of DDPs are that they are animated. And if you say they wont be animated please post a source so u can prove it
I did not say they were not animated! I said they wont be the thing that you think it will be. And I'm not negative, I'm stating a fact. And for more details see the link that I posted in my previous post (I suggest you to read it and follow the links and references given there; I'm not going to repeat everything here what has been said months ago in dedicated threads).

This post was edited on 10-03-2004 at 04:44 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-03-2004 04:41 PM
dragon2611

Shocked  RE: MSN Messenger 7.0.0250 BETA
the winks dont work on my desktop pc it keeps saying i needs to install the latest flash player

thing is ive already done that and its still happening
10-03-2004 08:25 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
I did not say they were not animated! I said they wont be the thing that you think it will be. And I'm not negative, I'm stating a fact. And for more details see the link that I posted in my previous post (I suggest you to read it and follow the links and references given there; I'm not going to repeat everything here what has been said months ago in dedicated threads).

OK but how do you know they arnt the thing im thinking they're gonna be? I belive your post on the threads was that MSN Server system couldnt do animated DPs (correct me if im wrong...) If thats the case then MSN could changed the system a bit you know. Like they did for the non grouped contacts in our contact lists.
10-03-2004 08:43 PM
DarKnight

I am Canadian.

40 / Male / –
I noticed lvback.gif doesn't work anymore. :(
                [Image: Sig.png]
Windows XP SP2, MSN Messenger: 7.0.0777, Messenger Plus!: 3.50.124
10-03-2004 08:49 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
OK but how do you know they arnt the thing im thinking they're gonna be? I belive your post on the threads was that MSN Server system couldnt do animated DPs (correct me if im wrong...) If thats the case then MSN could changed the system a bit you know. Like they did for the non grouped contacts in our contact lists.
I'm sorry but no that has nothing todo with it... So reread the post again and follow all the given links before posting further on this subject. It is briefly but clearly stated what they actually are and how they work. If you want to know more details follow the given links in that post...

This post was edited on 10-03-2004 at 09:00 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-03-2004 08:53 PM
lotacus

RE: RE: MSN Messenger 7.0.0250 BETA
quote:
Originally posted by dragon2611
the winks dont work on my desktop pc it keeps saying i needs to install the latest flash player

thing is ive already done that and its still happening

it's because you've installed some hack that modified msn messenger 7. I installed the mess.be games pack thing and the winks wouldn't work. I then uninstalled it and they work fine now.
10-03-2004 11:56 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
siebe

37 / Male / –
DPs ARE animated Gifs, they only loop once. Send a GIF over the protocol and it will show it, but it DOESNT animate.. Yet. I think that either the support hasnt been finished yet or de MSN Object should be changed somehow in order to make it animate.

Animated GIFs are also used for animated emoticons (They work!). If you add one itll show up crap to you, but the other contact sees it animated. Can also easily be done using the protocol, just send a GIF instead of a PNG.

Winks can be exploited -- The code in the Flash files is unprotected, anyone with a bit knowledge can run any actionscripting on your PC as they like. Someone made a patch that disables every P2P crap using memory, but mind you, that also disables DP/s and everything. I suggest you use a Hex Editor and simply change the GUID's of the INVITEs used for transferring Winks (So Messenger will decline them as it does not know what it is).

MSGR7 has a lot of bugs, but overall its a very nice beta. Too bad some stuff hasnt been finished yet. But oh well, can't have everythiing now, can we ;)
10-04-2004 07:59 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Stijn

Just Me

32 / Male / –
I think that the beta they are gonna release is going to be called msn messenger 6.8 or msn messenger 7.0 without the beta and then call the one that is going to relaesed in 2005 7.2 or 7.<something> cause they told me that they don't release public beta's @ least that's what i heard!!
10-04-2004 02:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (10): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: