What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » IMAP Email Checking?

IMAP Email Checking?
Author: Message:
moose_nz

O.P. IMAP Email Checking?
Hey guys (and Pathou).

There's one very tiny feature that would be so helpful if it were implemented.

Basically there is pop3 support for checking new emails and I've used it before. It's great! But unfortunately all my email accounts are now IMAP, which is a bit different as the messages are stored on the server. If I use pop to check it, it tells me I have 1000 unread messages, which is obviously not what I want.

I've found the same problem in many third party email checkers. I have one now that supports IMAP, however, it would be so much easier if it was just built straight into plus.

I mean everything is there for pop, it would be a minor (but extrememly useful) change to support imap as well.

Keep up the good work on Plus. It's great and I use it lots. :)
10-10-2004 12:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Vantage

Bam

– / Male / –
RE: IMAP Email Checking?
Why dont you just find one that works with the IMAP and have it run when you startup windows :S
Never Hope. Always Wish.
10-10-2004 12:42 AM
moose_nz

O.P. RE: RE: IMAP Email Checking?
quote:
Originally posted by Vantage
Why dont you just find one that works with the IMAP and have it run when you startup windows :S

Ah yes, but the whole point is to have it streamlined. Similarily, why don't people just get a separate pop3 checker? Because it's far easier to have it integrated into something you use all the time. No separate download, no separate updates etc.

The fact that the basic functionality is already there is also another reason I don't think it's an unreasonable request, it's just a matter of supporting the imap protocal, which is widely used and well documented :)

As a side note, I already have one of these, but it pisses me off, I'd much prefer to have it look the same and interact with plus, since I use that heavily.

Also this one one can have the count of unread mail messages on the windows xp login screen and other useful little extras.
10-10-2004 12:51 AM
vlio

– / Male / –
I would find it very usefull too !
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we (GW Bush)

[Image: vlio.png]
10-10-2004 09:09 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
lamaral

Hey guys? I'm looking for same feature... Can I help on develop this?

Tks.
Luis Amaral.
02-15-2005 03:46 PM
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lamaral
Hey guys? I'm looking for same feature... Can I help on develop this?

I doubt it, I can't see a way that a plugin could configure Plus to be able to check IMAP.
Unless it part of it was a process which checks IMAP e-mail accounts, and then a plugin can retrieve the infomation from the process that checks the account and display it in a Plus! toast. It may be a little tricky to do, but with a lot of work, yes it could be done.
As for making this into a Plus! feature atm, Patchou isn't doing much feature adding, just working out problems with 3.50...I can see this being put in the future though. You may need to get a lot of people to show their interest though...
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
02-15-2005 03:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Ezra
Veteran Member

Forgiveness is between them and God

37 / Male / Flag
I would like this feature also, so you have my interest :)
[Image: 1-0.png]

02-15-2005 09:49 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: