What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » 9/11, 2001, the game

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
9/11, 2001, the game
Author: Message:
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
RE: 9/11, 2001, the game
Well, to be honest, you can't make a game that won't piss someone off. Games like the Matrix (and the movie) are frowned apon by parents of little children, who say that there should be no more violent game. No one can make everyone happy. But still, the people chose a really touchy subject, and I know that American people in particular might feel offended, which is bad for the game producers since Americans play the most video games.

Anyways, since I'm turning this post into a Cookie rant, I'll stop. But just remember that there's one in every crowd.
[Image: 7.png]
10-11-2004 01:21 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Omar
Spammin' Member!

I have Chrono in my hands! MWAHAHA!!

47 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by leejeffery
i thought that nobody was ever allowed to make a film, game or any other type of media based on 9/11
why not....? why is that different on doing a WW2 game about the assault at normandie or a vietnam one, where the US military bruned entire villages with people in ther homes...
quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
I'm not too sure of the appropriateness of this game tbh.
And I guess a game where you're shooting people like a maniac, or buy drugs or go with prostitutes is appropaiate.... besides.... nobody "owns" the rights for the 9/11 event....so basically anybody can profit from it...as long as you dont "name names"... :P
quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
Well, to be honest, you can't make a game that won't piss someone off.
Exactly (y)

This post was edited on 10-11-2004 at 02:18 PM by Omar.
Comunidad Hispana Oficial del Messenger Plus!  
TReKiE, you might as well face it... you are a dutchie (clogs, tulips and all that) :banana:
10-11-2004 02:15 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
These game designers are putting alot on the line by making this game. 
10-11-2004 06:35 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk

It's not so much the content, it's the proximity to the event I believe. Personally, I'm not against it, but I'm not all for it either.
Indeed, this event is so close to our history to be made into a game, there are still people with emotional grievance about this event that could be stirred up by this game...The Titanic was so long ago many of the relatives who have lost loved ones in that event have long forgotten about it and will be very old now. The only games with a historical link in that I have played and really not seen a problem with that are many of the WWII games (mainly Medal of Honour: Rising sun) because that reflected on the atrocities of war as well, and why it is wrong...This game with modern events is to premature...
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
10-11-2004 06:42 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by pr0xy
These game designers are putting alot on the line by making this game.

No they're not, a lot of people will buy it to take them through all of the different events that happened, a lot of bad stuff has happened through the years, and games have been made about it, nothings being put on the line, they're producing a game about bad events that have happened, thats it, I don't see why everyone is bitching about it, i'll probably buy it, its going to be an interesting game, trying to help as many people as you can, sure, a lot of bad memories will be returning, and most of them not good, well pretty much all of them won't be good.

Like people have said, there will be films about it and everything in the near future, so I don't think there is anything anyone will do to stop it. People make games about war and terrorism all the time, this is just another one of those games.

10-11-2004 07:11 PM
Johnny_Mac
Elite Member

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
Indeed, this event is so close to our history to be made into a game, there are still people with emotional grievance about this event that could be stirred up by this game...The Titanic was so long ago many of the relatives who have lost loved ones in that event have long forgotten about it and will be very old now.
:^)

Just because an event was a long time ago it doesnt mean it doesnt have the same effect 90 odd years later. In 2093 would this game be okay because the 9/11 thing was so long ago? :undecided:

I really don't see a problem with the game, but it has to have the respect for every incident, not just 9/11 or the paraguay disaster because they're close in memory.
10-11-2004 07:16 PM
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: 9/11, 2001, the game
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
This game with modern events is to premature...

I agree the subject is a bit delicate, but all disasters should be considered equally... it's ridiculous to think that walking through the radioactivity in Hiroshima is "more OK" than saving people in ground zero. Particularly considering the Paraguay incident which I see no one complaining about (except Jmac), and that was TWO MONTHS ago, not 3 years ago (I'm not saying either should be forgotten, of course)... plus when would be OK? after 5 years? after 10 years? 20?

This post was edited on 10-11-2004 at 07:57 PM by Guido.
10-11-2004 07:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: