What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » New Feature Suggestion For Plus.

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
New Feature Suggestion For Plus.
Author: Message:
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. Cool  New Feature Suggestion For Plus.

hello everyone.

i got a few suggestions on new features for plus.

improve the colored nicknames so u can use more than 2 colours so you could use say a rainbow gradient.

messenger skins that change the look of the whole of messenger not just a convos background.

unlimited quick texts. i like these quicktexts but you are only able to store upto 5 it would be better if you could have unlimited.

personalised away status scheduling. a lot of the time that im away from messenger is because im watching tv and generally its at the same time every day. also once every two weeks i have to sign on at the jobcenter now then what id like to be able to do is setup a schedule of these events so when im not at the computer it changes the status to whichever personal status i need it to so when im scheduled to leave to go to sign on it automatically goes to my jobcenter status and when im watching tv it goes to my watching tv status etc.

auto update. whenever a new version of messenger is released there appears a little yellow box that says " a new version of messenger has been detected click here to upgrade" you click it dot the yes option click ok and it updates you to the newest version. now then surely you could do something like that for plus.

msn messenger forum intergration. on msn alerts i can set a reminder to be alerted of a evnt by both email and by msn alerts through messenger. so my idea is in addition to this forum offering email alerts of topic replies maybe u could add a feature into plus that alerts us through messenger when a topics been replied to on this forum that we are monitoring and if u click the alert it brings u straight to the form.

file transfer save as. ok ever accepted a file transfer on messenger it goes to some pre-determined folder then if u want it stored elewhere for better accessability you gotta go to ur received files folder and move it to where you want it. what im suggesting is when you accept the transfer it offers you the choice of where you want it saved to in the first place it could default to the default received files folder but enable you to browse to another folder instead if u wanted to.

feedback link. currently if i want patchou to see suggestions on possible new features for plus i gotta make a new thread and type it on the forums but you see theres no real dedicated place for feature suggestions on here and im sure we all have them this would waste valueable space on the servers so wouldnt it be better if you were to add a link to the about plus screen that enables us to send suggestions straight to patchou via messenger or email or something rather than clocking up space on the forum with them.

This post was edited on 10-12-2004 at 01:03 PM by Mnjul.
10-12-2004 12:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: New Feature Suggestion For Plus.
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
improve the colored nicknames so u can use more than 2 colours so you could use say a rainbow gradient.

you can do that already: http://msgplus.net/help_tutorials.php?tut=multi-format-colors

quote:
messenger skins that change the look of the whole of messenger not just a convos background.

again you can do that, however it is illegal.
http://rotem.siterush.com/framer/?q=http://www.me...iledb/pafiledb.php

quote:
unlimited quick texts. i like these quicktexts but you are only able to store upto 5 it would be better if you could have unlimited.

again, already possible :p

quote:
personalised away status scheduling.

you can also do this i think, by going to Plus > Schedular

quote:
auto update. whenever a new version of messenger is released there appears a little yellow box that says " a new version of messenger has been detected click here to upgrade" you click it dot the yes option click ok and it updates you to the newest version. now then surely you could do something like that for plus.

do you see a common theme coming here? :p Plus does that!

The Recieved Files suggestions is a good one (Y)
And Patchou doesnt want it to appear that he needs suggestions, just if people have one they can post it

This post was edited on 10-12-2004 at 12:55 PM by saralk.
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
10-12-2004 12:54 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: New Feature Suggestion For Plus.
ok umm im not sure you understood some of my requests. i already knew about the ifc ifg thingy from an old v1 version of plus or was it v2 im not sure i used it to manually code colours into my nickname but that takes hours to code and im not really good at programming. the colornick program is closer to what i had in mind but thats only designed to gradient 2 colors if i set red and yellow itl display my nickname in red then orange then a lighter oranger then yellow. but what id like to do is closer to what you can do in macromedia software with gradients where i can pick as many colours as i like and define how the gradients work in a user interface and it codes the stuff for me.

ok auto update well i havent ever seen it i can go to plus then about plus and click check for updates but thats not automatic its manual if an automatic version does already exist where do i find it?

i found the scheduler i didnt no it could be used to do that.

i havent ever seen this feature in plus i have seen a quick texts plugin but i doubt it does unlimited quicktexs do correct me if im wrong.

i understand patchou doesnt want to appear to need suggestions. it was only an idea but i understand why patchou doesnt want to implement it and thats cool.
10-12-2004 01:47 PM
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
if an automatic version does already exist where do i find it?
It shows up if a new version is detected. Technically, you could install an older version and wait for the notice to come on to see what it looks like.

quote:
i have seen a quick texts plugin but i doubt it does unlimited quicktexs do correct me if im wrong
I think you are wrong, and that there was virtually no limit if you used that plug-in.
10-12-2004 02:44 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
oh right ill download the plugin anbd see thank you. ill also try reinstalling 3.20.100 and see if the update notice does happen and let u know.
10-12-2004 03:07 PM
Mithrandir

ColorNick's creator

36 / Male / –
quote:
the colornick program is closer to what i had in mind but thats only designed to gradient 2 colors if i set red and yellow itl display my nickname in red then orange then a lighter oranger then yellow. but what id like to do is closer to what you can do in macromedia software with gradients where i can pick as many colours as i like and define how the gradients work in a user interface and it codes the stuff for me.

you can have a rainbow gradient with ColorNick if you want, but it's not automatic like in flash or photoshop.
you have to select 5 characters (for example), apply a gradient (red->yellow); select the next 5 characters, apply a gradient (yellow->green) and so on.

-> see the attachment ;-)

however don't forget you only have 129 characters in the nickname and each color takes 9 characters, so if you want to have a rainbow nick, choose a SHORT nick :)

.jpg File Attachment: multiple-gradients.jpg (105.65 KB)
This file has been downloaded 256 time(s).
ColorNick v2 for MsgPlus 3 only: Official thread - Site & FAQ - Download
10-12-2004 03:09 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
cool looks great. by the way the auto update cant exist i reinstalled 3.20.100 and have been running messenger for 10 minutes and no update notice. it would be nice if patchou could add this feature in a future version.

by the way ill never know about quicktexts now as the plugins section of the messenger plus site no longer exists.

oh by the way in addition to not having an auto update function in plus yet theres a major malfunction in the manual updater. im still using the reinstalled 3.20.100 version and went to check for updates via the about plus box and it says no new updates available at this time yet i know there is as the site says current version is 3.21.104 so this featuree needs to be fixed.

This post was edited on 10-12-2004 at 03:34 PM by stuartbennett.
10-12-2004 03:29 PM
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
the auto update cant exist i reinstalled 3.20.100 and have been running messenger for 10 minutes and no update notice. it would be nice if patchou could add this feature in a future version.
There really is an auto update feature available. Do take in account that it will only check for updates once a week (the 10 minute period could have been too short), and that it might not have been updated to show that 3.21 is the latest (and that it still appears that 3.20 is the latest; this is done to prevent everyone downloading the new version at the same time, and so to prevent massive server load).

quote:
the plugins section of the messenger plus site no longer exists
I don't understand; http://plugins.msgplus.net still works for me.

quote:
im still using the reinstalled 3.20.100 version and went to check for updates via the about plus box and it says no new updates available at this time yet i know there is as the site says current version is 3.21.104 so this featuree needs to be fixed.
There is no bug; as I said, it might not have been updated to show that 3.21 is the latest (and that it still appears that 3.20 is the latest; this is done to prevent everyone downloading the new version at the same time and so to prevent massive server load). :)
10-12-2004 03:47 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
yeah ok tochjo maybe your right about the auto update link ok but check this out.

This is the Plesk™ default page.
If you see this page it means:

1) hosting for this domain is not configured
or
2) there's no such domain registered in Plesk.

For more information please contact patchou@srv05.patchou.com

that is what appears when i clicked that link you gave me i dunno why that is but thats watt im getting.
10-12-2004 04:20 PM
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
That is because Patchou is currently doing some server maintenance. I myself have trouble reaching the site too, now.
10-12-2004 04:25 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: