What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » When Is The Next Version Released?

Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 » Last »
When Is The Next Version Released?
Author: Message:
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
RE: When Is The Next Version Released?
quote:
Originally posted by The Napster

All he said was that the next release wont be conbaible with MSN Messenger 7. Just to clarify
Exactly, this doesn't mean version 4, it could, but not likely in any way. Just so stuartbennett and others like him can understand...
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
10-10-2004 08:42 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
x2zen

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: When Is The Next Version Released?
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
How do you know what Stuart said isn't true, he might be correct, as MSN 7.0 hasn't officially been released yet, and if patchou releases msgplus! for MSN 7.0 then i think that microsoft will know that something dodgy is going on or something... He might do it towards christmas or something, because I think thats when its meant to come out fully.

Search the forum.....And Patchou made Messenger 6 work in version 2.20.52, and Messenger 6.1 in version 2.21.54 and Messenger 6.2 in version 2.54.75, so why should Patchou raise the version number to version 4 with Messenger 7?

This post was edited on 10-10-2004 at 09:00 AM by x2zen.
10-10-2004 08:51 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by A. Madsen
Search the forum.....And Patchou made Messenger 6 work in version 2.20.52, and Messenger 6.1 in version 2.21.54 and Messenger 6.2 in version 2.54.75, so why should Patchou raise the version number to version 4 with Messenger 7?

I only said that Stuart might be correct, i didn't once back up that version 4 was going to come out when msn 7.0 came out. Its just hard to say whether or not 4 will come out with it, I severely doubt it, as 2 came out in november i believe, and 3 came out early september, I'm positive that it takes hours, days, weeks and months to code messenger plus, especially if its a new version completely. I doubt that messenger plus! 4 will come out until around april/march
10-10-2004 08:55 AM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: When Is The Next Version Released?
hey anubus look from my understanding its most likely gonna be version 4 let me explain why. this new version that patchous releasing on the 10th of october is 3.2 something that means only minor updates and bugs fixes are gonna be released in it as someone said earlier on in this thread. they also said that major changes like support for new versions of messenger are such major recoding projects that they are only made in new full versions like 4 and seeing as patchou knows that msn 7.0 is going to be released in the not too distant future it seems only logical that he will hold off on writting a new full version of plus until msn 7.0 is released as why would anyone write one new full version with major updates in it only to then a month or so later have to write another just to add msn 7.0 support. and the next full version in numerical order is 4 so therefore im right in that sense. hey i dont know for sure no but considering whats been said above i doubt hes gonna redo the whole software to support msn 7.0 in a basic build update is he please think about it.
10-10-2004 08:57 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
x2zen

34 / Male / Flag
Oh Stuart you are so wrong.

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou in http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=32...d=314994#pid314994
PS: there won't be any Messenger Plus! 4 for Messenger 7... there's abslotelu no link between the Messenger majorversions and Plus! ones .

This post was edited on 10-10-2004 at 09:01 AM by x2zen.
10-10-2004 09:00 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
hey anubus look from my understanding its most likely gonna be version 4 let me explain why. this new version that patchous releasing on the 10th of october is 3.2 something that means only minor updates and bugs fixes are gonna be released in it as someone said earlier on in this thread. they also said that major changes like support for new versions of messenger are such major recoding projects that they are only made in new full versions like 4 and seeing as patchou knows that msn 7.0 is going to be released in the not too distant future it seems only logical that he will hold off on writting a new full version of plus until msn 7.0 is released as why would anyone write one new full version with major updates in it only to then a month or so later have to write another just to add msn 7.0 support. and the next full version in numerical order is 4 so therefore im right in that sense. hey i dont know for sure no but considering whats been said above i doubt hes gonna redo the whole software to support msn 7.0 in a basic build update is he please think about it.

I doubt that msgplus 4 will come out with msn 7, it doesn't generally matter whether a new version will come out, in the past, patchou has made it compatible, and tested it on the version of msn that he has, Patchou knew that 6.20137 was coming out, but he still used his version of msn, this is the reason why the advertisement banner wouldn't hide in 6.20137, I think that patchou will start to recode msgplus when he has the time, and knows that all of the idea's are up in front of him, which I'm sure they are, until then, i'm afraid, we'll just have to wait until we recieve word from Patchou himself.
10-10-2004 09:02 AM
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
Msg capatability with MSN7 will just be a minor number change eg 3.21 -> 3.22 or 3.3
I highly doubt it will be an update to 4.0
Chestah
Segosa is newb.
10-10-2004 09:18 AM
The One

I am the Alpha and the Omega.

34 / Male / –
The version coming out today is 3.21, the version with compatibility to MSN 7 is 3.25.
-B.
10-10-2004 09:27 AM
roadman2

and how do you now that ?
10-10-2004 09:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
x2zen

34 / Male / Flag
Because its true, believe me