What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Can't remove ad!

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Can't remove ad!
Author: Message:
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Can't remove ad!
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
This is the search bar from the Optional Sponsor program when it is installed. Do not use Spyware Remover programs to uninstall the Sponsor. Reinstall Messenger Plus! without the sponsor, Uninstall it, and reinstall it if you wish.
I swore I said this as well :P
quote:
Originally posted by Matty.
This is the search bar from the Optional Sponsor program when it is installed. Do not use Spyware Remover programs to uninstall the Sponsor. Reinstall Messenger Plus! with the sponsor, Uninstall it, and reinstall it if you wish.

This post was edited on 10-08-2004 at 01:32 AM by matty.
10-08-2004 01:30 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
lol.. yeas but you also gave other instructions in the same message.. those are the one and only instructions anybody should follow. The uninstaller that is present on C2Media's web site is for software who don'y give access to the uninstaller themselves (and those software are not "banished" from C2Media do to their own new policies).
[Image: signature2.gif]
10-08-2004 02:02 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
someone52

O.P. RE: Can't remove ad!
Well anyway thx for the info. It worked!
10-08-2004 11:10 PM
Gabgooba

I tried uninstalling it with the sponsor and then reinstalling it, and it still appears for me.

Now what?!
10-10-2004 09:10 PM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
Make sure you have completely closed your browser (that means making sure its not running in taskmanager)
And then try to uninstall it.
Closing the browser means that the ad can be removed properly
10-10-2004 09:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Gabgooba

Right now, Plus! is uninstalled, and the browser was closed when I uninstalled it.
But when I open IE, I still get this accursed toolbar (that doesn't even work, I might add), and pop-ups every once in a while.

Grr...
10-10-2004 09:28 PM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
If you used a program like Ad-aware inbetween the last install and the last reinstall then you need to reinstall with the sponsor to repair the files.
If you have alredy done this then i apologise and i dont know what is stoping it from uninstalling properly
10-10-2004 09:32 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Gabgooba

I didn't use ad-aware, but a while back I did try to delete a few files. However I've reinstalled Plus! three times, with no luck.
10-10-2004 09:33 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Gabgooba: I suggest you try again by reinstalling the sponsor with Messenger Plus! 3.21. In version 3.20 I was testing delayed insstallation of the sponsor and this could have prevented you from reinstalling all the sponsorfiles properly.

Because of the feedback I got about delayed install, I removed it from the setup (again, to avoid misunderstandings) so installing version 3.21 will reinstall all the sponsor files instantly.
[Image: signature2.gif]
10-10-2004 09:57 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Gabgooba

Thank you, Patchou, that worked splendidly! My old installer was 320.

Also, to avoid making another topic, I was wondering if you could just answer me this questio about the POP3 e-mail feature, I couldn't find it anywhere in the FAQs.

Okay, well, it isn't working. The server I enter, should it be the home page of the site, or the home page of the mail part of the site?
I'm using http://www.yahoo.ca (.ca, not .com), and am having trouble. Should the 110 be changed? Am I missing something here?
10-10-2004 10:12 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: