What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » CANT USE MSN 7. HELP

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
CANT USE MSN 7. HELP
Author: Message:
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. CANT USE MSN 7. HELP
i have msn 7 beta installed with polygamy and sumthing to get rid of the beta fing and sum uva visual stufff.....

when i try to log in a box comes up 'a new version of msn is available, would u like to download'
-yes
-no
or something along those lines come up....whats going on?? cant i use msn 7 beta???...

if i click no it goes back to the sign in screen, if i click yes it trys to install msn 6.2...
plz help, thanks

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
10-07-2004 06:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
RE: CANT USE MSN 7. HELP
u didnt here about it??.. someone posted in neowin that msn messenger 7 beta will be closing down due to hackers being able to play flash using winks and stuff like that.. so they are forcing everyone to download 6.2....

there is more information but i forgot what topic i heard this from!! oh ya go to the topic msnger 7 and msg plus
10-07-2004 06:46 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
i have msn 7 beta installed with polygamy and sumthing to get rid of the beta fing and sum uva visual stufff.....

when i try to log in a box comes up 'a new version of msn is available, would u like to download'
-yes
-no
or something along those lines come up....whats going on?? cant i use msn 7 beta???...

if i click no it goes back to the sign in screen, if i click yes it trys to install msn 6.2...
plz help, thanks

well, Microsoft decided to do this cause the beta version isnt secure. there are some MAYOR security risks with it

Though, if u really want to keep it, use this patch :):
Mnjul edit: Chrono: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=32...d=317783#pid317783

This post was edited on 10-07-2004 at 03:26 PM by Mnjul.
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
10-07-2004 06:48 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: CANT USE MSN 7. HELP
thanks alot.....dint hear nefin bout msn 7 shutting *-)

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
10-07-2004 06:50 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
thanks alot.....dint hear nefin bout msn 7 shutting *-)

There is a thread about it here: Important Announcement Please Downgrade Msn Messenger 7 to 6.2

Why is this thread in bug reports, surely it has nothing to do with Msgplus, hasn't anyone noticed this yet?
10-07-2004 07:10 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Shlap

who doesn't love william hung?

32 / Male / –
Oh man! Just when i was getting used to the 'sign in as' thing they find majour security risks! When are they going to re-release it does anyone know? Anywaz it was a TINY bit unstable and buggy so it's probably betta this way.
A digital camera is a LEATHAL WEAPON!!

(well, in my hands!:p)
10-07-2004 09:19 AM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
i really like messenger 7.0 its really cool looking i hope they do fix the problems and rerelease it it would be a shame if there was no further versions of messenger just cause this one didnt work out as planed. its getting rediculous i mean microsoft launches a new version of the msn premium browser every year but cant release an updated version of internet explorer when they finally release a new piece of software msn 7.0 its so buggy they have to discontinue its beta and ie7 aint due to release until longhorn in 2006 why the hell do microsoft keep us waiting for good software.
10-07-2004 10:52 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
they didn't discontinued anything! They are still working on MSN Messenger 7. They did this because they know of the security leak and they know that everybody was using the beta while people really shouldn't use it! They did this for you're own protection!!!!!
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-07-2004 11:19 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
oh ok cool i dont mind then stopping the beta as long as they release a new version at some point.
10-07-2004 11:42 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Jimcando

34 / Male / Flag
ive heard that they r downgrading everyone who uses MSN messenger 7 because we're not supposed to have it: its not a public beta.

cant wait til the final version is released, but thats not for ages... altough it wud make a gd b-day present for me ;)
10-07-2004 12:33 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: