What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Problems with MSN? News from the source!

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
Problems with MSN? News from the source!
Author: Message:
Qucumber

– / Female / –
O.P. Problems with MSN? News from the source!
I work for MSN - this is the latest news on what is going on... thought you all might like to know! (I am sure most of you know this for the most part, but thought you might like to hear it right from the mouth of MSN)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EI: Messenger Signin and IM problmes response

Start Date/Time:
10/10/2004 21:44:39

Issue:
The .Net Messenger Service is experiencing a variety of issues that is driving a spike in incident volumes. The Messenger team is working to resolve these issues but currently there is no ETA for a resolution.

Customer Impact:
During this period customers may experience problems logging into the .Net Messenger Service, problems sending IM messages to other .Net Messenger users or other problems. 

Instructions for Support Reps:
To help resolve these issues you should respond to customers reporting problems logging in or problems sending IM messages with a multi-ticket using the text below. These tickets should not be held. They should be closed and coded as “Instant Messages -> can not send”. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will keep you posted if I hear anything else!
10-11-2004 08:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Black_Forky

RE: Problems with MSN? News from the source!
Any ideas why I can sign in with a different client but not the native msn client?
[Image: LAME.jpg]
*Caution* You could be lame if you are not careful
10-11-2004 10:29 AM
love_spreads

It's working again, loads of people have flooded on!
10-11-2004 10:41 AM
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
I signed in at 8:34pm (GMT+10)
10-11-2004 11:53 AM
saintgtril

if i not wrong, one of the reason why the server is down cos of the leak in the MSN Messenger 7.0.0250 BETA. trying to do something to the server to stop the usage of the new version again.
10-11-2004 03:28 PM
Qucumber

– / Female / –
O.P. RE: Problems with MSN? News from the source!
I am not actually at work, I am just logging into my "tools" from home... we have this website called "Support Web" that I am able to log into from home... and that is where I am checking for information.  If I were able to talk to someone from work I would tell you exactly what is going on... but my computer won't even sign INTO msn - so I am assuming the problem is not fixed.

As for the messenger 7 - I know that they are trying to get everyone to downgrade because of some security flaws in messenger 7.

New news from Support Web:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EI: RESOLVED-Messenger Signin and IM problmes response

Start Date/Time:
10/11/2004 05:50:02

Issue:
The .Net Messenger Service is experiencing a variety of issues that is driving a spike in incident volumes. The Messenger team is working to resolve these issues but currently there is no ETA for a resolution.

Customer Impact:
During this period customers may experience problems logging into the .Net Messenger Service, problems sending IM messages to other .Net Messenger users or other problems. 

To help resolve these issues you should respond to customers reporting problems logging in or problems sending IM messages with a multi-ticket using the text below. These tickets should not be held. They should be closed and coded as “Instant Messages -> can not send”. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EI: MSN Messenger - Unable to start IM conversations

Start Date/Time:
10/11/2004 07:53:41

Issue:
Users can sign into the service but are unable to initiate or participate in IM conversations. The .NET Messenger Service is temporarily experiencing difficulty. You may be unable to sign in. If you are signed in, some features may be unavailable. Please try again later. 

Customer Impact:
N/A

Please tell the customer that we are aware of this issue and are working diligently to resolve it. Apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause them.

All times are in Pacific Time - so it sounds like they are not totally sure what is going on!
10-11-2004 03:46 PM
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
I had to keep trying and trying and trying to log in to MSN and after the tenth time finally I got on I hope they fix it.
AC3
10-11-2004 03:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Qucumber

– / Female / –
O.P. RE: Problems with MSN? News from the source!
I am sure they are working to get it fixed... SO GLAD I am not working today - haha.

Got messenger to finally sign in - still can not send/receive messages... so it is getting better... hopefully with in the next little while things will be back to normal!

This post was edited on 10-11-2004 at 04:02 PM by Qucumber.
10-11-2004 03:55 PM
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
God this is so annoying and they get friggin paid for this they should realy get it fixed otherwise people are going to use different programs well not the people who like plus.

EDIT : You can now talk and the dp's and stuff are back up thank god.

This post was edited on 10-11-2004 at 04:53 PM by _Humphreys.
AC3
10-11-2004 04:31 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
elz

It still doesn't work for me :'(
10-11-2004 05:55 PM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: